What equipment are you thinking about?

I  need to amend this post.  The Copper King Tours have their place on the list to the PXG Gen3 XP. 

The only question is do I, i mean can I wait the most likely 4  more weeks or so that think it will take to get my swing strength —such as it was—back and go for a proper fitting.  Or do i go internet golfer and say, I can self fit and just order.  

We all know the correct answer to that, and we all know the likely answer to that [emoji51]

Serious question:

How often do you get fit to a different bend profiles? If we are to believe that things like the mizuno shaft optimizer are good, couldn’t you know your best 3 shafts and pick from those available from the OEM and be 90% there?

Do your static elements change between club styles? Thinking length/lie angle here.

In all the fittings I’ve had I ended up -1/2 and 2 flat on irons. And shafts tend to be softer in the handle and tip stiff.

Either way we know you’re ordering soon. But it also could be interesting to see just how different your results are now while you’re working your way back up to 100%, but I don’t think I would order based on that info.
  • Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny story, I was at GG last weekend waiting to hit the the Demo T400 they had just gotten in.  The sales rep goes to the guy in line before me and asks what can he help him with.    Customer: "

Thinking about switching putters. Finished up most wanted blade Putter testing last week and started mallet putters yesterday. My results from yesterday compared to my results from blade putters see

Picked up a set of these today (4-10) with the Vizard Graphite shaft.  At 85gr,  the shafts may be a little light,  but I wanted to give graphite a try.  Gotta figure out gapping for the bag;  even th

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Serious question:

How often do you get fit to a different bend profiles? If we are to believe that things like the mizuno shaft optimizer are good, couldn’t you know your best 3 shafts and pick from those available from the OEM and be 90% there?

Do your static elements change between club styles? Thinking length/lie angle here.

In all the fittings I’ve had I ended up -1/2 and 2 flat on irons. And shafts tend to be softer in the handle and tip stiff.

Either way we know you’re ordering soon. But it also could be interesting to see just how different your results are now while you’re working your way back up to 100%, but I don’t think I would order based on that info.

Things like head weight, blade length, and center of gravity all influence how a shaft can bend/feel during a swing 

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1
Just now, jlukes said:

Things like head weight, blade length, and center of gravity all influence how a shaft can bend/feel during a swing 

I get that part of it 100%. What I’m curious about is more does he ever get fit into two significantly different profiles.

I’d like to know that for some one who has tried that much of the parameters change a lot or if it’s generally similar profiles he’s getting fit into. Especially at non-tour speeds. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

17 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I  need to amend this post.  The Copper King Tours have their place on the list to the PXG Gen3 XP. 

My response would be Gen4.   IMO, they are significantly better than the earlier models. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

40 minutes ago, cnosil said:

My response would be Gen4.   IMO, they are significantly better than the earlier models. 

Well since there is no info out on them, but I’m always interested to hear what you think, if you’ve tested them yet. 
I think the launch date is next week. 

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well since there is no info out on them, but I’m always interested to hear what you think, if you’ve tested them yet. 
I think the launch date is next week. 

I have tried the model in the players distance category.   All prior generations were hook machines (at least for me) and that could probably be fixed with a fitting but the new models have a new weight design (you can see it on their page) that eliminates that hook bias.  I think they have a better feel as well.   phillip and I were talking about them and he seems to agree that they are much better and people seem to be getting better performance. 

• Like 1

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Serious question:

Tough to answer accurately.  I havent been fit with the Mizuno analyzer in about 3 years.  

My last two OEM fittings resulted in polar opposite results. One put me in graphite Senior shafts and the other in steel regular.

The shafts I’ve had my best results with are Modus 105 in Regular and Recoil 760 in F3. 

My KBS fitting came out with TGI 70 in stiff.  

I’m very intrigued by the MMT 70 which is offered in the Gen3.  I hear very good things about those shafts. 

Length i seem to be pretty dialed in at 37.75 (1/4) long in most OEM and 1 degree up  although again, I’ve had fitters show anywhere from 1” long to even 1/4 inch short.

If nothing else that shows one of two things  

1) The difference in quality of fitters

2) As a 16 to 18 HC, my swing varies with the wind 😬

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I have tried the model in the players distance category.   All prior generations were hook machines (at least for me) and that could probably be fixed with a fitting but the new models have a new weight design (you can see it on their page) that eliminates that hook bias.  I think they have a better feel as well.   phillip and I were talking about them and he seems to agree that they are much better and people seem to be getting better performance. 

Well. I am one who doesn’t mind and needs a bit or right to left help. 

i have seem the new weight design.  They look nice. But i actually like the looks of the Gen3.  

I’ll definitely be reading the MGS piece upon launch  

• Like 2

What equipment am i thinking about? Thinking about my Odyssey #7 arm lock. I already own it, but sent the head off to be modified. Will be getting the insert switched out to a custom aluminum insert. Can't wait until that thing comes back, my putting has been bad. 

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

10 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You can compromise and do over the phone fitting with pxg fitters. 

Actually if I don’t go in person, I’ll absolutely do the phone fitting.  With them being able to tailor the head weights to offset club length and mid size grips to keep the desired SW, you’d be foolish not to. 

• Like 3

Need a second pair of spiked shoes. My current pair have been deemed the "winter" shoes. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Updated 4/27/2021

I need to go back to soft spiked shoes.  The spikeless options are okay, but I feel like I slip around some occasionally.  

I also want to try a Newport 2 putter (or similar design).  I've been in a mallet for 4+ years now.

Sun Mountain 4.5 LS 14-way / Cobra F9 PX HZRDUS Black 65 6.5 / Srixon Z F85 PX HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 / Srixon Z H85 19* MCA Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX / SRIXON Z965 4-PW DG TI X100 / Cleveland RTX-4 50,54,60 DG TI S400 / Cleveland 2016 HB #1

Still thinking of going Motore X in the driver... hit the F1 6X in a Radspeed and loved the feeling at transition and impact. 

now also Reconsidering swapping iron shafts from the Project X LZ 6.5 to the Modus 120x. I made the mistake of hitting them in the forged Tec heads today. IDIOT!

also wish Callaway had better/more shaft options in the fitting cart. I did not care for the MMT 6X in the Epic Max LS. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

also wish Callaway had better/more shaft options in the fitting cart. I did not care for the MMT 6X in the Epic Max LS. 

I have heard the MMT feels extremely boardy. Correct? I know we have a similar feel for shafts.

I was leaning toward blind buying an MMT to try in the Mavrik but backed off when I read some comments on feel. I will admit the MMT parallel tips in my hybrids feel different than the taper tips in the utility and irons.

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.3 (Last Updated May 18, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I have heard the MMT feels extremely boardy. Correct? I know we have a similar feel for shafts.
I was leaning toward blind buying an MMT to try in the Mavrik but backed off when I read some comments on feel. I will admit the MMT parallel tips in my hybrids feel different than the taper tips in the utility and irons.

Yeah boardy for sure. I couldn’t get a good feel at transition with it. I hit some bombs with it too, I think it had 3 of the longest 4 between that and the Radspeed. And it was a 9* head but I was getting plenty of launch.

I’d love to test it with a Motore X. I’ll have to see if their fitting studio has more options. Didn’t get to poke in there.

With the Motore X and Tensei Pro White before that I always felt a good load in transition and hit through the ball. The Ventus a little less so, but it is very stable. I was
Not getting that consistently with the MMT.
  • Like 1

Reading what everyone says about shaft feel, i think i have the worse sense of feel. I don't really feel anything shaft related at any point in the swing until impact. And at impact, i feel that it either had a kick or didn't. 

• Like 3

Updated 4/27/2021

I have an unopened box of ZX5s, ZX7 and an appointment for Radspeed One Length fitting next month.  Yet I put a set of the KING Tour Copper irons in the cart on my Cobra account.   Oh and of course a RAD Stand bag is there as well. 

So when are heading down my way this year. We need another round. ...and you are welcome to bring any unopened boxes as well.

Using a Cobra F8 with MItsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland Zipcore 50*, 54* & 58* wedges & EVNROLL E-6R putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Reading what everyone says about shaft feel, i think i have the worse sense of feel. I don't really feel anything shaft related at any point in the swing until impact. And at impact, i feel that it either had a kick or didn't. 

I am like you,  I don't feel the shaft or club during the swing. 

I'm looking at grabbing a new bag but stuck between going with TM Flextech or Ping Hoofer Lite. Needs to fix better than my Ogio on my clicgear 8 does so that's why i narrowed it down to these two.

13 minutes ago, ACA_619 said:

I'm looking at grabbing a new bag but stuck between going with TM Flextech or Ping Hoofer Lite. Needs to fix better than my Ogio on my clicgear 8 does so that's why i narrowed it down to these two.

Of the two flextech IMO. The original one worked well on my bag boy as well as a golf cart. Plus lots of storage 

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1