jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Well now I don’t know what to do. Mizuno doesn’t offer the atmos is a 7x and I don’t really wanna spend 500 on a driver just to have to spend another $300 on the correct shaft

Dang, that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You should check these out.  I have one and it's great.  Fits in the cup holder of the cart. 

80A8E3FC-D940-4DBC-863F-A9848A31653F.thumb.jpeg.074f4823309300c3c427a887ae54c8e9.jpeg

Pulled the trigger and ordered one. It'll be here Thursday. Thanks for sharing this one.

Tazz
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Dang, that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea, I’m tempted to order the 7s and have them tip it a inch. On Fuji’s website they said that would make it play like a X

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/21/2016 at 11:04 PM, ole gray said:

Yep. Ya'll have me convinced for sureemoji1303.pngemoji959.png. It will be at the first if 2017 before I do it but it's on my list now.

Just browsing through this thread and I noticed in your WITB you were able to pick up the Steelhead XR #5 hybrid I recommended you try over in the Cleveland HB thread. How is it working out for you?

Hope all is well...

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 2

Gosh, what am I not thinking about? 😂 I think a putter fitting is next up for me, but I think the next few years is going to be a slow phase of fittings and upgrades.

Actually, I think it's time I really commit to a specific ball instead of the ball roulette tactic I usually employ.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Just browsing through this thread and I noticed in your WITB you were able to pick up the Steelhead XR #5 hybrid I recommended you try over in the Cleveland HB thread. How is it working out for you?

Hope all is well...

I'm loving it and thanks for recommending it!  It's a frigging rocket launcher for sure 🚀💣

• Like 1

Thinking about picking up a set of 919 Forged or p790. Everything else in my bag is different this year....so why not!

• Like 3

G410 top of the bag. Nothing earth shattering over what I have but g410 lst could take g400 out of bag for the new and shiny.

19 hybo and May need to tinker more with fw and hybo to get proper gapping 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

G410 top of the bag. Nothing earth shattering over what I have but g410 lst could take g400 out of bag for the new and shiny.

19 hybo and May need to tinker more with fw and hybo to get proper gapping 

g410 line is legit. Once the Ping Long Gap Testing gets up and running, I bet that'll answer a lot of your questions, but the adjustability with the fairways and hybrids should make it pretty easy to figure out your gapping. But all are solid.

• Like 3

Thinking about picking up a set of 919 Forged or p790. Everything else in my bag is different this year....so why not!

Mizuno anything is usually a great pickup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Mizuno anything is usually a great pickup.

That's my thought. Loved the feeling of the 919 Forged, but they're weaker lofts than my CF16 by about a degree, but I'm thinking about ordering a set and just having them bent 1 degree stronger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

g410 line is legit. Once the Ping Long Gap Testing gets up and running, I bet that'll answer a lot of your questions, but the adjustability with the fairways and hybrids should make it pretty easy to figure out your gapping. But all are solid.

It’s just a matter of whether i want a fw in the bag or not. 19* hybo gets me where I want to be and the adjustability gives me som wiggle room. The fw is a matter of loft and shaft length. Based on my g400 fitting last year 5w with 3w shaft got a number I was looking for so wondering if the g410 version can do the same and how it compares to the ts2

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:23 PM, BigtazzGolf said:

Pulled the trigger and ordered one. It'll be here Thursday. Thanks for sharing this one.

Tazz

Cool let me know what you think. I actually use mine at my desk more than in the golf cart.  Ha 

• Like 1

Well I’m good on irons and wedges since I have the 919 tours and s18 wedges coming my way so I guess now I’m wanting a new 3 wood and also wondering if I should put the Aldila rogue silver in the driver or get an atmos black tour spec?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, LoganT said:

wondering if I should put the Aldila rogue silver in the driver or get an atmos black tour spec?

Which one do you hit better?

• Like 1

I hit them both really good. I have the rogue in an old driver head at home already so I’m thinking about pulling it and putting it in my newer driver head

... Fwiw, I am about to list an Atmos Black TS stiff flex in the classified. Atmos Blue TS is a better fit for me, but I had to find out. 🤪

• Like 2

... Fwiw, I am about to list an Atmos Black TS stiff flex in the classified. Atmos Blue TS is a better fit for me, but I had to find out. 🤪

The mizuno shaft optimizer at my fitting recommended the 7x but my fitter only had the 6s tipped 3/4” in his personal driver on hand. He let me hit some shots with his driver and said that it would play pretty close to the x but lighter.

9 minutes ago, LoganT said:

The mizuno shaft optimizer at my fitting recommended the 7x but my fitter only had the 6s tipped 3/4” in his personal driver on hand. He let me hit some shots with his driver and said that it would play pretty close to the x but lighter.

... Depending on how you swing I am not sure I would agree with that. There is usually a difference in trajectory and spin going from 7's to 6's in most shafts, not to mention the extra weight is usually better for stronger players. For me of course it is the opposite as a smooth swinger, usually going to a 7 does not provide enough trajectory or spin. It was hard to find the Atmos Black TS 6 but out in Phoenix over the winter I wanted to see if a slightly lower trajectory with a little less spin would give me more distance and the Atmos Black is an outstanding shaft but just too strong for me and I felt I had to work too hard compared to my Atmos Blue TS. 

• Like 1

Going back to stiff shafts in my irons. When I played the C-Taper Lite stiff in my Hogan’s last year my dispersion was way better than it’s been all this season after building my KZG’s wit DG R300’s.

I’m gonna pull out the old Macgregor CB-92 iron heads I played a few years ago and put some stiff shafts in them. Not sure what I’m going to go with. Maybe the KBS Tour 90. Still undecided.

I did decide to make the Mac’s a combo set though. 3-6 irons in the CB-92’s and the 7-PW in the VIP’s. Just snagged these NOS heads and am eagerly awaiting their arrival.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3