Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

1 hour ago, chisag said:

it is easy to mistake undergarments when you hear the key in the front door and you have but a few seconds to get out the back. 

Respect restored.

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

This from the ball that wears no pants at all!!!  

And proud of it. The main reason I don’t roll straight.

6 hours ago, ole gray said:

All you traditionalist don't get ya panties in a wad when I say I'm thinking of yet another SGI type iron. Hell I'm 72 years old, lost some swing speed and love forgiveness in my irons.  I don't give a rats arse about beautiful irons that are only good for making my bag look hawt. I want something I can kick butt on the golf course with.  Irons that will make this unpredictable game more enjoyable and  keep my cussing down to a minimum. Soooooo I have the new 2023 Taylormade Stealth HD irons on my radar.  I haven't bagged a set of Taylormade irons since the RBZ model that I tested for another forum.  That's been quite a few years back.  I'll be scheduling a fitting in the near future so we'll see how that shakes out. 

More people should get their ego out of the way and find the gear that helps them play better golf and have more fun doing it!  Good on ya!  

6 hours ago, ole gray said:

All you traditionalist don't get ya panties in a wad when I say I'm thinking of yet another SGI type iron. Hell I'm 72 years old, lost some swing speed and love forgiveness in my irons.  I don't give a rats arse about beautiful irons that are only good for making my bag look hawt. I want something I can kick butt on the golf course with.  Irons that will make this unpredictable game more enjoyable and  keep my cussing down to a minimum. Soooooo I have the new 2023 Taylormade Stealth HD irons on my radar.  I haven't bagged a set of Taylormade irons since the RBZ model that I tested for another forum.  That's been quite a few years back.  I'll be scheduling a fitting in the near future so we'll see how that shakes out. 

More people should get their ego out of the way and find the gear that helps them play better golf and have more fun doing it!  Good on ya!  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Lighter shafts for my irons or a new set with lighter shafts. Playing the nippon 120 at 114g. Would love to get into that 105 range to pick up a little extra speed with a smaller head than my HM921. Maybe then 923hmp or 225. Also found out I get a discount in titleist clubs for my TPI certification 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

Lighter shafts for my irons or a new set with lighter shafts. Playing the nippon 120 at 114g. Would love to get into that 105 range to pick up a little extra speed with a smaller head than my HM921. Maybe then 923hmp or 225. Also found out I get a discount in titleist clubs for my TPI certification 

Get fit because you might find that lighter shafts do not mean more speed.  For me (and many other good players), I lose speed if I go too light because it throws off my sequencing.  There is diminishing returns with going lighter and for some people the returns diminish a hell of a lot faster than for others.

And that doesn't even take into account the potential impact on strike consistency reducing average ball speed and dispersion/accuracy 

5 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Get fit because you might find that lighter shafts do not mean more speed.  For me (and many other good players), I lose speed if I go too light because it throws off my sequencing.  There is diminishing returns with going lighter and for some people the returns diminish a hell of a lot faster than for others.

And that doesn't even take into account the potential impact on strike consistency reducing average ball speed and dispersion/accuracy 

I have a few demo days stump over the next few weeks to give it a try. I really want to tinker to see what things would look like with performance. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

8 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

I agree with this advice. Not to mention with the lighter shafts you may find yourself overloading them and hitting sweeping hooks. I switched from KBS C-Tour lites at 110 grams to the TT DG 120’s and actually picked up club head speed and accuracy. Not to mention a lower more penetrating ball flight. The switch to the heavier shaft with a different kick worked for me. However, as stated by Golfspy_Lukes get fitted! I think you will be surprised.

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!

18 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

10 hours ago, Javs said:

I agree with this advice. Not to mention with the lighter shafts you may find yourself overloading them and hitting sweeping hooks. I switched from KBS C-Tour lites at 110 grams to the TT DG 120’s and actually picked up club head speed and accuracy. Not to mention a lower more penetrating ball flight. The switch to the heavier shaft with a different kick worked for me. However, as stated by Golfspy_Lukes get fitted! I think you will be surprised.

Thx for those comments guys - an iron fitting is def coming up for me in the near future!!

My current set works well enough but recently, as my swing is evolving (notice I didn't say "better" 😝) now I can tell they're not the best fit for me... (..and heck new shiny toys 😉)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My Golf Forever order just arrived today. With 3 months till season starts, I am going to be in better shape this year than I was last. I have to take a video-physical-screening to determine what exercises to do. I’ll report back after I’ve done it a few times. 

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

I always think about putters and last night I completed all the sessions for most wanted blade putters.   I am trying to find the best putter for this spot in my bag so I am comparing new releases to what is in the market.   There are definitely some nice putters, but I don’t thing I found anything better that what I have in my collection at home.  Trying the various putter does help confirm things like a weight range that works for my stroke…most new putters are too heavy for me.  

As graphite shafts become more popular they are becoming standard in a few brands and models of clubs. IMO, they don’t seem to provide a lot of noticeable benefit.  Maybe if I put myself on a Quintic, SAM, Capto, or other similar system might see some slightly better numbers but I have lots more things to fix that the shaft probably won’t help with.  As an FYI, the Graphite shafts that were part of testing were LA Golf, stroke lab, UST All-in, Pings graphite, and PXGs.  

Mallet putting starts Monday; while I don’t expect to find a mallet putter since they typically perform worse than blades for me, it will be interesting to have a complete evaluation of what is new.  I am interested in trying the new TM with the moveable weight system.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I am trying to find the best putter driver for this spot in my bag so I am comparing new releases to what is in the market.   There are definitely some nice putters drivers, but I didn't find anything better that what I have in my bag at home last year.

... I have made the modifications because I am in the same boat, but with drivers instead of putters. Not sure I should have "upgraded" from the OG Sim to the Sim2 but ever since my fitting when I found my Cobra Extreme was not producing enough spin and switching to the OG Sim I haven't found that driver that adds 5+ yds with the same dispersion and feel. If it sounds and feels bad (louder) it will need to produce more than 5 yards. When swinging well and I have been hitting my driver really well for awhile now since adding the AD-IZ and I can't imagine better dispersion. 

... So like last year I will hit everything new on demo days where I can directly compare my Sim2 and see if I can find a little more performance in 2023. Paradym, Aerojet, G430 and especially the TSR3 are on my list. Stealth was basically identical to my Sim2 so I don't see the Stealth2 being any different. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Thinking about stepping back into some more forgiving irons...  I've been gaming either the Sub 70 639 CBs or the Mizuno MP60s over the last year and while I've been playing low to mid 80s golf with them I now know that I would benefit from something that is a little more forgiving when I don't hit the tiny little sweet spot on both of those sets (most of the time).  With that in mind,I'm solidly back into my Srixon obsession and am thinking about Z585s, ZX5, or ZX5 mkII's.   Part of me just wants to treat myself and pull the trigger on the MkII's, but the deal hound in me thinks I can find a set of the 585's in good condition for a reasonable price.  To top all off the club ho part of me is seeing Roger Dunn dumping brand new OG ZX5's for $899 and is screaming at me to just do it.  😜 

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

I continue to look at wedges and the amount of money in my Rock Bottom Golf Account, but I seemingly can't find a way to make it work for me to do either a full overhaul or to get the wedges I want in the lofts needed. UGGGGH

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

41 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I continue to look at wedges and the amount of money in my Rock Bottom Golf Account, but I seemingly can't find a way to make it work for me to do either a full overhaul or to get the wedges I want in the lofts needed. UGGGGH

I feel you needing 3 at once is a problem here as I have mentioned before, and Sub 70 just dropped some new wedges which look sweet but are up to $135 which is getting steep and always nervous about used ones since the whole point to is to get some more spin back.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

48 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I feel you needing 3 at once is a problem here as I have mentioned before, and Sub 70 just dropped some new wedges which look sweet but are up to $135 which is getting steep and always nervous about used ones since the whole point to is to get some more spin back.

Well see, for me, the issue is whether to keep my 49* and just go for 54* and 59*. The problem there is that I'd need to customize the 59* from a 58* or 60* and that brings fewer clubs into consideration which means I go through the budget faster. If I trade all my wedges and go for a revamp to 48-54-60 it does open up more options for set building, but nothing in a consistent set of one brand of wedges from the site, unless I want to spend in the 170-180 price point, which at point, just get 2! 

I'm also balancing the fact I need to get golf balls and shoes for the upcoming season as well, and maybe a travel cover for the MGS excursion, while also prepping for an anniversary, Valentine's, and a potential house purchase in the spring. So many things... so little money and as always I paralyze myself with choice.

EDIT: Forgot third potential scenario... just get one wedge bent to 61* and have my 6 degrees that way. Hrrrrrm

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

The oldest clubs in my bag are my wedges, Callaway MD3 54 & 58. Which is what I should be replacing. So I’m looking at PXG 0311 3X forged at the veterans price of $119.

But I’m feeling the call of a new putter which given that I own two Evnroll putters (ER7 & ER11v) is completely ridiculous. 😵💫 I want a Scotty Phantom X 9 (damn you Scotty and your marketing! 🤬). I really love the feel of the un-anodized stainless steel with my ER7. I turn 60 later this year. Maybe I’ll wait till then.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

PXG 0311XF LH driver……

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, silver & black said:

I'm still playing SM4's that I bought new...lol. I see no reason to replace them.

I can only encourage you. I played sm4 for a few years. Sm8 and sm9 different iron. Much better flight window.  Also found sm4 to drop off a lot on higher face shots just above sweet spot.  New stuff is killer. Give it a try and let us know. 

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

Starting to give some thought to maybe a more forgiving player distance type iron. Maybe it was because it was so cold and I haven't really swung much, but i was punished so badly yesterday at the range... 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Per my fitting in October:

Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 75X, 5g of hot melt toward the face

Can

Not

Wait

to buy this and have it in my bag this year!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Starting to give some thought to maybe a more forgiving player distance type iron. Maybe it was because it was so cold and I haven't really swung much, but i was punished so badly yesterday at the range... 

not sure if i230 is player’s distance, more likely the i525, but they are VERY forgiving!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Revamp in the works.  One bad golf trip so it must be the clubs.

Adding Mizuno 225's to replace standard hot metals.  New Evenroll blade ER1

New shafts for the wedges - KBS Hi Rev

Driver stays-  simply due to the fact I am now broke!!!

I am sure the bad trip was based on the clubs presently in the bag, not the fact I have not

hit a ball since Novermber and every course we played had a 130 plus slope.

I know the issue I just can not resolve the mental challenges.  Costly

Ping G425 LST 9 degree Tour 173-65 Stiff with Golf Pride Multi Compound White/Black Grip. Cut down to 45 inches. Didn’t see much difference between the 430 and 425 in performance and distance. So, with the 430 on the market and the 425 going on sale it might be time to pull the trigger!

2 minutes ago, Javs said:

Ping G425 LST 9 degree Tour 173-65 Stiff with Golf Pride Multi Compound White/Black Grip. Cut down to 45 inches. Didn’t see much difference between the 430 and 425 in performance and distance. So, with the 430 on the market and the 425 going on sale it might be time to pull the trigger!

I agree with your assessment and I think that is across the board when comparing this vs last years drivers.    After hitting the 430, I think the big focus may have been sound related 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I agree with your assessment and I think that is across the board when comparing this vs last years drivers.    After hitting the 430, I think the big focus may have been sound related 

Totally agree. It was a different sound. Seems they toned it down a bit. However, I found they performed the same. In fact, I actually hit the 425 a little farther. 

I was thinking about replacing my driver. I had the opportunity to spend about an hour at my local Dicks in their fitting bay by myself. I had purchased the PXG 0311 Gen 5 driver before Christmas but in looking at comments on forums, there were some that felt that PXG just wasn't competitive with the other big-name brands.

Here is the list of the maximum ball speeds achieved with all of the drivers. All were set to 9° with stiff shafts. The PXG is an inch shorter than the rest.

Paradym 142. 6

Pxg 141. 9

Ping 147. 5

Stealth 142

Rogue 144

Longest drive was the Ping at 277 but it was way off the planet left (hence, fastest ball speed). Best couple of balls straight down the middle came from the Rogue at 266 total and about 2,000 backspin. The Stealth feels really hard off the face and is a slice machine. Only caught it flush with a draw a couple of times. Ping is extremely heavy in the head, was slicing it quite a bit until I came back to it and started straightening it out. The PXG Gen 5 definitely holds its own against these other drivers, especially considering it is 1 inch shorter. The Rogue was completely anti-slice for me, I didn't have one to the right at all and it was probably my most enjoyable club. The one I would want to come back to again and again. Followed by the PXG and Paradygm. Ping would be fourth, followed by the Stealth. It's a shame they didn't have the Stealth 2 for me to hit. They are sitting in the back but TaylorMade has instructed them not to put them out for demo just yet. The Paradygm had a nice crack to it, but I don't see much of an improvement over the Rogue. It did however, have the lowest spin shots across the board. On some fairly obvious slices, the backspin was still in the 2200 to 2400 range. Which is very impressive.

As far as value goes, the PXG Gen 5 driver is absolutely at the top of the heap. At $299, which is half off its regular price, you absolutely cannot beat it. Additionally, they are adding stores and fitting vans around the country. The next best value would be the Rogue ST currently selling for $450. I liked it every bit as much as the Paradygm (if not more) and as I mentioned it was producing nice little draws for me on almost every swing. Definitely anti-right with a very solid feel. I wouldn't buy the Stealth at any price, even knowing that it is going on sale soon once they roll out the Stealth 2. Hard to justify paying $550 for the Ping or $600 for the Paradygm at this point.

DR: PXG 0311 Gen 5 with Tensei White Extra Stiff
3W: PXG 0211 with Tensei White Extra Stiff
3H: Tour Exotics EX221 with HZRDUS Smoke Black Stiff
IRN: 2021 PXG 0211 with MMT Mitsubishi Stiff 
54/58: Cleveland CBX
P: Wilson Infinite Buckingham

19 minutes ago, dmacko99 said:

I was thinking about replacing my driver. I had the opportunity to spend about an hour at my local Dicks in their fitting bay by myself. I had purchased the PXG 0311 Gen 5 driver before Christmas but in looking at comments on forums, there were some that felt that PXG just wasn't competitive with the other big-name brands.

Here is the list of the maximum ball speeds achieved with all of the drivers. All were set to 9° with stiff shafts. The PXG is an inch shorter than the rest.

Paradym 142. 6

Pxg 141. 9

Ping 147. 5

Stealth 142

Rogue 144

Longest drive was the Ping at 277 but it was way off the planet left (hence, fastest ball speed). Best couple of balls straight down the middle came from the Rogue at 266 total and about 2,000 backspin. The Stealth feels really hard off the face and is a slice machine. Only caught it flush with a draw a couple of times. Ping is extremely heavy in the head, was slicing it quite a bit until I came back to it and started straightening it out. The PXG Gen 5 definitely holds its own against these other drivers, especially considering it is 1 inch shorter. The Rogue was completely anti-slice for me, I didn't have one to the right at all and it was probably my most enjoyable club. The one I would want to come back to again and again. Followed by the PXG and Paradygm. Ping would be fourth, followed by the Stealth. It's a shame they didn't have the Stealth 2 for me to hit. They are sitting in the back but TaylorMade has instructed them not to put them out for demo just yet. The Paradygm had a nice crack to it, but I don't see much of an improvement over the Rogue. It did however, have the lowest spin shots across the board. On some fairly obvious slices, the backspin was still in the 2200 to 2400 range. Which is very impressive.

As far as value goes, the PXG Gen 5 driver is absolutely at the top of the heap. At $299, which is half off its regular price, you absolutely cannot beat it. Additionally, they are adding stores and fitting vans around the country. The next best value would be the Rogue ST currently selling for $450. I liked it every bit as much as the Paradygm (if not more) and as I mentioned it was producing nice little draws for me on almost every swing. Definitely anti-right with a very solid feel. I wouldn't buy the Stealth at any price, even knowing that it is going on sale soon once they roll out the Stealth 2. Hard to justify paying $550 for the Ping or $600 for the Paradygm at this point.

I think the best driver for you might be the PXG in currently in your bag.

I just got fitted Ping G430 SFT driver, G430 max 3 fairway, G430 4 hybrid, G430 irons.I kept myTommy Armour Impact 3 putter (I avg 29 putts per round)

Edited by Accumack

Full set of Ping G430 clubs, Tommy Armour Impact 3 putter average 29 putts per round.