jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Our Sponsors

Wedges.... So many options, and my fitter throws in how much he likes the Vega wedge! Sheesh. I gotta get some wedges that provide me more spin since our greens are rock hard, and also more forgiveness.

The Vega wedge was in most wanted testing last year and I thought they were okay.
As for spin, that is probably more technique and distance than physical wedge. Is your contact location near the bottom grooves? Amazing how much different spin rate change as contact moves up the face.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Good luck my friend. Let us know how it goes.
I vary from 340 to 360 blade to mallet. I never stay with one putter for very long.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This is so funny - I never switch putters - I had the same putter for 10 years before doing the EVNRoll test and have had the ER5 in my bag since then.

For me it's never about putter - I put well enough - it's all about my ball striking, chipping and pitching.  If I can get the ball close enough to the hole the putting takes care of itself.

• Like 3

The hard part will be finding the right putter. Trying to avoid adding tons of leadtape and most adjustable weight putters are too expensive. If this experiment ever gets started I will definitely write up my process and findings.

This type of experimentation is just a lot of fun and I find it really interesting.

I’m not sure but I think the cure putters can be adjusted for both lie and weight preferences

I’m not sure but I think the cure putters can be adjusted for both lie and weight preferences

Yes they can, but they don’t fit my stroke very well; don’t want center shafted or face balanced. Want to get a putter that works for my stroke. I really want something with lots of toe hang. Need to price out something like the Cameron California series in a poor condition. Edel might be an option since they plummet in price in the used market.

Just starting my search and brainstorming based on some discussion with a putting coach about finding the best weight putter.
  • Like 1

This is so funny - I never switch putters - I had the same putter for 10 years before doing the EVNRoll test and have had the ER5 in my bag since then.
For me it's never about putter - I put well enough - it's all about my ball striking, chipping and pitching.  If I can get the ball close enough to the hole the putting takes care of itself.

I don’t change putters much either. My putting changes are more experiments as I am a decent putter. I would probably be better served to improve ball striking but putting and putters are my passion so I tend to play in that area since i can self diagnose.
  • Like 1

Contemplating taking out my 4 iron and putting my Maltby KE4 HDI hybrids back in the bag, just to see what happens.

• Like 2

Contemplating taking out my 4 iron and putting my Maltby KE4 HDI hybrids back in the bag, just to see what happens.
The new versions are a nice upgrade. Better feel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm getting a new putter.... I've had 4 this year and am selling my current iteration now on fleabay.

I've got an all original (including grip!) Spalding TPM #9 from 1993(?) that I'm going to use for now.

I was fit for a Scotty Cameron Newport #3 in 2017 but those are still pretty pricey.

I have a "free full bag fitting" at TrueSpec on Nov 9th and maybe he'll be able to help me with a recommendation....

:exasperated:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I'm getting a new putter.... I've had 4 this year and am selling my current iteration now on fleabay.

I've got an all original (including grip!) Spalding TPM #9 from 1993(?) that I'm going to use for now.

I was fit for a Scotty Cameron Newport #3 in 2017 but those are still pretty pricey.

I have a "free full bag fitting" at TrueSpec on Nov 9th and maybe he'll be able to help me with a recommendation....

:exasperated:

If you have had 4 this year, I'm guessing a few last year as well doesn't that equal or exceed the price of the Scotty you were fit for?

Just now, THEZIPR23 said:

If you have had 4 this year, I'm guessing a few last year as well doesn't that equal or exceed the price of the Scotty you were fit for?

Nah....I've sold them and made back nearly as much as I bought them for.

The scotty is like 300 bucks.  I'm not opposed to paying that much if it will stay in the bag but I want to be sure.

• Like 2

I don’t change putters much either. My putting changes are more experiments as I am a decent putter. I would probably be better served to improve ball striking but putting and putters are my passion so I tend to play in that area since i can self diagnose.

If there was an AA group for putter users I’d join!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

The new versions are a nice upgrade. Better feel.

Don't tempt me you bastard! 🤣 I already looked and figured it would cost me about $180 for 2 heads, 2 Recoil Smac wrap shafts and have them do the shaft prep.

• Like 1

Don't tempt me you bastard!  I already looked and figured it would cost me about $180 for 2 heads, 2 Recoil Smac wrap shafts and have them do the shaft prep.
Everyone that has hit it, bought one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

Everyone that has hit it, bought one.

You're killing me!!

• Like 1

Going to see my fitter October 14th to fit for wedges, and then double-check the irons, and driver. Looking forward to it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

Saw and held the entire new cobra lineup today. Very impressive 

Any pictures of details you can share?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GC70 said:

No pictures I can share and don't want to put any real information out there, but I can confirm the return of a regular driver and a plus-like driver this year.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GC70 said:

As Jlukes said below.  Cobra has all information under embargo at this point, once it's lifted, you can count on us having all the information as soon as anybody!  

12 minutes ago, jlukes said:

No pictures I can share and don't want to put any real information out there, but I can confirm the return of a regular driver and a plus-like driver this year.

• Like 4

I’ve been talking with the Tour Rep for SeeMore again, and I was able to send him some video. He gave me a couple things to try, and we talked about switching putters. The new 100% milled M5 HT was his recommendation, so I think I’ll be buying it. Great looking putter!!!
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5