Jump to content
jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

32 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

I'm thinking about the new Titleist T400 iron set.

They've now introduced the 38º pitching wedge.

My old seven irons were set at 40º.

This is what comes of hiring engineers without  drug testing them.

 

Maybe you can start a thread called "Nifty's Good Ole Days" and just post all your rants in one place? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Maybe you can start a thread called "Nifty's Good Ole Days" and just post all your rants in one place? 

If I had the time or desire, I'd do it for him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To answer the OP question........

NONE! for the first time in a decades I am 'almost' content with my bag from a playing perspective.

 

 

Caveat is if something very sexy or more consistent came along it would be rude not to try it 😉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at utility irons to potentially replace my hybrid and maybe 5 iron. Mizuno MP20 HMB or MP18 FliHi if I can try one in the loft I want

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shankster said:

 

1CF642ED-27B5-4B7B-BDE9-622AC6F88CCF.gif

I think we’d be hearing reports of a robbery at the PING Vault if you found out they existed. 😜

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about the Wilson Staff D-7 Irons.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 10:15 AM, edingc said:

Extremely conflicted on whether to pull the trigger on a Mevo+ or just the Mevo... 

Mevo+ is a lot of money. I could go get fit for an entire bag of Sub70 stuff for the price. But then I look at the app and the flight simulations and I think how more useful my limited practice time would be...

I originally wanted a SkyTrak, but the "indoor only" aspect is a turn off, since I like something on the range. So I think that's out of the question for now. And the better options (GC2, namely) are too much. $2k is going to be my limit.

Have you seen anything about whether or not the Mevo+ will require metallic dots? I can’t say that I’m in the market but assuming it becomes an option I think I’d like it better than SkyTrack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Have you seen anything about whether or not the Mevo+ will require metallic dots? I can’t say that I’m in the market but assuming it becomes an option I think I’d like it better than SkyTrack.

For indoor use, the dots will still be required according to the comments on some of their Twitter posts:

image.png.fb6e833ba6899022fdee2f283b1bcda1.png

In my opinion, Flightscope has botched the release because there is literally almost no information out there about the device, but they are already taking pre-orders. To me that would be a huge leap of faith at this point. But from what I've gathered so far, from a combination of Twitter, their website and a chat with their support team:

- iPhone appears to be the only supported device at the moment. Android is for sure not supported yet, and their web chat support couldn't confirm nor deny iPad support, but if you look at the E6 sim screenshots they've posted it appears to be running on an iPad.

- Price is $1,999 and that includes a limited selection of E6 courses, but there is no subscription model. They may eventually include a subscription model for storing more videos in the FlightScope cloud. There is compatibility with other simulators but I think there will be more cost associated, same if you want more E6 courses than the default.

- Rumor on the sim forums is that the device actually does measure club path and face-to-path, but does not display those numbers. Hope would be that they would either make those available for a price in a later update, or that someone would hack the software to get those numbers.

I'm going to stick with my Swing Caddie for at least another month at this point it seems, as I'm an Android user. I'm not totally opposed to purchasing an iPad for this, but I want confirmation that everything is going to work first before I shell out $2k for the Mevo+ and $300+ for an iPad.

Of course, it'd be nice to see some demo video, the user manual, etc. before ordering as well. Really surprised after all of the teasing of the Mevo+ on Twitter that the release seems so haphazardly thrown together. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, edingc said:

For indoor use, the dots will still be required according to the comments on some of their Twitter posts:

image.png.fb6e833ba6899022fdee2f283b1bcda1.png

In my opinion, Flightscope has botched the release because there is literally almost no information out there about the device, but they are already taking pre-orders. To me that would be a huge leap of faith at this point. But from what I've gathered so far, from a combination of Twitter, their website and a chat with their support team:

- iPhone appears to be the only supported device at the moment. Android is for sure not supported yet, and their web chat support couldn't confirm nor deny iPad support, but if you look at the E6 sim screenshots they've posted it appears to be running on an iPad.

- Price is $1,999 and that includes a limited selection of E6 courses, but there is no subscription model. They may eventually include a subscription model for storing more videos in the FlightScope cloud. There is compatibility with other simulators but I think there will be more cost associated, same if you want more E6 courses than the default.

- Rumor on the sim forums is that the device actually does measure club path and face-to-path, but does not display those numbers. Hope would be that they would either make those available for a price in a later update, or that someone would hack the software to get those numbers.

I'm going to stick with my Swing Caddie for at least another month at this point it seems, as I'm an Android user. I'm not totally opposed to purchasing an iPad for this, but I want confirmation that everything is going to work first before I shell out $2k for the Mevo+ and $300+ for an iPad.

Of course, it'd be nice to see some demo video, the user manual, etc. before ordering as well. Really surprised after all of the teasing of the release on Twitter that the release seems so haphazardly thrown together. 

I'm carefully watching and keeping an eye on any developments also (and as a happy Mevo owner)...........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trial&Error said:

I'm carefully watching and keeping an eye on any developments also (and as a happy Mevo owner)...........

Curious, are you using Android or iPhone app? 

I almost bought the regular Mevo yesterday with the idea that I could revisit the Mevo+ next winter, but then I started reading reviews of the Android app and people were complaining it didn't work well at all. Scared me off.

I'm not at the point where I have everything setup for an indoor simulator anywhere, so I could get by with the Mevo for a year, easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thinking about the Wilson Staff D-7 Irons.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy


Same. I’ve been stalking the Wilson custom page every few days. Waiting for it to update.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, edingc said:

Curious, are you using Android or iPhone app? 

I almost bought the regular Mevo yesterday with the idea that I could revisit the Mevo+ next winter, but then I started reading reviews of the Android app and people were complaining it didn't work well at all. Scared me off.

I'm not at the point where I have everything setup for an indoor simulator anywhere, so I could get by with the Mevo for a year, easily.

I use Android with it, Samsung 7 something or other, I've never experienced any issues at all. I've also never used the "video" portion though so that'd be the only uncharted territory I've not ventured in to but all else has been flawless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trial&Error said:

I use Android with it, Samsung 7 something or other, I've never experienced any issues at all. I've also never used the "video" portion though so that'd be the only uncharted territory I've not ventured in to but all else has been flawless.

Thank you! That's what I wanted to hear.

Looks like Top Shelf Golf (one of FlightScope's distributors) has a nice product page up now: https://topshelfgolf.com/products/flightscope-mevo-plus-launch-monitor-and-golf-simulator

It does look like iOS/iPad would be the route to go. Concern for me is the indoor flight distance, I'm not sure if I have enough space. I assume the "long indoor" is the more accurate mode.

image.png.b951af8f6e709567d61c7dcb80ce39c6.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mizuno M Craft 2 or 3. In black. 

Just stunning. Don't know if I'd even game it. Just want one 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that this would be a good set to look at while they're plowing the snow outside.

 

JPX 919 set.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be seeking a new driver and possibly a 3 wood this year.  I'll be taking a hard look at SIM and maybe Mavrik, among others.  Demo days in April.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CarlH said:

I'll be seeking a new driver and possibly a 3 wood this year.  I'll be taking a hard look at SIM and maybe Mavrik, among others.  Demo days in April.

 

... If possible, be sure and hit the Cobra Xtreme/Speedzone as well as the Mizuno ST200. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free TaylorMade SIM fitting at my local PGA SS.... curious about the SIM Max.

Congratulations, you have successfully booked an custom fitting experience through myFittingExp! You are now ready to go through a fitting the same way TaylorMade pros do. At your fitting, you will get hands-on with the latest equipment from TaylorMade and gather important data about your performance. Your appointment is scheduled from 01:30PM - 02:00PM on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2020 at BRAINTREE PGA TOUR SS #1220.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For indoor use, the dots will still be required according to the comments on some of their Twitter posts:
image.png.fb6e833ba6899022fdee2f283b1bcda1.png
In my opinion, Flightscope has botched the release because there is literally almost no information out there about the device, but they are already taking pre-orders. To me that would be a huge leap of faith at this point. But from what I've gathered so far, from a combination of Twitter, their website and a chat with their support team:
- iPhone appears to be the only supported device at the moment. Android is for sure not supported yet, and their web chat support couldn't confirm nor deny iPad support, but if you look at the E6 sim screenshots they've posted it appears to be running on an iPad.
- Price is $1,999 and that includes a limited selection of E6 courses, but there is no subscription model. They may eventually include a subscription model for storing more videos in the FlightScope cloud. There is compatibility with other simulators but I think there will be more cost associated, same if you want more E6 courses than the default.
- Rumor on the sim forums is that the device actually does measure club path and face-to-path, but does not display those numbers. Hope would be that they would either make those available for a price in a later update, or that someone would hack the software to get those numbers.
I'm going to stick with my Swing Caddie for at least another month at this point it seems, as I'm an Android user. I'm not totally opposed to purchasing an iPad for this, but I want confirmation that everything is going to work first before I shell out $2k for the Mevo+ and $300+ for an iPad.
Of course, it'd be nice to see some demo video, the user manual, etc. before ordering as well. Really surprised after all of the teasing of the Mevo+ on Twitter that the release seems so haphazardly thrown together. 


Weather permitting I’ll take my SkyTrak outdoors and give it a whirl. Indoors it is awesome and the complaints I see are using it outdoors in direct sunlight.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remain content with my equipment - if I’m fortunate enough to do a MGS test this Spring or Summer I supposed I’d give some irons a try but if not I will be holding pat on equipment this season. :)


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...