jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Our Sponsors

I had to google what "SWMBO" meant. Going to use that one now.

really?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I believe it originated with David Feherty. At least that’s where I saw it first when he was doing back page in Golf magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 3/3/2020 at 6:33 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

A midsize orange whip.

Anyone looking to get rid of they no longer use?

I liked my OW so much I added the "Compact". No, sorry, not giving it up!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

You're not the only one... everyone else is too chicken to admit it. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-P KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

You're not the only one... everyone else is too chicken to admit it.

I knew, I knew!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I call mine the Minister of War and Finance...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

From the blade putter review, I am in heavy blade ponder mode. Damn you! 

• Like 3

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:titelist-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:titelist-small: Hybrid  TS3 22* 
:mizuno-small: Irons 4i - 6 MP-18 MMC

:mizuno-small:  Irons 7i - PW MP-20 HMB       
:vokey-small: SM8 50/8 F                                                            

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  54/s 58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

my new net is supposed to arrive today; given up hope on the SkyTrak happening. debating between a Swing Caddie SC200plus and SC300 ... need to keep it around 3 bills. 

• Like 6

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
:srixon-small: Z785 4-P KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

From the blade putter review, I am in heavy blade ponder mode. Damn you! 

You just read the results. Try being one of the people that tests each of those clubs. Puts me in ponder mode all the time. I liked the blades and then I tested the mallets....I need to try a mallet putter!
  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The wife gave me the green light to get a launch monitor for my upcoming birthday/celebration of student loan debt paid off.  I've been looking for ages, but now that I have a green light,  i'm debating on what's right.  What I would prefer is something that has a game aspect to it, where I can see ball flight and numbers so that takes a lot of the monitors out of play.  

Pretty much narrows it to the Rapsodo R motion or just go full in on a SkyTrak.  Leaning towards the SkyTrak, but unsure on which package might be the best for courses and games?  

Could even go with Rapsodo to see game aspect and buy a mevo (voted best indoor monitor) for numbers but that seems like a lot of work and a nuisance.

• Like 6

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Just now, juspoole said:

The wife gave me the green light to get a launch monitor for my upcoming birthday/celebration of student loan debt paid off.  I've been looking for ages, but now that I have a green light,  i'm debating on what's right.  What I would prefer is something that has a game aspect to it, where I can see ball flight and numbers so that takes a lot of the monitors out of play.  

Pretty much narrows it to the Rapsodo R motion or just go full in on a SkyTrak.  Leaning towards the SkyTrak, but unsure on which package might be the best for courses and games?  

Could even go with Rapsodo to see game aspect and buy a mevo (voted best indoor monitor) for numbers but that seems like a lot of work and a nuisance.

I say go full on SkyTrak.  With the game improvement package you get WTG Golf which gives you 9 or 10 courses to play.  For me playing the courses is the best part.  I know you can do a lot more with the system than I am but it is a great way to get started.  WTG also gives you par 3, 4 and 5 challenges.  I'm sure the higher end golf software is better but since you got approval from the higher up you may need to tread lightly.  Where else can you play 36 in an hour?  Year round golf has made it much easier for me to survive the global shutdown and although I prefer outdoor golf, I'm not twitching because I can't get out to play.

• Like 6

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

4 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I say go full on SkyTrak.  With the game improvement package you get WTG Golf which gives you 9 or 10 courses to play.  For me playing the courses is the best part.  I know you can do a lot more with the system than I am but it is a great way to get started.  WTG also gives you par 3, 4 and 5 challenges.  I'm sure the higher end golf software is better but since you got approval from the higher up you may need to tread lightly.  Where else can you play 36 in an hour?  Year round golf has made it much easier for me to survive the global shutdown and although I prefer outdoor golf, I'm not twitching because I can't get out to play.

I got the green light for a sim when we move out of our current condo, I even got general swmbo to say I could get one now and put it up at my mom's house which is a 1 minute walk, so I started looking at YouTube videos. One thing I noticed in a video I watched is that this dude's Skytrack missed A LOT of shots. I counted 5 in the first couple of holes I watched before I got bored. Anyone else have the same experience with their Skytrack?

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Just now, yungkory said:

I got the green light for a sim when we move out of our current condo, I even got general swmbo to say I could get one now and put it up at my mom's house which is a 1 minute walk, so I started looking at YouTube videos. One thing I noticed in a video I watched is that this dude's Skytrack missed A LOT of shots. I counted 5 in the first couple of holes I watched before I got bored. Anyone else have the same experience with their Skytrack?

It has not been an issue for me for the most part.  The only time it misses a shot is when I hit my 56 degree wedge straight up like a flop shot.  By moving the ball about an inch in front of the red dot when hitting this shot I never have an issue but my ceiling does.  Everyone says use brand new white balls only and I have used red, orange, green, yellow and white without issue.  Another thing is my son was having trouble getting shots to register when he was wearing grey sweatpants.  Changed his pants and problem solved.

• Like 5

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Arccos. Can't decide if it's worth the investment or not. Any satisfied users?

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small:XHot; 10.5°; Project X S Shaft

3 Wood: :callaway-small: Razr X; Stiff shaft

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Heavenwood; Loft 20°; Standard Shaft 

Irons: :callaway-small:Diablo Edge; Steel Shafts; Stock Loft and Lie 

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM5 52.12F; SM5 56.14F; SM4 60.04

Putter: :edel-golf-1: Faldo G90

Grips: Golfpride CP2 Standard 

Right-Handed

10 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I say go full on SkyTrak.  With the game improvement package you get WTG Golf which gives you 9 or 10 courses to play. 

Purchase made - thanks, went with the game improvement package and will give myself some time to try that out.  Will not ship for quite a while, but that's not a huge deal.  

• Like 6

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

1 hour ago, Retrop said:

Arccos. Can't decide if it's worth the investment or not. Any satisfied users?

I found the personal real-world gap test to be most useful in terms of features. I got it before they switched to a subscription-based product, and once my sensors kick the bucket, I doubt I'll be buying the new sensors and subscribing. It's good/humbling to know your distances and it can definitely lead to you gaining strokes, but once it brought me back down to reality and I started clubbing up more often, it kind of lost its luster for me.

There's an official review on it if you want to check that out: 

A quick and dirty from my experiences:

Pros:

• Really easy to setup and pair your clubs to the sensors
  • Stat/Distance tracking is pretty accurate, though there are some nuances that require your input (more on this later)
  • Identify the weak parts of your game easily

Cons:

• It misses shots sometimes, especially on the greens
  • Manual edits are sometimes required if you want accurate stats: putts from off the greens, bunker shots that might not have counted because GPS didn't place you in the bunker, etc.
  • It absolutely sucks on Androids compared to iOS. I had to switch to an iPhone for work from a Google Pixel XL, and a Pixel 3 so I have pretty extensive use on both platforms. It's very evident that Arccos was developed on iPhone first, and Android was an afterthought. The battery usage on my Pixel 3 was absolutely horrible. That phone is about as vanilla of an Android experience as you can get, so claims of background apps or bloatware, etc. don't really have any merit in my books.
  • It's expensive now. $200 for the sensors and no subscription was easy for me to digest. $100/year and no easy way to replace the sensors, while still having to deal with the minor hiccups? I'll pass, especially since I don't like having my phone on me while I play and they can't get their Link device to market with any reasonable success
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

I found the personal real-world gap test to be most useful in terms of features. I got it before they switched to a subscription-based product, and once my sensors kick the bucket, I doubt I'll be buying the new sensors and subscribing. It's good/humbling to know your distances and it can definitely lead to you gaining strokes, but once it brought me back down to reality and I started clubbing up more often, it kind of lost its luster for me.

There's an official review on it if you want to check that out: 

A quick and dirty from my experiences:

Pros:

• Really easy to setup and pair your clubs to the sensors
  • Stat/Distance tracking is pretty accurate, though there are some nuances that require your input (more on this later)
  • Identify the weak parts of your game easily

Cons:

• It misses shots sometimes, especially on the greens
  • Manual edits are sometimes required if you want accurate stats: putts from off the greens, bunker shots that might not have counted because GPS didn't place you in the bunker, etc.
  • It absolutely sucks on Androids compared to iOS. I had to switch to an iPhone for work from a Google Pixel XL, and a Pixel 3 so I have pretty extensive use on both platforms. It's very evident that Arccos was developed on iPhone first, and Android was an afterthought. The battery usage on my Pixel 3 was absolutely horrible. That phone is about as vanilla of an Android experience as you can get, so claims of background apps or bloatware, etc. don't really have any merit in my books.
  • It's expensive now. $200 for the sensors and no subscription was easy for me to digest. $100/year and no easy way to replace the sensors, while still having to deal with the minor hiccups? I'll pass, especially since I don't like having my phone on me while I play and they can't get their Link device to market with any reasonable success

Really appreciate the response and information! I have a hard time justifying subscription-based products too, especially when there's extra cost hiccups like you mentioned. Any performance tracking/ game improvement system you're thinking about switching to when those original sensors give out?

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small:XHot; 10.5°; Project X S Shaft

3 Wood: :callaway-small: Razr X; Stiff shaft

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Heavenwood; Loft 20°; Standard Shaft 

Irons: :callaway-small:Diablo Edge; Steel Shafts; Stock Loft and Lie 

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM5 52.12F; SM5 56.14F; SM4 60.04

Putter: :edel-golf-1: Faldo G90

Grips: Golfpride CP2 Standard 

Right-Handed

6 minutes ago, Retrop said:

Really appreciate the response and information! I have a hard time justifying subscription-based products too, especially when there's extra cost hiccups like you mentioned. Any performance tracking/ game improvement system you're thinking about switching to when those original sensors give out?

I don't mind the subscription, it's just that you don't get anything additional with it. Even if they did replace the sensors for free, they'll probably charge me $10 to ship it to Hawaii. If Arccos worked without me having to touch it, and if they had something that eliminated having my phone on me, then I'd stick with it. It's the annoyances along with not getting anything ELSE that stops me from subscribing. If I lived somewhere with seasonal weather, I'd be even less inclined. $100 over 12 months isn't out of my budget, but if I could only golf 7 months out of the year?

I'll probably just go back to The Grint when Arccos dies, at $20/year for pro it ticks all the boxes for me. If I'm going to have to do ANYTHING manually, I might as well just do it all. Marking my scorecard is faster than taking my phone out with my glove hand, unlocking it, and then marking the pin location. Pacing the distance from the pin to my ball and writing it down, or remembering ~how many feet it was and marking it when I get back to the cart is just as inconvenient. In my case, I'm usually drawing a left-pointing arrow in my GiR boxes when I pull my approach a mile to the left 😂. Yeah, with that said, Grint Pro is pretty solid because you can just keep score with a regular scorecard and snap a quick pic and upload it, review, and you're done. it doesn't track proximity to hole, but that's a personal preference for me because I seem to shoot better scores the closer my approaches land in regulation (crazy concept, I know).

• Like 4

👁️Callaway's Mavrik Max Driver😉

• Like 2

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

If you get it set up right it picks 90% of the shots up. One thing like wedgie said is with higher lofted clubs is more often and that can be corrected. 

• Like 4

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."