Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

I've been striking my irons pretty well overall, but still can't get the Srixons I hit at the PGA show the past two years out of my mind.

Setup the 2nd Swing Tour Van iron fitting for next Tuesday morning!

Awesome! Which model?

Z545 irons are the ones I hit at the show, but I'm open to trying the Z355's, as well.  I'm willing to try anything the fitter recommends, but the Z545's are what's motivating me to setup the fitting.

• Like 2

Z545 irons are the ones I hit at the show, but I'm open to trying the Z355's, as well. I'm willing to try anything the fitter recommends, but the Z545's are what's motivating me to setup the fitting.

They are incredible. Let us know how the fitting goes
  • Like 1

Wedges wedges and more wedges.

I had that ponder a over the last 2 weeks - then the Vokey SM6s happened.

Any wedges in particular that you are thinking about?

Thinking of upgrading my Ping I 15's which have been wonderful clubs to the new Ping I irons. Going to try out this weekend. Has anybody else swapped between the two? would be interested to hear your comments.

Midas

Z545 irons are the ones I hit at the show, but I'm open to trying the Z355's, as well.  I'm willing to try anything the fitter recommends, but the Z545's are what's motivating me to setup the fitting.

Those (545) are such awesome irons. Both in looks and performance.  They came very close to being in my bag. 

• Like 1

Wedges wedges and more wedges.

I have a set of Bombtech wedges coming in September......got a hellofdeal on a presale so i said, why bot?  I do know that it will be very hard to replace my SCORs, but they will try...

BombtechWedge52Logos__66086.1464206489.5

Bombtech_Wedge_Bundle_Coming_Soon__09115

I have a set of Bombtech wedges coming in September......got a hellofdeal on a presale so i said, why bot?  I do know that it will be very hard to replace my SCORs, but they will try...

Hope you do a writeup on the wedges when you get them.  I went to their site and to learn more about their construction but the information is extremely limited (other than that they only come in 52, 56, and 60* (with 12,10,8 degrees of bounce respectively) and each wedge has a heel and toe grind.

• Like 1

I had that ponder a over the last 2 weeks - then the Vokey SM6s happened.

Any wedges in particular that you are thinking about?

MD3's are being pondered hardcore.

I have a set of Bombtech wedges coming in September......got a hellofdeal on a presale so i said, why bot? I do know that it will be very hard to replace my SCORs, but they will try...

Will be interested in your thoughts.

I'm thinking about swapping my SM5 wedges for some MD3's not sure if I want to make the jump or not.

MD3 wedges seem to be feast or famine with most of my buddies.  They either loved them or hated them.  

Maybe pick up a used one of ebay or CPO and try it out before you make the plunge and swap out your entire set?

• Like 1

MD3 wedges seem to be feast or famine with most of my buddies. They either loved them or hated them.

Maybe pick up a used one of ebay or CPO and try it out before you make the plunge and swap out your entire set?

That's what I'm thinking about, looking at the PM grind for my 58 degree wedge

I'm thinking about swapping my SM5 wedges for some MD3's not sure if I want to make the jump or not.

I've never hit the SM5's  So I can't compare them to my SM6, but those that I know that have hit both, said the jump in improvement from the SM5 to SM6 is astounding.  And I haven't hit the MD3 either, to be fair.  

I think I want to build a set of DBM Maltby irons with AXE tour X shafts. If not those some Ping G irons.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Just thinking about the Sun Mountain 2Five I was selected to tested for the forum. Excited to see how much lighter it feels than my Three5.

The Three5 weighs just about 4 lbs, so that would make the 2Five almost 1.5 lbs lighter!

• Like 1

Had an equipment thought yesterday and bought a new driver and a new 4 iron. I need to stop having thoughts since I am running out of room in the club room in the basement.

• Like 3

Had an equipment thought yesterday and bought a new driver and a new 4 iron. I need to stop having thoughts since I am running out of room in the club room in the basement.

What 4 iron?