jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

OK, OK...Love my B60 putter and with the GP SNSR grip I just put on it, but damn...the Pro Shop I frequent has a new PING Sigma 2 Fetch that just feels like a dream! It just sits so nice and the face is just so creamy when the ball is struck...On the top of my B-day wish list for sure!

• Like 6

Get the glider from sm. Such an easy bag to haul around

I got the Last Bag earlier this year and used it on a trip to FL. I was really happy with it but a part of me still wishes I went with the SM Glider.

I will say a big reason why I didn’t go with the SM is that this brand is exempted from any discounts/sales/coupons at GG. I had gift cards there and with a coupon I saved over $50 by going with the Last Bag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Been constantly putting off my purchase of a new wedge to complete my bag (for now). Plan is to go with a 60* and have been considering the MD4 or possibly the new PM model. Possibly time to updated my 56* as well.
My irons and hybrid are Callaways but I do like to mix it up if needed.
Been debating with going the route of the Ping Glide 2.0 since they are now discounted practically everywhere.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:26 PM, Rickp said:

OK Guys need your opinion. Looking at brand new Callaway Rogue, LH, 5i thru SW, Aldila graphite shafts, Winn mid size grips shipped for $740.00.
Dragging my feet to pulling the trigger.

I haven't read further, so I don't know if you've decided to buy yet.

My question is, why the Rogues if you have the G400's? 

Here's why I'm asking. I'm in my mid 60's. I felt like I wasn't getting everything I should out of my Apex irons. I tried the Steelhead XRs, and they were good (the hybrids were great), but to me there are so many sets out there like that. The M series, the G's, and Rogues. I never considered the Rogue X. I thought it was the last thing I wanted. Then a 8 hcp won the net division at our club championship playing them. He finally convinced me to go demo a 7 iron.

I'm a lefty like you are so I know how hard it is to try different clubs. Well these blew me away. They felt soft as the Apex, and were a club longer then the Steelheads and Rogues. I call them PING G's on steroids. Just as forgiving, but long. Really long. But hears the best part. As the set gets to the PW and GW, its not as long. in fact, I didn't buy the 51* GW, the shaft was the same length as my 54* MD3, and the 54 went further. Probably the spin? I'm not that smart to tell you why, but I will tell you I love this set of irons.

I'm actually thinking of adding the 5 iron (I went 6-AW) because the 6 is so easy to hit. My set up now is 3,4,5 hybrid, 6-AW. then 52, 58. The 52 has also opened my eyes. its way better on full swings then my old 54. I'm now thinking of going full time to a 52, 56 setup.

At my level a 58 0r 60 aren't really helping, in fact they hurt more then anything because I get too "creative" for my skill set with them. The 56 is great on full (75-80) and bunker shots, and the 52 gives me a 90ish  club, which has always been a need.

Long story short, at least give the X's a try.

• Like 1

I haven't read further, so I don't know if you've decided to buy yet.
My question is, why the Rogues if you have the G400's? 
Here's why I'm asking. I'm in my mid 60's. I felt like I wasn't getting everything I should out of my Apex irons. I tried the Steelhead XRs, and they were good (the hybrids were great), but to me there are so many sets out there like that. The M series, the G's, and Rogues. I never considered the Rogue X. I thought it was the last thing I wanted. Then a 8 hcp won the net division at our club championship playing them. He finally convinced me to go demo a 7 iron.
I'm a lefty like you are so I know how hard it is to try different clubs. Well these blew me away. They felt soft as the Apex, and were a club longer then the Steelheads and Rogues. I call them PING G's on steroids. Just as forgiving, but long. Really long. But hears the best part. As the set gets to the PW and GW, its not as long. in fact, I didn't buy the 51* GW, the shaft was the same length as my 54* MD3, and the 54 went further. Probably the spin? I'm not that smart to tell you why, but I will tell you I love this set of irons.
I'm actually thinking of adding the 5 iron (I went 6-AW) because the 6 is so easy to hit. My set up now is 3,4,5 hybrid, 6-AW. then 52, 58. The 52 has also opened my eyes. its way better on full swings then my old 54. I'm now thinking of going full time to a 52, 56 setup.
At my level a 58 0r 60 aren't really helping, in fact they hurt more then anything because I get too "creative" for my skill set with them. The 56 is great on full (75-80) and bunker shots, and the 52 gives me a 90ish  club, which has always been a need.
Long story short, at least give the X's a try.

I passed on the Rogues. I did demo the Rogue X and there was something about the setup or headsize or maybe too light but passed on those also. I ended up with the Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal, not the longest of the bunch but the straightest and best height.
My reason for moving on from the G400 was the Senior shaft, they put me with the stock Ping Senior shaft and could never get comfortable with them. I just bought new with regular shafts instead of a reshaft with the Pings.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I passed on the Rogues. I did demo the Rogue X and there was something about the setup or headsize or maybe too light but passed on those also. I ended up with the Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal, not the longest of the bunch but the straightest and best height.
My reason for moving on from the G400 was the Senior shaft, they put me with the stock Ping Senior shaft and could never get comfortable with them. I just bought new with regular shafts instead of a reshaft with the Pings.

Congratulations!!! That is a beautiful set of irons! Damn Mizuno's always look so good in the bag, they make you want to play well!!! Hit 'em long and straight, I hope you enjoy them for a long time...

Btw funny thing about certain companies and their fittings. A few years ago a PING rep fit me into a senior flex with the G30's. My friends were hysterical watching me hit 25 yard hooks for two months. When I was buying the Apex (reg flex graphite) right after I returned the G30s, I also demoed the Mizuno jpx 850s. Their shaft optimizer wanted me to play a 130g stiff steel shaft. Thank goodness I got to demo it. Lets just say it was a bridge too far...

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

To answer the topic question: 

all of it. 

True that!
Except War Department looks at my Visa occasionally.

• Like 2

OK, OK...Love my B60 putter and with the GP SNSR grip I just put on it, but damn...the Pro Shop I frequent has a new PING Sigma 2 Fetch that just feels like a dream! It just sits so nice and the face is just so creamy when the ball is struck...On the top of my B-day wish list for sure!

I mean....it IS a Ping. Kinda feel like it’s just meant to have a spot in your bag!

• Like 1

Thinking about what bag to pick up for my son. He's decided on using my D200s instead of the US Kids 63 set his pro let him borrow to try out. After seeing him hit the D200 7i & 9i out on the range, I agree they're the better fit. But they're not going to fit in his Cobra bag, along with the longer driver he'll be using. So I'll need something on the lighter side he can carry around and not too expensive because I'm sure he'll grow out of THAT bag by next season 🤣

• Like 2

20 hours ago, russtopherb said:

So I'll need something on the lighter side he can carry around and not too expensive because I'm sure he'll grow out of THAT bag by next season 🤣

Having the kiddos growing outta clothes is expensive enough, golf equipment too I can't say I'm jealous!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 5:29 AM, russtopherb said:

Thinking about what bag to pick up for my son. He's decided on using my D200s instead of the US Kids 63 set his pro let him borrow to try out. After seeing him hit the D200 7i & 9i out on the range, I agree they're the better fit. But they're not going to fit in his Cobra bag, along with the longer driver he'll be using. So I'll need something on the lighter side he can carry around and not too expensive because I'm sure he'll grow out of THAT bag by next season 🤣

Get a standard size bag and put newspaper in the bottom? That's what I used before I grew tall enough when junior sets weren't a thing.

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

Get a standard size bag and put newspaper in the bottom? That's what I used before I grew tall enough when junior sets weren't a thing.

We put the new clubs in his Cobra bag, the irons aren't so bad, the driver is a bit long for it but it'll work for the rest of the season thankfully 👍

• Like 3

G410 with a AD IZ or AD VR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

G410 with a AD IZ or AD VR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooooo! That sounds NICE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I ran by Dicks today and hit a few shots in the bay with with the regular and max TA Atomic Irons.   I was impressed to say the least as they felt solid.   Forged head and wider bounce makes these fun clubs to hit.   The regular are longer than my recently picked up Cobra F- Max irons by a several yards and the Max are freaking cannons!    Yea I left DSG today thinking about these puppies.   Don't overlook these irons just because they are not famous as the big boys.  

• Like 4

Trying out Cobra F9 Driver tomorrow morning. Brand new LH Demo club

• Like 3

Trying out Cobra F9 Driver tomorrow morning. Brand new LH Demo club

Cobra F9 Driver is very nice, easily adjustable. Unfortunately is is same length as current Ping G driver. Not ready for a $500 expenditure for same performance.

• Like 2

I just traded off my g410+ driver for an epic flash sub zero. I hit a buddies flash sz and was easily 10 yards longer and straighter. I attempted to buy his but he was having none of that.

• Like 5

Cobra F9 Driver is very nice, easily adjustable. Unfortunately is is same length as current Ping G driver. Not ready for a $500 expenditure for same performance.

Have a LH Ping G410 Driver to Demo tomorrow. Let’s see how this performs, better than the G, we’ll see.

• Like 2