What equipment are you thinking about?

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

You've got to elaborate on that bro...

Put in a low bid on a srixon combo set of irons. Its likely a flip, would rather have a set of more forgiving Srixon irons (i.e. Z 585)

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny story, I was at GG last weekend waiting to hit the the Demo T400 they had just gotten in.  The sales rep goes to the guy in line before me and asks what can he help him with.    Customer: "

... I am pretty sure this applies to 99.9% of our posts here. 🤪

Picked up a set of these today (4-10) with the Vizard Graphite shaft.  At 85gr,  the shafts may be a little light,  but I wanted to give graphite a try.  Gotta figure out gapping for the bag;  even th

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Put in a low bid on a srixon combo set of irons. Its likely a flip, would rather have a set of more forgiving Srixon irons (i.e. Z 585)

If you win keep em. One way to learn consistency is to play harder clubs and grow into them. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

If you win keep em. One way to learn consistency is to play harder clubs and grow into them. 

If i do keep them, definitely pulling the shaft and selling them. Tour issue X100 is definitely not my jam LOL

• Like 1

Updated 12/27/2020

Just now, dlow206 said:

If i do keep them, definitely pulling the shaft and selling them. Tour issue X100 is definitely not my jam LOL

you can send those my way, that’s my wedge shaft. 

maybe i’d put them in my classic wilson blades. 

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: SIM 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

If you flip them, ill try them out before buying to check out the V sole. 😉

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

3 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

If you flip them, ill try them out before buying to check out the V sole. 😉

Oh for sure. No reason not to try them out. They are used anyway.

Updated 12/27/2020

16 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

... Sorry and not singling you out, but this has always been a pet peeve of mine. Unless you are just mentally lazy, playing the most forgiving clubs you can effectively play is always your best option. You get better by making better swings with better contact. Clubs are designed to do certain things well and IF you grow into GI's from SGI's and PI's from GI's as a natural progression of how you swing, there is certainly nothing wrong with that. If you are hitting your GI irons too high or with too much spin but making excellent contact, it might be a good idea to move into a PI that allows more control.

... But skipping ahead and thinking playing more difficult to hit irons will make you a better ball striker is completely backwards thinking. We can see with the advent of Players Distance irons that are more forgiving that quite a few playing something like a Titleist Forged 620 CB moving to T100-S or even T100 with great results, which of course is moving in the opposite direction from more difficult to hit to more forgiving. Golf is an extremely difficult game to play and making it easier, not harder is always a good idea. 

• Like 6

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Sorry and not singling you out, but this has always been a pet peeve of mine. Unless you are just mentally lazy, playing the most forgiving clubs you can effectively play is always your best option. You get better by making better swings with better contact. Clubs are designed to do certain things well and IF you grow into GI's from SGI's and PI's from GI's as a natural progression of how you swing, there is certainly nothing wrong with that. If you are hitting your GI irons too high or with too much spin but making excellent contact, it might be a good idea to move into a PI that allows more control.

... But skipping ahead and thinking playing more difficult to hit irons will make you a better ball striker is completely backwards thinking. We can see with the advent of Players Distance irons that are more forgiving that quite a few playing something like a Titleist Forged 620 CB moving to T100-S or even T100 with great results, which of course is moving in the opposite direction from more difficult to hit to more forgiving. Golf is an extremely difficult game to play and making it easier, not harder is always a good idea. 

that really makes sense. Thank you for pointing that out. I appreciate it as I thought opposite.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

I agree with this, and likely why i will flip the clubs im bidding on.

• Like 3

Updated 12/27/2020

Man, there is a set of z785 with c-taper stiff calling my name. I too would like a combo but man those might be too hard to pass up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Man, there is a set of z785 with c-taper stiff calling my name. I too would like a combo but man those might be too hard to pass up.

The bid on the combo set i was looking at went above what i wanted to pay, so i let it go. But there are some good deals to be had on the 85 series Srixon irons.

• Like 1

Updated 12/27/2020

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

agree to disagree completely here. 

there’s a million ways to skin this cat, but it’s my long held belief that if you want to improve in any sport, playing a level up will only accelerate your game. 

mishit forgiveness and added distance are great, but they’re bandaids for inconsistencies. narrowing the sweet spot and forcing better swings will ultimately make someone who is determined to improve a better golfer. 

the same can be seen in baseball with wood vs metal bats, or in basketball with graduated 3pt lines  

now, if someone wants to enjoy the game casually and drop a few strokes without putting in too much work - that’s where i think the magic of more forgiving clubs comes in to play. 

but for someone who’s gonna go to the range a few times a week and take lessons over the winter in the hopes of swinging better and delivering the club face more consistently, there’s no downside to playing clubs a level up 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

there’s a million ways to skin this cat, but it’s my long held belief that if you want to improve in any sport, playing a level up will only accelerate your game. 

mishit forgiveness and added distance are great, but they’re bandaids for inconsistencies. narrowing the sweet spot and forcing better swings will ultimately make someone who is determined to improve a better golfer. 

the same can be seen in baseball with wood vs metal bats, or in basketball with graduated 3pt lines  

now, if someone wants to enjoy the game casually and drop a few strokes without putting in too much work - that’s where i think the magic of more forgiving clubs comes in to play. 

but for someone who’s gonna go to the range a few times a week and take lessons over the winter in the hopes of swinging better and delivering the club face more consistently, there’s no downside to playing clubs a level up 

I guess to your point I am in both camps with my current set as it is progressive and the short to mid are more players and the longer more GI

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rbsiedsc said:

I guess to your point I am in both camps with my current set as it is progressive and the short to mid are more players and the longer more GI

i think that setup fits a lot of people. there’s certainly no one right or wrong way to do things. 

my opinion is just that - an opinion. but it’s an approach that’s worked well for me across my life in sports 

• Like 1

going to really try to commit to an armlock putter over the winter.

my stroke has been very wrist-y and I miss long, short, left, right... 🤣

forget the Scotty or Evnroll... I'm going to try something radical.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | SC Newport 3

15 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

Wood bats were the best thing I ever did in baseball, I never wanted to feel that earthquake in my bones again. I was not a great hitter (was a pitcher) but once I hit the wood it kind of clicked.

Has not fully translated in golf but overall decent ball striker and I enjoy the duality of players distance irons. I think I will eventually try to play some MB's of some sort but I am a firm believer in practicing that swing and ball striking and if you can be a good striker why wouldn't you go with the ball striking club?

• Like 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Wood bats were the best thing I ever did in baseball, I never wanted to feel that earthquake in my bones again. I was not a great hitter (was a pitcher) but once I hit the wood it kind of clicked.

Has not fully translated in golf but overall decent ball striker and I enjoy the duality of players distance irons. I think I will eventually try to play some MB's of some sort but I am a firm believer in practicing that swing and ball striking and if you can be a good striker why wouldn't you go with the ball striking club?

RE: the basketball analogy, I think that you reach a point of diminishing returns.

The 3 point line can be a true weapon for smaller players who are good shooters but there comes a point where shooting pct drops off after it is moved too far back.

I think golf is similar to that in a way. I've played the entire gamut of clubs and realize that - from a personal standpoint - there are certain qualities and properties that hit that sweet spot. Once I start to go outside of that zone then things get ... uncomfortable ...

• Like 6

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | SC Newport 3

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

RE: the basketball analogy, I think that you reach a point of diminishing returns.

The 3 point line can be a true weapon for smaller players who are good shooters but there comes a point where shooting pct drops off after it is moved too far back.

I think golf is similar to that in a way. I've played the entire gamut of clubs and realize that - from a personal standpoint - there are certain qualities and properties that hit that sweet spot. Once I start to go outside of that zone then things get ... uncomfortable ...

I think everyone has their limits in that aspect, where a club can get you over the hill and that certain clubs will not be good for a certain person. For me personally I know (if I had the time anyway) to really focus on the swing and making contact I am pretty confident I could get there. But for now players distance is the money maker.

• Like 3

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

... This is a mantra perpetuated on WRX from high index players looking for an excuse to play MB's. If you are shooting 3 pointers and missing the rim, moving further back to make it more difficult is not going to help your accuracy. If you are missing pitches or fouling them off, moving to a wood bat is not gonna make you a better contact hitter. Of course if you are already pretty good at these things, fine tuning by making it more difficult is a viable option. I taught a wide range of golfers full time for 5 years. I learned teaching golfers of all index's, ages and athletic abilities that it is really very simple. Make it as easy as you possible can. For the vast majority of golfers, making bad swings, making poor contact and hitting bad shots will not improve by moving to a more demanding club AND hitting shots even worse can really do a physiological number on your head. Success courts success and failure courts failure. 

... That said, we are all individuals and all of us are different so there are always exceptions. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... This is a mantra perpetuated on WRX from high index players looking for an excuse to play MB's. If you are shooting 3 pointers and missing the rim, moving further back to make it more difficult is not going to help your accuracy. If you are missing pitches or fouling them off, moving to a wood bat is not gonna make you a better contact hitter. Of course if you are already pretty good at these things, fine tuning by making it more difficult is a viable option. I taught a wide range of golfers full time for 5 years. I learned teaching golfers of all index's, ages and athletic abilities that it is really very simple. Make it as easy as you possible can. For the vast majority of golfers, making bad swings, making poor contact and hitting bad shots will not improve by moving to a more demanding club AND hitting shots even worse can really do a physiological number on your head. Success courts success and failure courts failure. 

... That said, we are all individuals and all of us are different so there are always exceptions. 

agree here.

no clubs, no matter how forgiving, will fix bad swings. 

if that’s where you’re at, then the money will be made fixing the swing first. 

i’m speaking a lot from my own experience here. i’m currently a high handicapper, but my swing coach fit me into T100 irons because my athletic ability and swing speed will have that index dropping pretty rapidly. 

i tried G410 irons out and had a 7i carrying 210-215. i flat out didn’t need the kind of help that GI irons offered. 

i think there’s definitely a lot of people who fall into my camp who can benefit from playing “harder clubs”. i’m thinking about good athletes with plus swing speed. 

• Like 2