jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Just saw that the CBX wedges dropped to $99. Still want to get one of those in 54* in my bag.

7 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Just saw that the CBX wedges dropped to $99. Still want to get one of those in 54* in my bag.

You won't regret it.  Best wedge I  have ever gamed!

• Like 1

Original One!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Just a few Ping G410 things 😀

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Just a few Ping G410 things 😀

I'm thinking about 3 Ping things as well...

Did you get a fitting lined up?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I'm thinking about 3 Ping things as well...

Did you get a fitting lined up?

Not yet! I've just been looking around the Ping site to see what the options are. I'll be armed with knowledge when the fitting does happen!

• Like 2

I’m torn between a tour length f9 or a g410. Worst is nowhere near me has the shaft combos I’d want to try. Very much going to end up being an impulse purchase. Just not sure which way to go yet haha

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Still working on final decision regarding driver.  I only know it WILL be a Ping and 12º.  The G410-Plus has, so far, given me excellent  results during a demo days try out, but I will also Look at the other G410SFT as an option, though there is no savings in price.

I have also, mainly for price decision, taken a look at the G400Max & G400SFT. The big consideration here is that the G400Max would have a 10.5º face, though the setting of the shaft would get me to 12º.  With the G400SFT it comes with a 12º setting.  The main reason for looking at these options is a savings of over $200 compared to Ping's newer toys... nothing to be sneezed at!

I will be trying all four more than a few times using a Top Tracer and I will note as well how comfortable I am with each club. I will be using a Soft Regular shaft, and here, the G410 employs a newer shaft that I just love. The G400 soft regular shaft is not bad, I just got more yards with the newer model. I will also try them out vs the Ping G5 12º I have been using for almost two years. That club usually gives me a bit more draw than I would like although distance is OK.  I will have my coach look at things as I narrow the choices down.

No rush, but I want to be able to make a choice by the end of summer.

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 1

Rangefinders!

Got a heck of a deal on an NX7 Pro w/slope from the bay a few weeks back. It's gotta be the best bang for the buck. Curious to see the results from the testing.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Still working on final decision regarding driver.  I only know it WILL be a Ping and 12º.  The G410-Plus has, so far, given me excellent  results during a demo days try out, but I will also Look at the other G410SFT as an option, though there is no savings in price.

I have also, mainly for price decision, taken a look at the G400Max & G400SFT. The big consideration here is that the G400Max would have a 10.5º face, though the setting of the shaft would get me to 12º.  With the G400SFT it comes with a 12º setting.  The main reason for looking at these options is a savings of over $200 compared to Ping's newer toys... nothing to be sneezed at!

I will be trying all four more than a few times using a Top Tracer and I will note as well how comfortable I am with each club. I will be using a Soft Regular shaft, and here, the G410 employs a newer shaft that I just love. The G400 soft regular shaft is not bad, I just got more yards with the newer model. I will also try them out vs the Ping G5 12º I have been using for almost two years. That club usually gives me a bit more draw than I would like although distance is OK.  I will have my coach look at things as I narrow the choices down.

No rush, but I want to be able to make a choice by the end of summer.

FYI  - Stage 2 for the 410 (In my case the 410 SFT) will be up the beginning of next week. 

• Like 4

I’m intrigued to try a one length hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/15/2019 at 9:29 AM, mr.hicksta said:

Rangefinders!

More specifically the Bushnell Pro XE now 😉

Nothing too exciting, but after my recent trip to Florida and getting our round cut short due to crazy rain and storms, a golf umbrella is on the list. Not that it would have made much of a difference last week (had to come in because of lightning) but would have been nice to be a littler dryer.

Got another outing in 2 weeks and rains every year. Want to be prepared this time!

• Like 1

Just when I thought the bag was locked in 

Screenshot_20190520-202604.thumb.png.e567a0a2367cb6d0a8bfe65e32ed2a9e.png

• Like 9

Just when I thought the bag was locked in 
img]<a href=https://forum.mygolfspy.com/uploads/monthly_2019_05/Screenshot_20190520-202604.thumb.png.e567a0a2367cb6d0a8bfe65e32ed2a9e.png' alt='Screenshot_20190520-202604.thumb.png.e567a0a2367cb6d0a8bfe65e32ed2a9e.png'>

Congratulations jlukes7....you are about to drop $2,000 at your free fitting!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Think it’s time to kick the epic outta the bag. For me it’s just a turd

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Congratulations jlukes7....you are about to drop $2,000 at your free fitting!

The good thing is there's no pressure to buy and I'll be bringing all my current clubs for comparison sake. 

• Like 2

The good thing is there's no pressure to buy and I'll be bringing all my current clubs for comparison sake. 

You are in a good position going into this. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thinking about a deep faced 3w. I struggle with a driver and my current 3w.  Just never loved my 3w. I tee off with my Alpha hi cor 5w and hit it from 215-235.  Im fine with that until the pars reach 390 and more.