jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

On the brink of literally selling all of my golf stuff. Infertility/health insurance is a ******. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thinking about trying to chip and putt shortly...perhaps this weekend

Ease into it, don’t rush it, Chip & putt great start.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Ease into it, don’t rush it, Chip & putt great start.

Already talked with PT therapist about it.  He's good with me starting chipping and putting and easing into half swings next week and see how things progress and go from there.  Doing mock full swings with a cane in therapy sessions without issues.  Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel 🙂 

• Like 2

Already talked with PT therapist about it.  He's good with me starting chipping and putting and easing into half swings next week and see how things progress and go from there.  Doing mock full swings with a cane in therapy sessions without issues.  Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel  

That’s great! You’ll be out and about in no time. PT is a beautiful thing.
I found out that I cannot hit off mats yesterday, I was trying out some irons and my shoulder was getting sore.

• Like 3

I hate hitting off of mats.  Besides getting away with fat shots, it sends bad juju up the arms 🙂

• Like 2

I hate hitting off of mats.  Besides getting away with fat shots, it sends bad juju up the arms

I hate mats also but I was trying out Rogue & Mizuno irons. The golf shop has 2 bays with mats. They are letting me take a 7 iron out Monday when I play, I refuse to hit of the mats.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Thinking about putting my hybrid back in the bag. At the beginning of every season I swear that I’m finally going to learn to hit that thing straight. Then a few weeks later I toss it into the back of my closet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was that way with the 3h I had. Moments of brilliance followed up by a crap show. I finally gave up on it and gave in to age and got an old-guy 7w to fill its gap and what a club!!! If you are OK with fairway woods, maybe seek a gap filler there?

26 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I was that way with the 3h I had. Moments of brilliance followed up by a crap show. I finally gave up on it and gave in to age and got an old-guy 7w to fill its gap and what a club!!! If you are OK with fairway woods, maybe seek a gap filler there?

Yeah I mostly use my Heavenwood in those distances. Figured if I could finally get comfortable with a hybrid I could consider picking up a 5h. 

• Like 1

I can’t wait to see the TS hybrids in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have been reading a few reviews on the Garmin G80. Wow! Mini launch monitor and a GPS. Normally a rangefinder guy but that thing looks fun!

Though I desperately want new irons, I putzed around with a couple of new PING putters today at the Pro Shop. One a Tyne and the other a Valor...like the Valor...A LOT! Definitely have something like it on my radar...

• Like 1

Though I desperately want new irons, I putzed around with a couple of new PING putters today at the Pro Shop. One a Tyne and the other a Valor...like the Valor...A LOT! Definitely have something like it on my radar...

A PING?! You!!? Never woulda guessed it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OK Guys need your opinion. Looking at brand new Callaway Rogue, LH, 5i thru SW, Aldila graphite shafts, Winn mid size grips shipped for $740.00.
Dragging my feet to pulling the trigger.

I hit the Rogue when doing my Club Champion fitting.  While it didn't fit the bill for what I was seeking, it was a solid feeling iron.  I ended up going with the Apex CF19 irons 6i-AW, KBS graphite shafts.  I don't think you'd be unhappy with the Rogue irons (assuming you've hit them and like the feel and look of them).

• Like 2

I hit the Rogue when doing my Club Champion fitting.  While it didn't fit the bill for what I was seeking, it was a solid feeling iron.  I ended up going with the Apex CF19 irons 6i-AW, KBS graphite shafts.  I don't think you'd be unhappy with the Rogue irons (assuming you've hit them and like the feel and look of them).

I’m taking a Rogue and a Rogue X 7 irons out with me Monday & Tuesday so giving them a try on GRASS. No mats.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I’m taking a Rogue and a Rogue X 7 irons out with me Monday & Tuesday so giving them a try on GRASS. No mats.

Take yer time Rick. Swing true and get the sense of cutting daisy's off the stem. If one feels better than the other...go for it. "trust your feelings..."

• Like 1

Take yer time Rick. Swing true and get the sense of cutting daisy's off the stem. If one feels better than the other...go for it. "trust your feelings..."
[/url]  

Got my eye on that Ping 410 driver, oh boy

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hogan driver and 4w and 56 and 60 wedges.

• Like 1

Got some disappointing news this afternoon. Went to the golf sho to pick up the Rogue & Rogue X 7 irons to Demo and they were not there. Callaway recalled all the Rogue Demo and had to send them back Friday, bummer.
Wanted to really try them.
I did get a Cobra F9 & Ping G410 irons to Demo, see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2