What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

VERY nice; what made you pick these?
In my 919’s I went with the set gap wedge.  (Stock loft is 51.). That club is almost always a full or at least flighted shot, and rarely something I’m using around the green.  If you’re similar in how you’d use it I’d suggest the set wedge.

As a most wanted tester, I get to hit a wide variety of clubs. I have really been impressed with the entire Honma line throughout the testing periods and wanted to see how they would perform on the course. Basically more shiny object than fitting and the desire to try a graphite shaft. I do hit them pretty well, but there are others that are longer. I hit this head with the modus farther
So I will probably change the shafts down the road to something that fits me better.

I have already contacted Honma about the 11 wedge. Since these are shorter than my current set I need to figure out the gapping; I may not need anything. Since I do hit gap full I will probably go
Ahead and order the 11 iron.
  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thinking of getting Arccos link. Anyone see a benefit from it?

Edited by rbsiedsc
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 6s 45")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

You should apply for the Ben Hogan testing that was just posted

Would consider, but checking website it seems like my left hand orientation is going to put an abrupt halt to that unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Anyone have a favorite driving iron? I am currently using my 4 iron (Mizuno MP-60, S300 shaft) of the tee and love it when I catch it well, but would like to be more consistent when I’m taking an iron off of the tee. I hit the ball pretty high, so probably looking for something with lower trajectory, but would really like more forgiveness.

Thanks! 

DLM

I've been mulling over new irons now for almost a year, I know I'm going to pull the trigger it's just a matter of getting fit (again, lol. Not good experience at Club Champion).

Mizuno was gonna do some free fittings at a local shop, and I snagged a time cuz why not? Unfortunately though the shop called me up saying they had to send a few of their staff home sick so they were postponing the fitting. Darn covid always making things difficult.

• Like 5

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

**Currently testing: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts)

Wedges (54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

9 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

I've been mulling over new irons now for almost a year, I know I'm going to pull the trigger it's just a matter of getting fit (again, lol. Not good experience at Club Champion).

Mizuno was gonna do some free fittings at a local shop, and I snagged a time cuz why not? Unfortunately though the shop called me up saying they had to send a few of their staff home sick so they were postponing the fitting. Darn covid always making things difficult.

Don’t over look the T1/200 line... I didn’t think I’d like all the tech, but man if they aren’t amazing.

• Like 3

I've got 2 things on the buying horizon: a new Sun Mountain cart bag - my 10 year old one is toast. The other is replacing my F-Max 5 wood with a 410 5 wood. On the latter there's very little distance gap between my F-Max 20* and my 410 22* hybrid. I really like the Tensi shaft on both of my  hybrids  and the adjustable heads - they should translate well to the 410. 

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I have an item in the cart at 2ndswing.com... one of these days I’m going to click purchase.... maybe that will be today.

And the "item" is?  😂

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

13 hours ago, Danielmiller155 said:

Anyone have a favorite driving iron? I am currently using my 4 iron (Mizuno MP-60, S300 shaft) of the tee and love it when I catch it well, but would like to be more consistent when I’m taking an iron off of the tee. I hit the ball pretty high, so probably looking for something with lower trajectory, but would really like more forgiveness.

... I have played so many DI's and they all have +'s and -'s. Probably over simplified but the lower launching/spinning DI's tend to be less forgiving and he more forgiving DI's tend to launch higher and spin a little more. I do think a sleeper is the 17* Taylor Made TP UDi 2 iron if you can find one. And a UDi 3 iron at 19* will do for most as well. I have owned and played: Adams DHy, Cobra King Utility, Wilson FG Tour, Tour Edge CB Pro/Tungsten Pro, Srixon U45, Taylor Made GAPR Mid, Mizuno Fli Hi and I am probably forgetting one or two.

... I just bought a Taylor Made DHy 19* yesterday and if the on course performance is similar to how it performed in my fitting that slot should finally be filled for quite some time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I've got 2 things on the buying horizon: a new Sun Mountain cart bag - my 10 year old one is toast. The other is replacing my F-Max 5 wood with a 410 5 wood. On the latter there's very little distance gap between my F-Max 20* and my 410 22* hybrid. I really like the Tensi shaft on both of my  hybrids  and the adjustable heads - they should translate well to the 410. 

And the "item" is?  😂

A golf club... 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Don’t over look the T1/200 line... I didn’t think I’d like all the tech, but man if they aren’t amazing.

Ironically I did but the T100s the other day. It was just the stock shaft, but I was really surprised how well I hit it. Up against some more forgiving irons, it didn't seem to lose much at all. And it looked and felt fantastic to boot!

• Like 4

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

**Currently testing: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts)

Wedges (54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

7 hours ago, Danielmiller155 said:

Thanks! 

I just got a 0311x 2i from pxg. Wasn’t fit but used my iron specs. Getting used to it but it flies straight and feels solid. Good option with their sale right now. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 6s 45")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

5 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I just got a 0311x 2i from pxg. Wasn’t fit but used my iron specs. Getting used to it but it flies straight and feels solid. Good option with their sale right now. 

Would you take it over a normal iron?

DLM

1 hour ago, Danielmiller155 said:

Would you take it over a normal iron?

Considering I am gaming the 0211s yes. The 4i of my set launches higher and lands soft whereas this shoots bullets. It is all dependent on what your needs are. 

• Like 2

If anyone had been thinking about a Stability shaft in the past but couldn't pull the trigger based on the price, the price has officially gotten down to $129 (though I had been able to getting pricing around this for a little while now).

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

Updating my post from a couple days ago. I went for my PXG iron fitting. Was pretty much equal between the 0311p and the 0211. I got a little more distance with the 0311, but better dispersion with 0211. The decision was do I want to look cool with the fancy forged clubs or not. I got the 0211 for $60 less a club, and equal ( if not better) performance. Now the waiting begins!

• Like 4

I’ve got 12 clubs locked into my bag right now.

Driver
5,7,9 wood
6-GW
All set!!!
60 degree wedge - done

What I’m struggling with is between the GW and 60

Currently I have 52,56 - the 56 is a waste of time - totally -

So I’m thinking of either putting my 53 in or picking up a SCOR 54 and then adding something like a Sure out or CI 3 wedge.

Im very inconsistent out of the sand - I could see having a club just for that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

2 hours ago, revkev said:

I’ve got 12 clubs locked into my bag right now.

Driver
5,7,9 wood
6-GW
All set!!!
60 degree wedge - done

What I’m struggling with is between the GW and 60

Currently I have 52,56 - the 56 is a waste of time - totally -

So I’m thinking of either putting my 53 in or picking up a SCOR 54 and then adding something like a Sure out or CI 3 wedge.

Im very inconsistent out of the sand - I could see having a club just for that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The new Mizuno E21. Is supposed to be magic out of the sand.  

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

After a visit from the PING rep today, a set of G425 with recoil are high on the list!! 

Anybody interested in a very lightly used set of 921 Hot Metal and Hot Metal Pros 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

After a visit from the PING rep today, a set of G425 with recoil are high on the list!! 

Anybody interested in a very lightly used set of 921 Hot Metal and Hot Metal Pros 😎

Blink twice if you saw the new iBlade.  And 3 times if you didn’t... 

• Like 2