What equipment are you thinking about?

Our Sponsors

16 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I will be replacing my Dynacraft driving iron with a New Level Golf NLU-01 driving iron. Just waiting for the call from McGolf Custom Clubs that the head is in.

Let us know how the DI is. I have the pxg 0311x 2i but am maybe looking to go down to a 19* NL in steel

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny story, I was at GG last weekend waiting to hit the the Demo T400 they had just gotten in.  The sales rep goes to the guy in line before me and asks what can he help him with.    Customer: "

Picked up a set of these today (4-10) with the Vizard Graphite shaft.  At 85gr,  the shafts may be a little light,  but I wanted to give graphite a try.  Gotta figure out gapping for the bag;  even th

... I am pretty sure this applies to 99.9% of our posts here. 🤪

Posted Images

Pars and Stripes Xtreme somehow seems like a match made in heaven with forgiveness and ventus. I need to stop day dreaming 

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Pars and Stripes Xtreme somehow seems like a match made in heaven with forgiveness and ventus. I need to stop day dreaming 

You sound like me, full of random ideas lol

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

You sound like me, full of random ideas lol

Think that's a lot of us on here.  Me, still thinking about SIM DHY, SM8s...

• Hmmm 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Think that's a lot of us on here.  Me, still thinking about SIM DHY, SM8s...

Think i need to finally post my SIM DHY 3 up for sale, not sure if i will ever use it

Updated 12/27/2020

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Think i need to finally post my SIM DHY 3 up for sale, not sure if i will ever use it

Have to ask, how did you end up with it in the first place then?  Tinkering?

• Haha 1

Have to ask, how did you end up with it in the first place then?  Tinkering?

Yeah, after a random round where I decided i couldn't hit regular hybrids very well. Too much of an impulse purchase.

• Like 1

Updated 12/27/2020

Just now, dlow206 said:

Yeah, after a random round where I decided i couldn't hit regular hybrids very well. Too much of an impulse purchase.

I'm sure many of us have done that, myself included.  For me, especially in that part of the bag...5 wood, hybrid, utility iron, I always seem to be tinkering there.

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I'm sure many of us have done that, myself included.  For me, especially in that part of the bag...5 wood, hybrid, utility iron, I always seem to be tinkering there.

I am tempted to switch up to 2 DHY and 3 UI from either sub70 or new level since i suck with FWs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

I am tempted to switch up to 2 DHY and 3 UI from either sub70 or new level since i suck with FWs

Definitely something to get fitted for of course.  Part of my affection for the SIM DHY is that I had one of the old Adams DHY's and loved it, wish I still had it.  I tend to hate all things TaylorMade too, but willing to try this one...

Definitely something to get fitted for of course.  Part of my affection for the SIM DHY is that I had one of the old Adams DHY's and loved it, wish I still had it.  I tend to hate all things TaylorMade too, but willing to try this one...

... For me the performance of the Adams Dhy was pretty darned good, but I never warmed up to the unusual shape, especially off the tee. The TaylorMade Dhy looks much more like an iron at address and is one of my favorite clubs from both the tee and fairway. With the right shaft, it is silly long and straight. I tend to hook hybrids, which of course is a personal issue not a fault of the hybrid, but for me the Dhy #3 is like a forgiving long iron on steroids.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... For me the performance of the Adams Dhy was pretty darned good, but I never warmed up to the unusual shape, especially off the tee. The TaylorMade Dhy looks much more like an iron at address and is one of my favorite clubs from both the tee and fairway. With the right shaft, it is silly long and straight. I tend to hook hybrids, which of course is a personal issue not a fault of the hybrid, but for me the Dhy #3 is like a forgiving long iron on steroids.  

Yeah, you've sold me...I'm about a week away from pulling the trigger on a 22 degree.

• Like 4

This is a rerun but I am back to thinking about a 16* again.   Being a helpful sort back in December I made room in GolfSpy_CG2's stash bag and picked up one of his cast off's, a very nice Callaway Mavrik 4W.  I got to use it maybe twice and really liked it before I noticed it gone from my bag.  Magically it appeared in SWMBO's bag.  I may hold off until Spring because if the pattern holds it may be a free agent again by then!  😄

I am also reading reviews of the Mevo.....  uh oh......  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I can’t get Srixon out of my head

• Like 4

its all good. helps i love her too bits and we have been through a lot, so i owe her a lot

Spoken like a man who knows how to keep the peace!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Driver... I want one... I've got one... but I NEED another one.  I hear this is a good year to go shopping.  😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am thinking about (doesn't mean I am considering buying) the following new Project X shaft.

https://www.truetemper.com/products/hzrdus-smoke-im10/

"iM10the the first Project X shaft to feature Hexcel's incredibly unique iM10 carbon fiber, a very high modulus (stiff) and very high strength carbon fiber allowing for new possibilities in golf shaft design. Because of this, iM10 delivers the stability expected from the lowest launching Tour shafts, but in a playable mid launch/spin design that is available in multiple weights and flexes - providing a variety of options to best suit your game."

• Like 1

Updated 12/27/2020

My Cobra F7 irons have probably seen their better days and I’m rocking a 5 year old Callaway Driver....so both of those are up for replacement this year

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 1/7/2021 at 1:07 PM, blackngold_blood said:

No I can’t golf right now. No I haven’t even received my TSI3 driver head yet (will be here Tuesday).  Yes I’m thinking about another driver!

The PXG 0211 9* driver shafted with a PX Hzrdus Smoke RDX Blue 60 6.0 playing 44.5”. Back weight replaced with a 5g weight and 5g hot melt added low and forward.  

I can see it every time I close my eyes! Someone please help me! Lol

I haven’t purchased yet but I think a 0211 3 wood may also find its way on the order sheet!

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

On 1/15/2021 at 8:52 PM, dlow206 said:

I am thinking about (doesn't mean I am considering buying) the following new Project X shaft.

https://www.truetemper.com/products/hzrdus-smoke-im10/

"iM10the the first Project X shaft to feature Hexcel's incredibly unique iM10 carbon fiber, a very high modulus (stiff) and very high strength carbon fiber allowing for new possibilities in golf shaft design. Because of this, iM10 delivers the stability expected from the lowest launching Tour shafts, but in a playable mid launch/spin design that is available in multiple weights and flexes - providing a variety of options to best suit your game."

I'd go for it...they had me at the words "incredibly unique"  !!  😆

This time of year is dangerous for me, I think I need a support group session.....I find myself reading the classifieds that are already sold just to see what I missed out on!  

• Like 6

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.