jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

I'm currently designing and pricing custom putter covers 🙂 haha. Winter needs to end so I can actually golf and stop buying stuff!

• Like 1

Saw that the other day at PGA SS. Looks like a lot of great features but debating if I want to go with that or the Garmin S20. The S20 has a few more options- the Autoshot and green layout view is pretty cool.
Then again, also debating if I want to go with a laser finder, possibly Precision Pro.

I got the Garmin s60 and it is great. Only got to use it a couple of times but does a ton of things. Once it warms up I’ll probably do a write up. With that being said I think the s20 does pretty much all the same things at half the price.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

I got the Garmin s60 and it is great. Only got to use it a couple of times but does a ton of things. Once it warms up I’ll probably do a write up. With that being said I think the s20 does pretty much all the same things at half the price.

Yea, the S60 looks pretty sweet but beyond my planned budget. The S20 seems loaded enough for me at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well hit some irons today. G410, F9 one length, Hot metal pro, and the p790.

Was really looking into the g410 and HMP but the p790 performed so well. Now I can’t stop thinking about them being in my bag.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

Was really looking into the g410 and HMP but the p790 performed so well. Now I can’t stop thinking about them being in my bag.

I haven't gamed in TaylorMade irons in a looooooong time however those p790 dawgs look hawt! 😍

On 3/5/2019 at 7:32 AM, ole gray said:

I've had the TaylorMade M5 or M6 driver on my mind.   Two of my friends game the M3 & M4 versions and love em.   One of the older dudes is cranking it out there pretty far.   I hit his a few times and was pleasantly surprised!   It wouldn't hurt to have a couple of drivers in my stall. 

I definitely will be in the market for a new gps watch this year.    My current one is about to kick the bucket.

I'm quoting myself because I have the TM driver checked off my  list!  Picked one up yesterday so I'll be cooking with Crisco off the tee!! 💣   With that said I am still looking for a good GPS watch this year to replace my current one. 🏌️‍♂️

• Like 5

13 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

I am looking at the TM 790 and F9 one length as well. Will be interested to hear what you think. Have not found somewhere that has them in Lefty yet... the story of my life finding golf clubs

2 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I am looking at the TM 790 and F9 one length as well. Will be interested to hear what you think. Have not found somewhere that has them in Lefty yet... the story of my life finding golf clubs

Starting testing all 4. Removed the least consistent and worst performing which was the f9. So then it was the g410, Hot metal pro, and p790. After hitting a bunch of shots, the hot metal was dropped off. Then it was between the g410 and p790. The p790 ending up beating the g410 in both performance and consistency. Ordered 5-Aw p790.

• Like 2

Interesting assortment of irons. The 410 and F9 one length are more GI while the hot metal and 790 are more players/players distance.

I have been testing the 410 and F9 line in the GI testing. I am not a fan of the 410 irons; they seem inconsistent to me and my numbers aren’t great compare to the other irons in the test. The F9 one length are long but low launching. 790s are just great clubs. Looking forward to trying the new Muzuno
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, patrickleeleep said:

Starting testing all 4. Removed the least consistent and worst performing which was the f9. So then it was the g410, Hot metal pro, and p790. After hitting a bunch of shots, the hot metal was dropped off. Then it was between the g410 and p790. The p790 ending up beating the g410 in both performance and consistency. Ordered 5-Aw p790.

Did you see a good bit of distance improvement and/or accuracy in the P790'?

41 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Did you see a good bit of distance improvement and/or accuracy in the P790'?

I currently play the f7 one lengths. So over my current clubs I def saw more improvement in distance. Then when we got the shaft dialed in I was a lot more consistent as well. I will add that my f7s were off the rack without a fitting so I was expecting to see improvements. 

I also had better spin, further distance and less dispersion with the p790 vs the others that I tested. 

• Like 1

Thanks, very helpful.  I see you list an Evnroll putter in your bag.  The YouTube videos posted by MGSpy are excellent and interesting if you don’t know the back-story.

Bad news. I’m in love and I can’t do anything about it until next winter. I saw this refinish and think it looks great. IMG_0381.JPG

• Like 1

Bad news. I’m in love and I can’t do anything about it until next winter. I saw this refinish and think it looks great. IMG_0381.thumb.JPG.a010af7590d280b4c119239f703ee078.JPG

Does look fantastic. I have a putter out to him right now to get his DLC finish. He does great work.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, patrickleeleep said:

I currently play the f7 one lengths. So over my current clubs I def saw more improvement in distance. Then when we got the shaft dialed in I was a lot more consistent as well. I will add that my f7s were off the rack without a fitting so I was expecting to see improvements. 

I also had better spin, further distance and less dispersion with the p790 vs the others that I tested. 

I just got some p790’s a few months ago, and I’m starting to get dialed in with them. I went from a SF110 xstiff in some AP2’s, to a recoil 760 f3 regular with smacwrap. So, there was a bit of an adjustment between them. I thought the ap2’s were soft, but re-wrote that book with the p790’s. Can’t say they’re much longer tho. But they sure feel good, and have such a majestic flight...

went to a Callaway demo day yesterday just to hit the “flash” 3-wood vs my 816 alpha. It was basically 3-4 yards longer. Definately not enough to spend serious money on. 

Then some young fellah comes up and starts yanking that 3-wood 270-280 carry! I was just shaking my head... I wondered how far I could have hit these things 40 years ago when I was young, thin, and strong....

• Like 1

Does look fantastic. I have a putter out to him right now to get his DLC finish. He does great work.

Nice! Be sure to post it once it arrives. I wish I would have came across it two months ago. With the season about to start I don’t want to be without a putter for 8-12 weeks. Could you let us know roughly the time frame it took for you as well?

• Like 1

Nice! Be sure to post it once it arrives. I wish I would have came across it two months ago. With the season about to start I don’t want to be without a putter for 8-12 weeks. Could you let us know roughly the time frame it took for you as well?

That’s what he quoted me with too. I will say before that when I initially contacted him it was 4-6 weeks so it definitely depends on the time of the year.

I need another driver like a hole in the head, but thinking about a 12* D7 or HB Launcher for this coming season. Going fixed hosel to stop my tinkering and make me just go with it. 

I need a new(er) 3 hybrid, some wedges and I might upgrade the driver. Hybrid looking at srixon h65 or h85. Wedges haven't made up my mind not enough research plus I'm probably going to hold off on that this year. Driver, Mizuno ST 180 or Cobra F8+

Sent from my VTR-L09 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1