Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

MD4's better than MD3, but the Forged is better than both.

MD forged are the truth. I wince when I hit a vokey now they are so sharp and clicky. To each their own, but +1 here for MD forged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

MD4's better than MD3, but the Forged is better than both.

What's the major difference between the two. Can get the MD3 at GG for about $50 less than the MD4.
  • Like 1

To be honest, I prefer the look of the MD4s over the MD3s (the green puts me off). The only main difference between the two is probably the extra grooves on the MD4s (Groove-in-Groove technology). Apart from that, I've got no idea.

If you can get the MD3s for $50 less at GG, then you may as well go for them.

• Like 1

Considering doing an Edel putter fitting to see what they come up with. May not buy anything but I love the concept behind the process and hoping to just add more information on the putting stroke into my knowledge library. Some people like drivers, some like irons, some wedges; I am addicted to anything putter related.

Interest was generated based on another forums video post of the complete process and listening to some podcasts.

• Like 2

Thinking about new set of Wedges. Currently using the original Cleveland RTXs but looking a bit jaded and feel heavy c.f. my Srixon  Z565 irons. Had a fitting for the Cleveland RTX 3 seems like they are coming to end of line so good price vs SM7 fitting on Saturday.

Thoughts?

Thinking about new set of Wedges. Currently using the original Cleveland RTXs but looking a bit jaded and feel heavy c.f. my Srixon Z565 irons. Had a fitting for the Cleveland RTX 3 seems like they are coming to end of line so good price vs SM7 fitting on Saturday.

Thoughts?

Look into the Hogan equalizer review great wedges

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Looking for some Ping ISI blue Dot sand wedges. Making the hunt a little more difficult I need the beryllium copper model.

Anyone have some?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking for some Ping ISI blue Dot sand wedges. Making the hunt a little more difficult I need the beryllium copper model.

Anyone have some?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'll keep an eye out. I see all sorts of random stuff UP here.

• Like 1

While I don't need new irons I have convinced myself I need a MP-18 combo set, a JPX Tour, or a I210 iron set.

• Like 2

While I don't need new irons I have convinced myself I need a MP-18 combo set, a JPX Tour, or a I210 iron set.

If you are looking at the i210's don't over look the iBlades. They are more along the lines of the MP-18's and JPX Tours than the i210's.

If you are looking at the i210's don't over look the iBlades. They are more along the lines of the MP-18's and JPX Tours than the i210's.

Good point, thanks. I normally don't consider myself a good enough ball striker to play blades but I suppose that the iBlades have a little more tech than normal blades.
  • Like 1

Good point, thanks. I normally don't consider myself a good enough ball striker to play blades but I suppose that the iBlades have a little more tech than normal blades.

Obviously the “get fit” thing will come up. And I see you are one of our younger members. I think you out of anyone would benefit from lessons and fitting the most. And I mean that in a good way.

Just my thoughts on that. All it takes is patience and practice to become a good ball striker.

• Like 3

Obviously the “get fit” thing will come up. And I see you are one of our younger members. I think you out of anyone would benefit from lessons and fitting the most. And I mean that in a good way.

Just my thoughts on that. All it takes is patience and practice to become a good ball striker.

Yes, I agree. I have promised myself that I will never get clubs OTR again. I have tried lessons with a few pros but all wanted me to have a "cookie cutter" swing. I don't have a "normal" swing and don't think trying to create one is how I will play my best golf. I have a shoulder turn to about 115 degrees and all of the pros have really tried to shorten that.

I have been working on it myself and have lowered my handicap by about 8 this year so far. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree. I have promised myself that I will never get clubs OTR again. I have tried lessons with a few pros but all wanted me to have a "cookie cutter" swing. I don't have a "normal" swing and don't think trying to create one is how I will play my best golf. I have a shoulder turn to about 115 degrees and all of the pros have really tried to shorten that.

I have been working on it myself and have lowered my handicap by about 8 this year so far. Thanks for the advice.

The Bubba approach. That's the route I took. I won't say not to do that for sure, just make sure it is right for you. It sounds like you love the game, keep at it!

• Like 1

Thinking about a new driver what with the G400 series, ST180, F8 series out...I've now gone so far as to making an appointment with Club Champion for a driver fitting in October.

• Like 6

I am looking at fairway woods and hybrids.  I struggle to find one that I am comfortable with and able to consistently hit. tried some of the new offerings on the market last week at the golf shot but not feeling it.

I am looking at the King Cobra oversize 3-4 hybrid.    

Darn #CobraCONNECT challenge has me thinking all sorts of Cobra and now an ARCCOS set.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2