jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Our Sponsors

Golf Pride MCC grips in navy and gold to match my college colors, don’t need new grips but they are my college golf colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Cobra has an obscenely awesome deal right now, 45% off. Includes all the latest models. I need to repeatedly tell myself that I do not need any new clubs. 

Promo code: BRYSOND2020

Promo code is dead already

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I'm looking for a new bag thinking that it'll be a sun mountain stand bag. They are one of the few that look like they still make stuff in America. If y'all know of any other USA made bags let me know.

• Like 2

🤔🤔🤔

af-tourcb.png

• Like 5
  • Off Topic 1

TaylorMade SIM 9º | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Srixon Z585/Z785 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX 4 50 Mid, 54 Mid, 60 Full
 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Odyssey Stroke Lab black vs. Edel E-2 tourque balanced.... 🤔

• Like 3

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-A KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Or a Mizuno, or TS2/3. My buddy has a TS2 coming from the rep whenever the heck they start building/shipping again, so I'm hoping I can scope it out when his gets here. I've seen the 410 but as I've stated about their drivers, I'm not a massive fan of the turbolaters (sp), and I feel like it's accentuated by the smaller hybrid head. I can stomach it on the driver, not sure I could ever like looking at the hybrid, but if it does the job then I'll bag it in the name of lower scores.

I picked up an “excellent condition” 818 H1 hybrid this year and added on popped in the fade bias weight. So far I’ve only had 4 balls with it and I’m averaging around 200 (mix of fairway and tee). Once the ranges open up Ill get to play around with it some more but I haven’t sniffed the over-draw I was starting to see with my old Ping G30 hybrid. If you want a cheap experiment I recommend giving one of those a swing! I think they still hold their own against the TS2/G410 clubs (as long as you get your loft right)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Odyssey Stroke Lab black vs. Edel E-2 tourque balanced....

Got the putter itch? What are you trying to accomplish with the update? I really don’t know much about Edel, but I don’t like the feel of the newer Odyssey inserts.

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

37 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Odyssey Stroke Lab black vs. Edel E-2 tourque balanced.... 🤔

I read that they firmed up the face. Would be interested to see how it feels now. The first iteration felt like pillows and it was very hard for me to get a feel for speed. I was glad to read the forum testers confirm the same thing -- thought it was just me being my usual picky self.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

I read that they firmed up the face. Would be interested to see how it feels now. The first iteration felt like pillows and it was very hard for me to get a feel for speed. I was glad to read the forum testers confirm the same thing -- thought it was just me being my usual picky self.

Everyone is going ga-ga over the TEN.... Looks pretty dang close to a Spider. I don't play a mallet but it looks F_I_N_E fine.

Would probably be the most talked about club in golf had we not gone into shutdown.

Loving how they made the head all black and a lot of folks seem to like the face. Wish I could try it somewhere but I might just take the plunge, sight unseen. The shaft has me very intrigued.

StrokerAce

10 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Got the putter itch? What are you trying to accomplish with the update? I really don’t know much about Edel, but I don’t like the feel of the newer Odyssey inserts.

accomplish? I'd like to make some 10 and 20 footers; sucks big time to keep having birdie putts and not make a damn thing.

Sure, I'd love a Scotty or an Evnroll but those are outta my budget, so I gotta go with the next best thing....

Double Wide showed positive strokes gained from both 10 and 20 feet; oddly it showed a negative S.G. from 5 feet? what?? 

image.png

StrokerAce

accomplish? I'd like to make some 10 and 20 footers; sucks big time to keep having birdie putts and not make a damn thing.
Sure, I'd love a Scotty or an Evnroll but those are outta my budget, so I gotta go with the next best thing....
Double Wide showed positive strokes gained from both 10 and 20 feet; oddly it showed a negative S.G. from 5 feet? what?? 
image.png.eb5668c43d0d93c398559beaf8e8d9f4.png

That is weird. I’m really digging the shape of the ER2B and love the look of the Newport. Before that I used an odyssey Rossie which is a kind of classic mid-mallet size. Any bigger than that they start to look awkward to my eye during the stroke.

I have to agree that the Ten looks great with the all black finish and bold sight line.

You should go down and see Steve at Spargo Golf for a putter fitting. He’ll get you draining those putts in no time at all.

#cuetheduckboats

26 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

That is weird. I’m really digging the shape of the ER2B and love the look of the Newport. Before that I used an odyssey Rossie which is a kind of classic mid-mallet size. Any bigger than that they start to look awkward to my eye during the stroke.

I have to agree that the Ten looks great with the all black finish and bold sight line.

You should go down and see Steve at Spargo Golf for a putter fitting. He’ll get you draining those putts in no time at all.

Haha... my very first fitting was at Spargo years ago and I met Steve then. Glad to hear that he's still around. 
I did a fitting at club champion and at TrueSpec.... neither one of those helped me make 10-20 footers but I gained an understanding of what type of putter I need. 

• Like 1

StrokerAce

Everyone is going ga-ga over the TEN.... Looks pretty dang close to a Spider. I don't play a mallet but it looks F_I_N_E fine.

I just picked up a Ten this week and took it to the course this weekend. Really liked the putter although I struggled with distance I seemed to do well with startline.

I have hated past iterations of the face and the new face is much firmer. Need to do some more analysis on different feels across the face but much better than past microhinge faces. The putter I bought had the stability face so when stores open again or I can get back to trying stuff at MGS headquarters I will compare to the feel on one with a stroke lab shaft.
During testing I found the triple track alignment distracting so I am using the one with the single line. 100x better.

It is amazing how with some putters you just struggle at 5’. From that distance if miss a couple you are negative strokes gained. 10’ and longer 50% becomes the mark to achieve. Since we are rolling 6 from the same distance hitting 5/6 with a putter does happen; which boosts strokes gained.
  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Haha... my very first fitting was at Spargo years ago and I met Steve then. Glad to hear that he's still around. 
I did a fitting at club champion and at TrueSpec.... neither one of those helped me make 10-20 footers but I gained an understanding of what type of putter I need. 

that's right I forgot you did putter at TrueSpec too.  It Sounds like the TEN's got a better face and if you like the looks the best that's prob the one to take a flier with.  I putt better when I like that I'm looking down at.  Confidence can be big on those putts! 

• Like 2

#cuetheduckboats

I am thinking about putter grips today. Anyone ever try the Sense grips? 

https://sensegolfgrips.com/

• Like 1

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

image.png.eb5668c43d0d93c398559beaf8e8d9f4.png

Sometimes a new look or three make a huge difference. Okay, maybe a hundred new looks and counting.

Seriously, every time I got in a rut putting I had a pro look at my stroke and the change was a different type of putter. My stroke is solid my mental side to putting is shite.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Sorry Boss never saw them B4.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Haven't tried them,  another forum gives them good reviews.   Saw a video where someone was getting a fitting and had that grip on their putter.  The fitter described the person as very mechanical/engineering type trying to make everything square.  Result of the fitting was that it didn't work well for him.   I'd be more interested in the weighting system 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Haven't tried them,  another forum gives them good reviews.   Saw a video where someone was getting a fitting and had that grip on their putter.  The fitter described the person as very mechanical/engineering type trying to make everything square.  Result of the fitting was that it didn't work well for him.   I'd be more interested in the weighting system 

Yep, saw the reviews on the other forum. Interesting on the fitting not working out for the mechanical/engineering person. I like the thought of everything square, but also I am a very feel type player. I want to be able to feel the putter square up at impact. I will probably end up buying this grip sometime soon.

Updated 7/14/2020

I just bought Mizuno MP-20 SEL irons, SM8 wedges, Odyssey double wide stroke lab putter, and getting fitted for a driver, 2iron/driving iron, 3 wood, 5 or 7 wood, and a hybrid tomorrow. No idea what brands I will go with. Trying to go on the data and what gives me the tightest dispersion

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1