TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

On 7/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, ejgaudette said:

Sure but where is the fun in that

Plenty of fun for me LOL--- But seriously if I run up on a old Chipo cheap I may get it to put in the vintage fun bag for kicks and giggles

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 7/12/2022 at 3:12 PM, chisag said:

... The new Ping Chipper looks interesting. I would hope you could get it in a package deal with a ball retriever and iron head covers. 🤪  Juuuuust kidding of course because I do think the Ping Chipper is interesting and I would love to play a round using one. Never had a use back in the Midwest but most shots in the desert are tight, grainy bermuda and calls for bump and runs, not pitches or lob shots so it is a shot I am still working on to match the rest of my short game. 

... One of the issues I have with chippers advertising, especially in videos, is they show someone using their wedge/iron attempting to execute a long wristy chip without moving down the grip and hitting it fat and thin. Then with the chipper in their hands they stand closer to the ball and use a putter like stroke with much better results. I have yet to see one Ad where the player using the wedge/iron uses that same putter like stroke with their wedge/iron. Of course this has nothing to do with performance of a chipper or whether or not the shorter shaft and squarer head gives the player more confidence. One of my high index pards falls into that category and had no confidence using a wedge/iron but hits his chipper with a completely different stroke and most importantly, more confidence. 

One of my cronies we call Checkers has that same problem----- He got one of those Square Strikers or Green Thing as we call it. That completely changed his short game. He saves no joke about 5 shots a round. His brother Little Bear (RIP) was raising cain about it because Checkers started beating him.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Plenty of fun for me LOL--- But seriously if I run up on a old Chipo cheap I may get it to put in the vintage fun bag for kicks and giggles

If any of those Chipo in the used barrel were LH it would have gone home with me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

One of my cronies we call Checkers has that same problem----- He got one of those Square Strikers or Green Thing as we call it. That completely changed his short game. He saves no joke about 5 shots a round. His brother Little Bear (RIP) was raising cain about it because Checkers started beating him.

Ole Gray (OG) loved the Green Thing.  He even did a nice Review on it a while back.  Probably still has it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm happy with my putter but incase it ever betrays me, there is a new MEZZ putter that LAB just relased. You can change alignment marks and color.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

13 minutes ago, Rickp said:

If any of those Chipo in the used barrel were LH it would have gone home with me.

... Well here ya go, $38.49 and ambidextrous! Dual sided so you can chip righty if you are against a tree or can't stand in a bunker so it takes the place of 2 clubs! 🤪 

https://offpricegolf.com/collections/all-clubs/products/powerbilt-golf-tps-dual-sided-chipper

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I have always aspired to have a fitting from Ian Fraser from TXG, but now that door is shut. His fees and price structure changed again. $1000 for the fitting (full bag) and then a minimum of $4000 in required spend on clubs. If for some reason you don't want clubs, you are still out $5k. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I have always aspired to have a fitting from Ian Fraser from TXG, but now that door is shut. His fees and price structure changed again. $1000 for the fitting (full bag) and then a minimum of $4000 in required spend on clubs. If for some reason you don't want clubs, you are still out $5k. 

It's like he has become the Pebble Beach/Shadow Creek/Kiawah Island of Golf fitters. Great experience but you will pay through the nose for it. It is a bummer but also probably some people are willing to pay it. I guess if you could do 3 fittings a day for one price or 1 fitting a day and still make the same amount of money it makes sense. Still stinks though. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

11 minutes ago, vandyland said:

It's like he has become the Pebble Beach/Shadow Creek/Kiawah Island of Golf fitters. Great experience but you will pay through the nose for it. It is a bummer but also probably some people are willing to pay it. I guess if you could do 3 fittings a day for one price or 1 fitting a day and still make the same amount of money it makes sense. Still stinks though. 

... Yup, just like courses charge $350 in winter because snowbirds and tourists will pay it. And why not if they are booked with those willing to pay it? Simple supply and demand with actual value irrelevant, although personal value is always what anyone is willing to pay. Locals play the same courses in the summer for $49. 

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Ole Gray (OG) loved the Green Thing.  He even did a nice Review on it a while back.  Probably still has it.

Yep I remember that Checkers got his about the same time

G

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Well here ya go, $38.49 and ambidextrous! Dual sided so you can chip righty if you are against a tree or can't stand in a bunker so it takes the place of 2 clubs! 🤪 

https://offpricegolf.com/collections/all-clubs/products/powerbilt-golf-tps-dual-sided-chipper

Is that outfit linked with Hireko golf? Some of the same products

G

16 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Is that outfit linked with Hireko golf? Some of the same products

... I don't think so but you never know who is hiding where when it comes to business. 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:38 PM, dlow206 said:

Watched this review on the Ping Chipr. The tester (the person testing after Sophie) they used is not the best at chipping, so its realistic. 

I was going to test it today but forgot too.  It would have been a realistic test of someone needing help 🤪🤣.   The guys at HQ weren't impressed but they are all decent golfers. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Tried the Ping ChipR today and after hitting about a dozen shots I think a wedge works just as well.   I was able to blade a few just like any other club and while I didn't take large swings,  it probably needs to be used around the green as it launches low.   Interested to hear others thoughts when they get theirs. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I find myself thinking about a lot of clubs lately.  Getting a new big stick in the fall is a done deal (waiting to be able to hit TSR) but am now probably including FW as well.  
Now, thinking about new Vokeys, and a Stealth DHY or possibly UDI (or two) with a Ventus.  
I’m a ho at heart…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I’ve been in “knee replacement jail” for last 6 weeks.  I’m still not sure how I didn’t buy every LH club/product on the internet!  I’m sure after I’m out of jail I’ll get serious about something new!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Being a most wanted tester can be bad; lots of equipment to test and ponder.   I spent a little more time with the Ping ChipR yesterday and I am now intrigued.   People say just use X iron,  but it seems like the weighting and upright lie angle just make this club better for chipping and finesse wedge shots than a normal iron.  It simply isn’t as limited as I originally made a chipper out to be and it may ultimately be better for me than having a high lofted wedge in the bag.   I’ll tie this to my Shot Scope review;  with limited data, I am losing a lot of strokes in the <50 yard range so maybe shotscope is telling me I need this club.   I’m guessing this will be a club that is turned over quite a bit so I may wait for some to show up on the used market 

Because I’m an Edel fan-boy, Edel SMS irons… Won’t be able to afford them for about 18 months, but my initial try showed promise, just have to find the right shaft and weight combination.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I purposely dropped my 3w and just go driver/HyWood/24* hybrid, but now I'm kind of wanting something in the 15* range for tee shots on tight holes.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I'm looking at maybe a new 58* wedge, just have lost all confidence standing over short chips and pitches with the hi toe, which super bums me out. I might even consider going the chipper route as well

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I'm looking at maybe a new 58* wedge, just have lost all confidence standing over short chips and pitches with the hi toe, which super bums me out. I might even consider going the chipper route as well

If not the chipper, CBX2 might be a great option. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

33 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

If not the chipper, CBX2 might be a great option. 

Thinking about it. I do have something coming up with Vokey thanks to the East Coast Meetup where I'm looking to get into the nitty gritty since I like manipulating face angles for certain shots, but at this point I'm open to just about anything. 

It is weird right now because I love how the other two wedges get through the turf and work so well on full shots, 3/4 shots, half shots, etc... but for chips and pitches around the green I'm not sure if I have technique yips or club yips, but I just don't feel comfortable over any shot around a green right now.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Just talked with Rob…..it looks like I’ll be going to bed every night for 6 more weeks dreaming of the T300 irons won in the U.S. Open Pool. Now, if I could just learn to count sheep….

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Just talked with Rob…..it looks like I’ll be going to bed every night for 6 more weeks dreaming of the T300 irons won in the U.S. Open Pool. Now, if I could just learn to count sheep….

Good thing you live in FL where you can use those clubs 365 days a year.  

20 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

Ahh the memories, made me think of ketchup

... That Heinz commercial just may be the best use of a song in an ad ever.  Interestingly after playing Anticipation too many times to count on the radio, when the song popped in my head it was as the Heinz spot not Carly Simon. 🙃

Putter fitting. Need something that gives me confidence all the time. Worked for 4w (although I just had two rough tee shots with it yesterday) and irons for most part. I was on a hot streak with my current stick but seemed to lose touch or concentration or both. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 7/20/2022 at 9:46 PM, Rickp said:

I’ve been in “knee replacement jail” for last 6 weeks.  I’m still not sure how I didn’t buy every LH club/product on the internet!  I’m sure after I’m out of jail I’ll get serious about something new!  

I think after having to lose out on weeks of golf, you deserve something new and shiny.