jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

After today's 40-putt fiasco, a new putter is in the forefront. Just something different to look at or feel. Its gotta be better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

After today's 40-putt fiasco, a new putter is in the forefront. Just something different to look at or feel. Its gotta be better.

I went to a heavier putter and my average putts per round dropped by 4.6. The make percentage of 6-12’ putts improved 35%

Eagerly awaiting the Glide 3.0 for a 50 traditional head and a 58 eye 2 head.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Eagerly awaiting the Glide 3.0 for a 50 traditional head and a 58 eye 2 head.

Saw on Golfnation’s Instagram yesterday next to a Glide Forged said “can’t wait to show us”... I am hoping it’s a few different bounce options or a stealth Gilde Forged...

But he is a Mizuno guy so maybe the “T” model wedge instead...?
  • Like 1

Saw on Golfnation’s Instagram yesterday next to a Glide Forged said “can’t wait to show us”... I am hoping it’s a few different bounce options or a stealth Gilde Forged...

But he is a Mizuno guy so maybe the “T” model wedge instead...?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it a few months after launch.

Even better...A murdered out eye2

On 7/12/2019 at 7:18 PM, yungkory said:

Live look at @yungkory's Evnroll 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2a2e53727059676b2190fd&rid=giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

ACCRA TZ5 75 M4 and TZ5 95H M4 x 2, all in custom colors 😎

• Like 1

Cobra F8 hybrid (4 or 5) in near future.

TEE CBX119 3 wood...can't stop thinking about it.

• Like 3

the  new spider's are pretty slick...

Played my first round with mine today and got on pretty well with it. 32 putts which is 1 less than my average and 8 less than last week. Yeah, I'm not a very good putter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Played my first round with mine today and got on pretty well with it. 32 putts which is 1 less than my average and 8 less than last week. Yeah, I'm not a very good putter.

Sort of off topic but have you ever thought of grip change? Maybe trying left had low or claw? I struggled for years (and I"m still not great) but going left hand low helped me out a lot

Sort of off topic but have you ever thought of grip change? Maybe trying left had low or claw? I struggled for years (and I"m still not great) but going left hand low helped me out a lot

Played LHL for a while, struggle with long putts like that for some reason. My biggest struggle is alignment moreso than stroke. I lipped a couple today so the potential to be sub-30 putts is there I think!

• Like 1

Played LHL for a while, struggle with long putts like that for some reason. My biggest struggle is alignment moreso than stroke. I lipped a couple today so the potential to be sub-30 putts is there I think!

Why do you think alignment vs. stroke? Left and right misses and not short/long?

4 hours ago, Hamachi Style said:

Did you get one of the new Minis? Copper or Navy?

Sorry, didn't see your question. The standard size, slant neck, in navy.

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Why do you think alignment vs. stroke? Left and right misses and not short/long?

Mostly because of working with my Puttout mirror on Saturday. Without it, I was lining up way open to target with my shoulders and feet, about 5" inside of the ball with my eyes, and generally feel "weird" over the ball at times. It's the same on tee boxes when they aren't lined up nicely with the fairway, I double-cross myself if I don't really take the time to work out my alignment. When it's straight, I kind of just step up there and let it fly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Sorry, didn't see your question. The standard size, slant neck, in navy.

Mostly because of working with my Puttout mirror on Saturday. Without it, I was lining up way open to target with my shoulders and feet, about 5" inside of the ball with my eyes, and generally feel "weird" over the ball at times. It's the same on tee boxes when they aren't lined up nicely with the fairway, I double-cross myself if I don't really take the time to work out my alignment. When it's straight, I kind of just step up there and let it fly.

... Yup, putting is just so personal. I have always putted with an open stance and open shoulders, as well as my eyes being about 2" inside the line. Many really good putters do have their eyes inside the line by 1 or 2 inches, especially those with a gate stroke. 5" is pretty extreme. But just like the emu in the Liberty Mutual commercials, you'll figure it out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Yup, putting is just so personal. I have always putted with an open stance and open shoulders, as well as my eyes being about 2" inside the line. Many really good putters do have their eyes inside the line by 1 or 2 inches, especially those with a gate stroke. 5" is pretty extreme. But just like the emu in the Liberty Mutual commercials, you'll figure it out. 

Yeah, 1" feels like I can see the line. I know a lot of great putters setup open to target. I'm not trying to have the "perfect" setup that works for a majority of people -- similar to those coaches that teach the "perfect" swing -- but being that far off couldn't have been helping. I found that once I got an inch or so inside, I was holing a lot more putts. More practice needed for sure, but I like that the navy spider isn't reflective so I don't have to wear sunglasses to keep my eyes from getting destroyed.

• Like 1

I’ve got 13 clubs in the bag right now and the only gap is between my 49* PW and 56* sand wedge. Looking at gap wedges but am looking for something that blends nicely with my Macgregor’s. Thinking a 52* or 53* gap wedge but with low bounce. Maybe an old 588 to keep the bag late 80’s early 90’s accurate.

Although a set of 53* and 57* Yururi JDM wedges on eBay really caught my eye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Picked up my prowler vt irons after getting the lofts and lies checked and had some time to waste while the wife was fake baking. The golf store had a Cameron Phantom X 5.5 sitting against the wall so I grabbed it. This was the first time I messed with it seriously other than just a quick look over. It felt amazing and looked absolutely stunning. The flow style neck fit my stroke perfect and if the price tag wasn’t $429 I would have walked out with it. I will most likely be selling the custom shop 5w to help cover the cost but the 5.5 will be my putter soon.

• Like 3