jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Our Sponsors

11 hours ago, edingc said:

If I can get a decent mat and net, I might be about to convince the wife that a SkyTrak is necessary.

I'm with you - I did already get consent from the wife for the skytrak.  I'm leaning towards the net return pro with impact screen for ease since I will have to take it up and down in the garage pretty often.

I have a decent mat, well section, I just bought an 11" by 30" section of the country club elite reel feel.  Was able to get that for $35 bucks and has been well worth it.

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

5 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I'm with you - I did already get consent from the wife for the skytrak.  I'm leaning towards the net return pro with impact screen for ease since I will have to take it up and down in the garage pretty often.

I have a decent mat, well section, I just bought an 11" by 30" section of the country club elite reel feel.  Was able to get that for $35 bucks and has been well worth it.

What are you using for a stance mat? I actually have the same exact section of CCE mat. I bought some foam interlocking tiles from Menards a while ago that I intended on layering together as a stance mat, but I think they would be too squishy. The CCE strip is like 1.75 inches thick so that's been causing me some issues trying to design a platform for it. 

The Net Return Pro looks great but it's probably too much money for me right now. Like I mentioned, I bought 12 feet of industrial curtain track and rollers last year, so my plan is to buy two 10'x15' sections of impact netting from Amazon (less than $150 combined) and have them hooked to that with some overlap. I will have to put hooks in the ceiling to connect the "tails" to the ceiling at an angle on each end to so that I can have some shank protection. I think with the roller track I could roll everything to one side and bungee cord it out of the way.

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.0 (Last Updated Sept. 27, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :tour-edge: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten, UST Recoil 670 F4, Tour Edge/Lamkin R.E.L.
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

21 hours ago, edingc said:

If it's like mine, it will come from China directly through BoxC Logistics. You can track the USPS number through their site to see status in customs. It took something like 10-12 days to get mine.

I'm excited for you. The improvement on my driver from just a few times working with the PlaneMate (dry swings, mind you) has more than returned my investment. 

I'm too scared to graduate to the long band, so I've just been doing the introduction protocols for the past two weeks.

I appreciate the advice @edingc! I'm already anxiously checking my email for any notifications, even though I know it might take a few more days. It's also good to know you're seeing results doing the introductory protocol, I'll probably do the same for a couple of weeks. I've also watched the videos and it looks like some sound drills they have on there. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 8:21 AM, revkev said:

An upgraded personal LM. Under 1k - looking at Mevo or Rapsodo - I’m trying to scare up thoughts on the two.

So thoughts here?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In the same boat, but can't do the Rapsodo MLM (Android problems). For me, was looking at the Mevo, Rapsodo R-Motion, and the SC300 🤔

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* loft with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT S300 hard stepped
50*, 54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Currently Testing:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

On 7/9/2020 at 6:55 AM, juspoole said:

I recently sold my Rukkett Golf Haack Net - loved it, but went with a full cage with an impact screen/projection system.  Amazon sells the same exact net at a better price, its ~$91 and currently showing in stock.  This net design is pretty wide to catch errant shots and goes up/down easily.  I had it for 2 years and no issues.  Definitely recommend it because it slowly kicks the balls back to you so you don't have to keep walking down to collect them.

https://www.amazon.com/Nova-Microdermabrasion-Portable-Hitting-Practice/dp/B079P3KDCZ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3RTF4BYNCT0LA&dchild=1&keywords=rukkett+golf+net&qid=1594604054&sprefix=rukkett%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-2

TaylorMade M6 Driver
Callaway Rogue 3W

Callaway Rogue 4Hybrid
TaylorMade M6 irons
Mizuno MP-T7 wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
Snell "MTB" Golf Ball

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

On 7/9/2020 at 2:52 AM, TSauer said:

That's the the one thing I'm not sure about. I need something that is low launch/low spin, have any recommendations? Shafts is one area of golf I'm not too well versed in. 

Stock offering? Hulk.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

On 7/9/2020 at 7:52 AM, TSauer said:

That's the the one thing I'm not sure about. I need something that is low launch/low spin, have any recommendations? Shafts is one area of golf I'm not too well versed in. 

... If you definitely know you need a low launch/low spin shaft, it is hard to beat the Atmos TS Black. 

• Like 1

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Atmos TS Blue 6s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18*  ... HZRDUS Black 6.0 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

On 7/7/2020 at 3:30 AM, cnosil said:

I think I have reached that point where I want graphite.  I know it is a big jump from 120 to 80/90 and that may not be where I end up but it is still difficult to find lots of graphite shafts to demo.  That weight range seems to be where most graphite shafts generally fall.  

Most of the clubs at MGS are steel and the graphite are generally lightweight and regular or senior flex.  I have tried Harry's Fujikura's,  but they X flex was a bit more than I could handle.   I have been reading your posts in the Titleist thread and knew you liked them.   

I will probably just keep an eye out at my local store since they have a large used club inventory that changes over a lot.  Thanks for your input!

This was also my issue. When I was fitted for the SZ driver, I had some time left and asked for some irons with graphite shafts (as per @chisag recommendation on the T100-S thread). And you can definitely feel the fitter has some bias giving a younger player some graphite irons and the repertoire of graphite shafts is not as complete as their steel counterparts. So, I couldn't do anything with the senior flexes they had.

Hopefully, the industry evolves in that direction... cause I'm also excited to try them in my next set of irons.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

11 hours ago, Peejer said:

I recently sold my Rukkett Golf Haack Net - loved it, but went with a full cage with an impact screen/projection system.  Amazon sells the same exact net at a better price, its ~$91 and currently showing in stock.  This net design is pretty wide to catch errant shots and goes up/down easily.  I had it for 2 years and no issues.  Definitely recommend it because it slowly kicks the balls back to you so you don't have to keep walking down to collect them.

Thanks - this is actually what I have now - well the Rukkett version like you and I agree it looks the same.  I've had it for a year and a half and unfortunately I'm close to putting a ball through the net, so I've been careful about how much I've used it the past couple months.  To save money, i would consider coming up with a solution to get the impact screen and still use the rukkett and just buy a new net for it, but unsure how that would work.  Maybe forgo the screen and just use an old 55" tv.

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

I want to pull the trigger on this headcover so badly... I just can't seem to do it. 

Eggs-Feature-1_H900_Mcrop_P50-50.jpg

• Like 4

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

I want to pull the trigger on this headcover so badly... I just can't seem to do it. 
Eggs-Feature-1_H900_Mcrop_P50-50.jpg.db9b5e7929c7d14c5e1f517eb73df350.jpg

You know once you posted this there no holding back

• Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I've been contemplating ditching the 3 wood for a 16 degree hybrid. I can hit bombs with my ST190 TS off the tee but it's a little iffy off the deck. I tried the Speedzone and it was really nice, but I still wanted to try the CLK 16 degree because the 19 I have is so good. I went to the Mizuno Experience Center here in Georgia today and did a fitting for the CLK. I hit my 19 degree and averaged 240 total yards, then I hit the 16 degree and averaged 243 total yards... It didn't matter what shaft we used, I couldn't get past 243 on average and they were extremely well struck shots. So, within a couple weeks I'll be ordering a new Speedzone 3 wood and utilizing those baffler rails!

• Like 3

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Okay [mention]Rickp [/mention] I bought it. You were right, I just had to.

• Like 3

You making all of us proud

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I actually haven't thought about any equipment this week. I guess its only Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

35 minutes ago, TSauer said:

He’ll of a headcover too

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

He’ll of a headcover too

Yessir.. I mean who doesn't love bacon & eggs? Plus it's inspired by Collin Morikawa.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Yessir.. I mean who doesn't love bacon & eggs? Plus it's inspired by Collin Morikawa.

I can confidently say I know 0 people that don’t and that’s the way I like it.....I know crispy bacon lovers (my wife being one) and that gives me spine shivers but it’s still bacon i suppose

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I need a new putter, I think that now my 25 year old needs to be retired.

Thinking of a Scotty or a Berdinelli.

I probably need to go to a store and play around with what they have first.

I know golf Galaxy offers putter fittings and that might be something I need to explore.

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

I know golf Galaxy offers putter fittings and that might be something I need to explore.

My simple advice is don’t waste your time doing a golf galaxy fitting.
  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG