:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Honestly I don't know why any serious golfer plays steel in their irons considering the graphite iron shafts that are available today. Posted this before but I started with 130gm NV Tour shafts that had 1.5* of torque and were better than DGS300's in every way. Next I played NV Pro 105's and loved them. VS Proto 100's were even better for my swing so I tried the VS Proto 85's and they were just too light for me. I have found 95gms is my limit and obviously that is the #1 weight played on all the tours. There is just something to fit every swing and with less wear and tear on your joints as well as a kick point/torque with a dampened feel that still provides plenty of feedback, I just think graphite iron shafts are a no brainer if you play and/or practice a couple times a week. I took a chance on the Kuro Kage Tini 105 gm shafts that came with my T100-S but I absolutely love them. 

... That said, 120 gms to 80-90 gms is a pretty big jump. But you demo so many different irons I imagine you have a feel for what works for you as far as weight is concerned. 👍

After years of playing telephone poles, I was enlightened by the feel offered by the Nippon Modus line. I agree with your thoughts on graphite and like the idea of switching over in a decade when I hit my 50’s. 

It has more to do with making it easier on the body and having fun. Let the club do the work without hurting you. I can get behind that logic. 

• Like 4

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

13 minutes ago, bens197 said:

After years of playing telephone poles, I was enlightened by the feel offered by the Nippon Modus line. I agree with your thoughts on graphite and like the idea of switching over in a decade when I hit my 50’s. 

It has more to do with making it easier on the body and having fun. Let the club do the work without hurting you. I can get behind that logic. 

I have six more months until I hit 50, but I think it's time for graphite in the irons for me.  My back is generally not happy with me at the end of a round.  The experiment starts soon.

• Like 3

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Hybrid - Titleist 585 (17*) - Titleist 4175 ( R )
4i - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Forest Green)
Ball -  :Snell: MTB-X
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

New irons, new wedges, new driver, new 3W shaft, new bag, new range finder, ShotScope.... My list is too long 😬😅🤫

• Love 1

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

Usually once or twice a season I get a hankering for some Pings irons, G25 or G30. Why? I don't particularly know. Probably due to their reputation and how long they stay in people's bags. 

I also really want to see if I can get my son to say he wants new irons so I can take my D200s back from him 🤣

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

10 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I have six more months until I hit 50, but I think it's time for graphite in the irons for me.  My back is generally not happy with me at the end of a round.  The experiment starts soon.

I embrace the idea of evolving into something that makes life easier. Anything to save those joints is good by me. Good luck 😊

• Like 3

• Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Besides all the Cobra gear (pleeeassee can I get a shipping notification today?!) I’m thinking about picking one of these or a Bagboy/Clicgear comparable.

788E00C7-DF4A-4C81-B60D-B371FBFE9178.png.f947ec9f42adcd0a393bb45d41efdb44.png

From what I can see some *should* be available this month.

• Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

20 hours ago, bens197 said:

... And here we go. I don't know if you have seen this but it backs up what we already know:

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... And here we go. I don't know if you have seen this but it backs up what we already know:

I literally just finished watching that before coming here...lol.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Besides all the Cobra gear (pleeeassee can I get a shipping notification today?!) I’m thinking about picking one of these or a Bagboy/Clicgear comparable.

788E00C7-DF4A-4C81-B60D-B371FBFE9178.png.f947ec9f42adcd0a393bb45d41efdb44.png

From what I can see some *should* be available this month.

I have the Caddytek and it has served me well these past 2-3 years but the foot brake is kinda lame. Wish it had a hand brake like the Clicgears, much less cumbersome to use. Other than that, and a bolt coming loose, I'm pretty happy with it.

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

29 minutes ago, chisag said:

Not much else to say...the numbers don’t lie. 

27B51042-4F5D-4A9B-903A-01D1932EAC77.jpeg

• Like 4

• Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

I'm having a crisis of sorts, I want to buy something in a bad way but don't know what. I've been thinking wedges, 5 wood, hitting net, launch monitor, planemate, just to name a few things. Can't buy them all, but I'm going nuts thinking about stuff. I'll figure something out, but I just had to vent to people that would understand. I can list the why's and why nots of everything and I'm over thinking it. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm having a crisis of sorts, I want to buy something in a bad way but don't know what. I've been thinking wedges, 5 wood, hitting net, launch monitor, planemate, just to name a few things. Can't buy them all, but I'm going nuts thinking about stuff. I'll figure something out, but I just had to vent to people that would understand. I can list the why's and why nots of everything and I'm over thinking it. 

Planemate and 5 wood. There done. image.gif.f86748b9a2b936b5455139740b7dae6a.gif

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

The planemate is definitely up there, I've noticed a bit of an over the top move I need to get rid of and think from reading the reviews here on the site it might help. I really appreciate the advice!

• Like 4

What are we talking club wise? Vintage or modern? Planemate is up there for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

Still thinking about the new Cobra King Utility Iron. It just looks so good, and I feel like a utility 4-iron would be the perfect safe-off-the-tee club for my bag. The problem is I would probably end up with back issues if I got it since the couch isn't particularly good for sleeping on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Currently testing the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03

Ball - :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

What are we talking club wise? Vintage or modern? Planemate is up there for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modern, I'm needing something in my gamer bag on the top end that's a little more consistent than my 3 wood. I love it, but we have days we don't get along. I saw some Cobra F8's on sale the other day and it got me thinking. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gavinski91 said:

Still thinking about the new Cobra King Utility Iron. It just looks so good, and I feel like a utility 4-iron would be the perfect safe-off-the-tee club for my bag. The problem is I would probably end up with back issues if I got it since the couch isn't particularly good for sleeping on.

That can be the downside to new clubs.  When I got to swing some of the Cobra stuff for the #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE it was like a week before that was announced... but after seeing the Forged Tec's 4 iron I have to imagine the utility iron is just about perfect.  I'm personally more of a hybrid guy at that spot, but it seems like its a good blend of help while maintaining a smallish footprint.  

Perhaps you should order the Utility and a memory foam pad for the couch at the same time and really treat yourself right? 😂

• Haha 2

#cuetheduckboats

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Modern, I'm needing something in my gamer bag on the top end that's a little more consistent than my 3 wood. I love it, but we have days we don't get along. I saw some Cobra F8's on sale the other day and it got me thinking. 

I can't say enough about my love for the 5-wood.  I seriously doubt I'm losing any distance off the tee with it compared to a 3-wood.  I've hit the g30 5-wood 14 times since I started using Arccos and my smart distance is 241 yards with a long of 261 (I actually outdrove @Lacassem's driver on that one 😉 ).  I'm positive that a 3-wood would not be nearly as good for me.  I tend to hit them very low and they're useless outside of the teebox for me.  

I hit a friends F8 fairway before too... damn good feeling club.

• Like 3

#cuetheduckboats