What equipment are you thinking about?

Our Sponsors

After paying some rental clubs at @revkev's club today, I'm thinking I really need a TS3 3W with the HZRDS Smoke shaft. That club felt like we had been together for a long time. My wife rolled her eyes at me when I suggested it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny story, I was at GG last weekend waiting to hit the the Demo T400 they had just gotten in.  The sales rep goes to the guy in line before me and asks what can he help him with.    Customer: "

Picked up a set of these today (4-10) with the Vizard Graphite shaft.  At 85gr,  the shafts may be a little light,  but I wanted to give graphite a try.  Gotta figure out gapping for the bag;  even th

... Do you have a storefront where we can wear a mask and see aaaaaallllllll the clubs you have for sale?

Posted Images

Seriously thinking about dropping some cash on Mizuno MP 18 SC irons. At $400.00+ off, it's still a considerable amount of $$$ for me. I'm trying to talk myself out of it, but I'm losing the battle. I'll probably own these in the very near future.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Seriously thinking about dropping some cash on Mizuno MP 18 SC irons. At $400.00+ off, it's still a considerable amount of $$$ for me. I'm trying to talk myself out of it, but I'm losing the battle. I'll probably own these in the very near future.

Do it. The SC are great irons and you can never go wrong with Mizuno. Grab them then go find some nippons pulls to put in them

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

After paying some rental clubs at [mention=16651]revkev[/mention]'s club today, I'm thinking I really need a TS3 3W with the HZRDS Smoke shaft. That club felt like we had been together for a long time. My wife rolled her eyes at me when I suggested it.

Yep, that TS3 3W was sure sweet in your hands.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.
  • Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Funny story, I was at GG last weekend waiting to hit the the Demo T400 they had just gotten in.  The sales rep goes to the guy in line before me and asks what can he help him with.   

Customer: "I'm looking for an X-Stiff 3 wood that I can control and hit 250 to reach the par 5's instead of having to layup. I want to try the SIM and MAVRIK."

The sales guy tells him they don't have any X Stiff shafts, ask's what his driver swing speed is, the guys says about 115 to 120.  So the rep say try this it should work it was a EvenFlow 6.0 I think I heard him say. 

So the guy proceeds to hit about 12 out of 15 shots fat never getting one past 222 including the roll.  The Sales guys says, you swing speed is showing 88 (3 wood) so I'd say stiff is right at what you need.  

Customer: "I think the stiff shaft is causing me to lose control and not hit it cleanly, that's why I need the X Stiff.  You sure you don't have any" 

SMH...I think I've been behind this guy on the golf course before. Waiting for the green to clear, only to top an 80 yard worm burner....ha

I’ve probably played with him or his twin brother.  Definitely seen his close relatives on various courses

• Like 6

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’ve probably played with him or his twin brother.  Definitely seen his close relatives on various courses

Yeah, guy definitely gets around.  And to complete the picture, he was wearing a tee shirt about 3 sizes too small, and not because he works out a lot...ha

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Funny story, I was at GG last weekend waiting to hit the the Demo T400 they had just gotten in.  The sales rep goes to the guy in line before me and asks what can he help him with.   

Customer: "I'm looking for an X-Stiff 3 wood that I can control and hit 250 to reach the par 5's instead of having to layup. I want to try the SIM and MAVRIK."

The sales guy tells him they don't have any X Stiff shafts, ask's what his driver swing speed is, the guys says about 115 to 120.  So the rep say try this it should work it was a EvenFlow 6.0 I think I heard him say. 

So the guy proceeds to hit about 12 out of 15 shots fat never getting one past 222 including the roll.  The Sales guys says, you swing speed is showing 88 (3 wood) so I'd say stiff is right at what you need.  

Customer: "I think the stiff shaft is causing me to lose control and not hit it cleanly, that's why I need the X Stiff.  You sure you don't have any" 

SMH...I think I've been behind this guy on the golf course before. Waiting for the green to clear, only to top an 80 yard worm burner....ha

He could always just go the steel shaft route in the 3w.  HAHAHAHAHA

Must be fun to be a club fitter and have your customers tell you what you need to give them....they should use a sharpie on reg/stiff shafts and write in "Extra" and use those when guys like this come along.

Here: this one is EXTRA stiff.  LOL

• Like 4

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

... Some here probably know that Ely Callaway tapped into this phenomenon with the most successful product launch ever. He knew golfers ego's prevented them from choosing the right clubs. Almost always too stiff and not enough loft. He addressed this in the most brilliant way, but did throw what were once pretty standard specs completely out of whack. When Ely introduced the Big Bertha, he took his R-Flex shaft and put a S-Flex label on it and he took a driver head labeled 9* but it was actually 12-14*. Same thing with fairway woods labeled 3 wood and although he didn't list lofts, most assumed around 13-15* when it was actually 16-18*.

... All of a sudden, average golfers with a 100+ swing speed  🤣  that hit their drivers 210 were hitting their drivers 230. They were also hitting their fairway woods off the turf with a higher trajectory. For the very first time they were playing with equipment that at least more closely matched their needs. Brilliant. 

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Well, seeings how I'm trading in my whole iron set to offset this Fairway Wood purchase, think I need new irons and wedges. Hopefully will trade toward the wedge cost, but hopefully scheduling a fitting for irons quite soon.

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Cleveland 588 CB forged

Callaway 2007 X forged

Some sort of combo set - CB/MB

MP30/MP60

Titleist 735.CB

Wilson Progressive

etc.....

• Like 2

StrokerAce

Always putters...

Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Ave

PING Ketsch TR mid off FleaBAY

Taylormade Spider S

Odyssey Triple Track Marxman

• Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 5-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:taylormade-small: TP Berwick

... Some here probably know that Ely Callaway tapped into this phenomenon with the most successful product launch ever. He knew golfers ego's prevented them from choosing the right clubs. Almost always too stiff and not enough loft. He addressed this in the most brilliant way, but did throw what were once pretty standard specs completely out of whack. When Ely introduced the Big Bertha, he took his R-Flex shaft and put a S-Flex label on it and he took a driver head labeled 9* but it was actually 12-14*. Same thing with fairway woods labeled 3 wood and although he didn't list lofts, most assumed around 13-15* when it was actually 16-18*.

... All of a sudden, average golfers with a 100+ swing speed  🤣  that hit their drivers 210 were hitting their drivers 230. They were also hitting their fairway woods off the turf with a higher trajectory. For the very first time they were playing with equipment that at least more closely matched their needs. Brilliant. 

Did not know that, definitely Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Cleveland 588 CB forged

I have these in a combo set with the 588 mb. They are quite possibly my favorite irons ever

• Like 2
Just now, LoganT said:

I have these in a combo set with the 588 mb. They are quite possibly my favorite irons ever

what's your combination?  4-6/7-P ?

StrokerAce

1 minute ago, LoganT said:

3-6 CB 7-P MB

Sounds awesome.... I cannot find a combo set anywhere.  I either have to buy 2 full sets and drop some clubs or buy 1 full set and then buy the others individually.  Ugh.

• Like 1

StrokerAce

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Sounds awesome.... I cannot find a combo set anywhere.  I either have to buy 2 full sets and drop some clubs or buy 1 full set and then buy the others individually.  Ugh.

I’ve ran into the same problem in the past. I like the irons so much I wanted at least one backup set.

• Like 2

Some SM8’s... those Glides are not going to work for me. Too much bounce. Pretty sure I just hit the 52° about 225 yards and just successfully bladed a 58° about 150... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Need a 5 and 7 wood too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

With all the Coronavirus closing going on right now I’m thinking I may need a putter.
I just sent off my Flow neck x5 to Continental Golf and while I don’t know for sure that my refinish will be affected, I’m thinking I better start shopping around just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip