Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

On 2/5/2019 at 11:16 PM, TSauer said:

I was looking at both of those items. How'd you manage to get one of the Dura Pros for only $90? That seems like a steal.

Amazon. It's not their top of the line mat but it's a 4x5 and works great. It's not as thick, but I bought a pack of the foam workout tiles, combined four of them to put under the green mat, and that added thickness to it. Works great for my Skytrak. Posted links below for both.

Dura Pro Mat

Workout Mat Tiles

• Like 2

Hit the epic flash sub zero today during practice and confirmed what I thought. I need a new driver. I was at least 5mph faster and 16 more carry yards on best strikes compared to my epic. 

• Like 2

Amazon. It's not their top of the line mat but it's a 4x5 and works great. It's not as thick, but I bought a pack of the foam workout tiles, combined four of them to put under the green mat, and that added thickness to it. Works great for my Skytrak. Posted links below for both.
Dura Pro Mat
Workout Mat Tiles

Ahh gotcha! Thanks, I will check it out!

Been spending the past two days browsing Scotty Cameron putters. Down to the 6m or 5w. This is what happens when my putter is out getting refinished haha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Been spending the past two days browsing Scotty Cameron putters. Down to the 6m or 5w. This is what happens when my putter is out getting refinished haha

I can't get the Phantom X No.12 out of my head.  😳

I was at a PGATSS over the weekend hitting just about any driver they had laying around for "self service". The only new model laying around was the F9 (which I really liked), everything else was the year old stuff. An M3 was by far the best, by around 15 - 20 yards (average and max). I was also pretty floored by the accuracy. Now I want one. 

• Like 1

I’ve been tinkering with new sets of irons. I’ve hit the Srixon 585s and 785s. Love both, maybe combo set. Have hit apex19s, like the pros a little better. I currently game XR Pros,
Do like the looks of New Level but would need to have in hand before I pull trigger. Any suggestions?

Putter has been on the list for a while, just waiting on new release dates.

Have some amazon GCs to spend so Pondering the following, superspeed golf, orange whip, or orange whip wedge. The biggest question is which would I get the most use from. The suoerspeed golf thread has been great to read and the results seem real, but No garage limits my bad weather usage so would I get the benefit. Orange whip might be a nice alternative, especially the compact since I have read people use it indoors. The wedge is the most appealing since it would potentially help me with the weakest part of my game. The question is whether it would accelerate my improvement of if just using a wedge would be a better approach.

Trying to get data and input on high MOI putters to determine if I should invest.  Read where higher MOI is much better for off-center hits, but curious about trade-off with getting the ball on the intended line with the right pace.  

Also, has anyone heard of Cure putters?

Trying to get data and input on high MOI putters to determine if I should invest.  Read where higher MOI is much better for off-center hits, but curious about trade-off with getting the ball on the intended line with the right pace.  

I owned a Cure putter for 18 holes. Not the putters fault at all, couldn’t miss with it at the store but I really struggled with the size on the course. I think I’m just used to a smaller profile.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

42 minutes ago, JackB said:

Heard of cure and tested them as part of most wanted.   What do you want to know about MOI putters?  High MOI putters are generally slower to rotate (think figure skater with arms out vs arms in) and will resist twisting when the ball hits off center.  There is no trade off getting the ball on intended line or pace.   Intended line is a combination of face angle at impact and the putters path; the face angle at impact having the largest impact.  Pace is about stroke length, tempo, and where on the face you contact the ball.  

10 hours ago, JackB said:

I was at an event with them a few years back. Back when the CX1/CX1 came out. Also around the same time Lexi was playing with them. I had one in my bag for about a season. Overall it performed well, but my constant need to tinker eventually replaced it with a variety of other putters. Feel was good and I never had any trouble getting it on it's intended line. Decent putters and you could probably find one for relatively cheap. The ability to change the weight of the head was also nice.