jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

The problem being can we ever be truly satisfied while being club ho's? 

Nope! But I’m trying to get better.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

I’m getting an iWatch4. With it’s own gps. Hole 19 should thrive on that unit.

maybe it’s time to look at all the iwatch golf apps again and see if there’s anything newer and better

Okay changed my mind, think I might be going with a Sun Mountain 4.5 LS

... Since this is a thinking about thread, I have to admit I have been thinking about P760's waaaaaaay too much. Like a homing beacon or Sirens song (C-h-i-s-a-g ... touch me ... hold me ... swing me ... hit me) I am drawn to them everytime I enter a golf store. The voice whispering in my head tells me they will be a perfect cross of my two favorite irons. The forgiveness and foam filled distance of my P790's with the look and feel of my Cobra Forged Tours. Will they improve my game or lower my scores? Nope. Thankfully they are $1300 which is $100 less than I paid for my first new car, so until there is a bargain on Ebay or a store deal on a new set I will continue to just be thinking about them.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Since this is a thinking about thread, I have to admit I have been thinking about P760's waaaaaaay too much. Like a homing beacon or Sirens song (C-h-i-s-a-g ... touch me ... hold me ... swing me ... hit me) I am drawn to them everytime I enter a golf store. The voice whispering in my head tells me they will be a perfect cross of my two favorite irons. The forgiveness and foam filled distance of my P790's with the look and feel of my Cobra Forged Tours. Will they improve my game or lower my scores? Nope. Thankfully they are $1300 which is $100 less than I paid for my first new car, so until there is a bargain on Ebay or a store deal on a new set I will continue to just be thinking about them.  

Trade in those 790's and Cobra's and you're probably halfway there!  😉  
Imagine how nice it will be to drop it 6 feet from the pin from 210 with those 760's !!
I can see 🐦 's and 🦅's aplenty!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Imagine how nice it will be to drop it 6 feet from the pin from 210 with those 760's !!

And 2 weeks later Stroker receives his first commissions check from TMag

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I hit them in my fitting for irons. Not bad. Performed well, not as soft as my MP-18 SCs, but overall, pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 11:46 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

... You should be getting a commission check in the mail. I have been throwing out super low bids on eBay  and losing by $200-400. Somebody was sleeping today as one of my low bids won. So I should be playing P790s sometime next week. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

A new flat stick. Gonna go roll some on Saturday at the shop and see how I get along with them. Maybe something with a little more toe hang. Really intrigued by the stroke labs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2019 at 4:38 PM, yungkory said:

A new flat stick. Gonna go roll some on Saturday at the shop and see how I get along with them. Maybe something with a little more toe hang. Really intrigued by the stroke labs

...  I have been trying to play a Newport 2.5 with a decent amount of toe hang but should have known I am a blade putter for life, it's all I have ever used and I don't know why I try new ones every 5 years or so. Back to my Bobby Grace 6330. Good luck in your search! 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Really intrigued by the stroke labs

I put a Stroke Labs Seven S into play last week.  So far, I'm liking it.  Feels very well balanced and comfortable in my hands.  Too early to say if it's helping my stroke or not.  It's definitely not any worse than the Spider I played previously...they both have the same toe hang, but the Odyssey does feel a bit better during the stroke, but that may be wishful thinking, too 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

...  I have been trying to play a Newport 2.5 with a decent amount of toe change but should have known I am a blade putter for life, it's all I have ever used and I don't know why I try new ones every 5 years or so. Back to my Bobby Grace 6330. Good luck in your search! 

I've just been missing EVERYTHING left lately. Even short putts. It's mildly infuriating -- if it's possible to be mildly angry and pissed off at the same time?) Just feels like I need a change in feel every once in a while? I want to go down half an inch, or maybe even a full inch to 32" as well. Been toying around with choking down on my putter and it feels pretty nice in terms of posture and feeling of alignment and stuff, but absolutely horrible in terms of putter balance.

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I put a Stroke Labs Seven S into play last week.  So far, I'm liking it.  Feels very well balanced and comfortable in my hands.  Too early to say if it's helping my stroke or not.  It's definitely not any worse than the Spider I played previously...they both have the same toe hang, but the Odyssey does feel a bit better during the stroke, but that may be wishful thinking, too 🙂

I had to do some work at a course who's a client of ours and was taking some phantom strokes with a Stroke Lab #1 and it felt really nice, but they only had 35" models. Hopefully the shop has some 33" versions of the One, Three, and Double-wide flow I wanna roll um!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I've just been missing EVERYTHING left lately. Even short putts. It's mildly infuriating -- if it's possible to be mildly angry and pissed off at the same time?) Just feels like I need a change in feel every once in a while? I want to go down half an inch, or maybe even a full inch to 32" as well. Been toying around with choking down on my putter and it feels pretty nice in terms of posture and feeling of alignment and stuff, but absolutely horrible in terms of putter balance.

... Balance is of the utmost importance imo. An unbalanced putter will wander off its line, especially going back. If it has great balance you can just let it hang and swing it back and forth. Unless you are technical and use a straight back straight thru stroke.  I put lead tape on the sole of my Bobby Grace many years ago to get the right balance.

1798033736_BGsole.jpg.e0336a41d953db585ac5716d1ca100eb.jpg1347502835_BGhead.jpg.6078017ee9f8c4183f91c2e0031feb33.jpg

• Like 3

OK, I have to put new irons on the back burner for a bit until I can get a more glaring issue resolved. Playing yesterday, it became overly obvious that I have a definite gap issue near the top of my bag, and it's killing me. Has been for some time now, but it was a painful exercise every time I faced with an approach shot in the range of  170-190. This should be covered with my 4-iron. But I must have some stupid mental block with that damn thing and couldn't hit it to save my a**!!!! Gotta get a hybrid, cross-over iron or maybe even a 7-w working, cuz that range is just no joy for me...😩

• Like 1

OK, I have to put new irons on the back burner for a bit until I can get a more glaring issue resolved. Playing yesterday, it became overly obvious that I have a definite gap issue near the top of my bag, and it's killing me. Has been for some time now, but it was a painful exercise every time I faced with an approach shot in the range of  170-190. This should be covered with my 4-iron. But I must have some stupid mental block with that damn thing and couldn't hit it to save my a**!!!! Gotta get a hybrid, cross-over iron or maybe even a 7-w working, cuz that range is just no joy for me...

Since you are a Ping man I would suggest a Ping G 4 hybrid. Very sweet and solid as a rock!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Just now, ole gray said:

Since you are a Ping man I would suggest a Ping G 4 hybrid. Very sweet and solid as a rock! emoji378.png

I'll be looking at it for sure, thanks OG!!!

• Like 1

Can’t get the arm lock putter out of my head. Gonna build a DIY version just to see if it works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

OK, I have to put new irons on the back burner for a bit until I can get a more glaring issue resolved. Playing yesterday, it became overly obvious that I have a definite gap issue near the top of my bag, and it's killing me. Has been for some time now, but it was a painful exercise every time I faced with an approach shot in the range of  170-190. This should be covered with my 4-iron. But I must have some stupid mental block with that damn thing and couldn't hit it to save my a**!!!! Gotta get a hybrid, cross-over iron or maybe even a 7-w working, cuz that range is just no joy for me...

I had the same issue last year. I struggled so bad when it came to the use of my 4i that I was afraid to even touch it. I tried and tried and tried to work the kinks out on the range. When it came to using it in the course it was a lost cause. Finally I sucked it up and looked at going with a hybrid and got hooked on the Callaway Rogue 4H and WOW! Easily my best club in the bag for sure.

• Love 1