What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It is a great time to be in the market for irons. Unless you just bought new irons and the shiny new ones like these Srixon's, that look spectacular, are making you jealous. For most of us that have new irons in the last 2-3 years, there is probably nothing out there that will effect our scores or even our individual shots. Increasing our enjoyment is a completely different subject!  🤪

Agree, but we love buying stuff 😂

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

9 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Agree, but we love buying stuff 😂

Except for some of us. Our spouses don't 😛

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It is a great time to be in the market for irons. Unless you just bought new irons and the shiny new ones like these Srixon's, that look spectacular, are making you jealous. For most of us that have new irons in the last 2-3 years, there is probably nothing out there that will effect our scores or even our individual shots. Increasing our enjoyment is a completely different subject!  🤪

Well, thanks in part to you and the review, I am still loving my Titleist T100 -S irons!

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Which model and length are you looking for? Will keep an eye out for you.

Thanks!

This is what I was fit into from club champion at 34":
2018 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 Putter

• Like 1

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Thinking about an inexpensive mallet putter to mess around with over the winter. All of my putters are blades and I'm curious to see if a mallet would help me improve my putting. I notice that my putter head will twist on me a few times per round and mess with my start line, wondering if a larger & heavier head would help quiet things down.

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

Desperately in need of new wedges

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (14.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :mizuno-small: MP18 SC - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :mizuno-small: MP18 - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 - X100

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) 

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

5 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Thinking about an inexpensive mallet putter to mess around with over the winter. All of my putters are blades and I'm curious to see if a mallet would help me improve my putting. I notice that my putter head will twist on me a few times per round and mess with my start line, wondering if a larger & heavier head would help quiet things down.

Check out CPOs sale right now. 30% your whole order i believe

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

I'm starting to think very seriously about Edison Wedges - dear Santa.....

• Like 4

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Check out CPOs sale right now. 30% your whole order i believe

I hate getting those sale emails from CPO, Rockbottom & 2nd Swing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Me too! Its like nothing I have is shiny enough 

• Like 1

It's been quite a while since I looked at golf equipment, something over which I once obsessed.

For decades.

I hated the last generation of gear that I window shopped, so I imagine that I'd like the newer stuff even less.

Have they gotten to the 1-iron lofted lob wedge yet?  Are the drivers over 600cc in head volume?

Louisville Golf makes some nice hickory shafted stuff, though.

If I were still physically able to play, I'd probably try that.

I'm sure that I'd really suck even as a healthy 74-year-old player, so the gear would be irrelevant.

I'd go with whatever looked pretty to me, probably the best thing to do when you're a geriatric.

Happy late fall playing, my old linkster friends!

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Rockbottom and 2ndswing are never good enough deals for me. CPO can be good. It's all about the Quickshipgolf and Ksouth9 on ebay. Bought a full set of irons and then traded them in immediately for like 150% more lol. Bought them only for the purpose of trading in.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

I'm close to switching out my 3 wood for a 3 hybrid.  I just do not use the 3 wood that often.  Mostly on Par 5's I can get to the green or very close with my 2 hybrid and feel like I have much more control.  Potentially down the road as I lose some distance, I will switch things back up, but I have a gap from around 215 - 230 and I think a 3 hybrid would fit perfectly there.

Likely would get a similar set up to my current 2 hybrid.  Titleist 818 H2 with Tensei Blue X stiff shaft.  

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Putters. Going through a little struggle with short putting so getting a new putter is always the first thought. [emoji2957]

Actually working on my stroke and redoing a lot of the basic fundamental checks that my instructor went through. Also considering a mass putter sell off and finding a new putter to match my needs.

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Putters. Going through a little struggle with short putting so getting a new putter is always the first thought. emoji2957.png

Actually working on my stroke and redoing a lot of the basic fundamental checks that my instructor went through. Also considering a mass putter sell off and finding a new putter to match my needs.

I’m in the market 😂

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Rockbottom and 2ndswing are never good enough deals for me. CPO can be good. It's all about the Quickshipgolf and Ksouth9 on ebay. Bought a full set of irons and then traded them in immediately for like 150% more lol. Bought them only for the purpose of trading in.

I have to “Hunt” for good deals, LH equipment can be hard to find.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

27 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I have to “Hunt” for good deals, LH equipment can be hard to find

You got that right!  Sometimes it can be a benefit since there are less people shopping for lefty, but that is rare and usually it's lack of options.

• Like 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, juspoole said:

I'm close to switching out my 3 wood for a 3 hybrid.  I just do not use the 3 wood that often.  Mostly on Par 5's I can get to the green or very close with my 2 hybrid and feel like I have much more control.  Potentially down the road as I lose some distance, I will switch things back up, but I have a gap from around 215 - 230 and I think a 3 hybrid would fit perfectly there.

Likely would get a similar set up to my current 2 hybrid.  Titleist 818 H2 with Tensei Blue X stiff shaft.  

... That is what I did when I added the Super Hybrid to my bag. I find it a cross between a hybrid and fairway wood and the best of both worlds. A little longer shaft than a hybrid and a little shorter than a fw. I hit it between my 5 wood and 3 wood for distance so it is a nice compromise. When I get to Phoenix this winter it will be interesting too see if I keep it or go back to my 3 wood since the desert produces so much more roll. 

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... That is what I did when I added the Super Hybrid to my bag. I find it a cross between a hybrid and fairway wood and the best of both worlds. A little longer shaft than a hybrid and a little shorter than a fw. I hit it between my 5 wood and 3 wood for distance so it is a nice compromise. When I get to Phoenix this winter it will be interesting too see if I keep it or go back to my 3 wood since the desert produces so much more roll. 

I still bag a 3 wood even though I may go a round without using it largely for shot-shaping reasons.  If I absolutely have to have a draw, I trust I can hit one with a 3 wood a little easier than with driver.  Other than that I do find myself lamenting what sometimes feels like a wasted spot in the bag.

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

46 minutes ago, chisag said:

I gotta try one of these... sounds intriguing.

• Like 1

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it.