Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

@McGolfhas me thinking about upgrading my putter shaft again.  

Makes me wonder if the improvements come from the stiffness and lower torque of the shaft and if other graphite shafts would have the same benefits.   Is a Diamana, Fuji, UST, LA Golf, PXG, or other shaft going to give similar benefits?  Does this apply to both light and heavier putter heads?   

The big thing holding me back is I need to commit to a putter. 😂

Damn you. I was about to buy a df with a steel shaft but now wondering if I should get a Mezz max with an accra. Gah!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

30 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Damn you. I was about to buy a df with a steel shaft but now wondering if I should get a Mezz max with an accra. Gah!

I think that is the shaft that LAB recommends.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

46 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think that is the shaft that LAB recommends.  

Watched many reviews the shaft doesn’t matter in the lab. Can anyone else chime in?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

13 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Watched many reviews the shaft doesn’t matter in the lab. Can anyone else chime in?

That is the big question about all these upgraded shafts, do they make a difference.  Some will say yes and some will say no.  The question should also be how much does it matter 

based on the Lab page about shafts it seems they recommend upgrading.  The subtitle of the article states: “IT’S ABOUT FEEL AND PERFORMANCE”

https://labgolf.com/choosing-the-right-putter-shaft/

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I would tend to say once you're into a putter shaft around the 1 degree of torque area, it will come down to feel and it will be a big factor.

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

57 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

It is going to come down do the individuals feel - but for me I can notice a big difference in putter shafts.  The two ping PLD putters that I have, one has graphite and one has steel, feel and sound DRASTICALLY different to me.  I am extremely sensitive to weight, balance and torque so I learned I need to be careful regarding putter shafts.  Something I never thought I would have to do - and it is the main reason I haven't swapped in a Stability shaft or anything else on my existing flat sticks; unless I can demo an identical setup, I am not going to spend $200 on something that I might hate

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Screenshot_2023-01-18-13-39-56-59_c5e9df54579e079a02c8b2b4118820e8~2.jpg

Can't decide on this one. Don't need a new putter but these are hard to find so you all will make the decision for me.

10 Likes and I buy it. 7 hours till the listing closes.

Should never ask me, I’ll like everything!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Can't decide on this one. Don't need a new putter but these are hard to find so you all will make the decision for me.

Have one .. love it!

Double check this listing, though .. in the pics it looks like the head is mounted backwards... 😝

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

@McGolfhas me thinking about upgrading my putter shaft again.

Holy Smokes that video has me thinking about a trip out to (Ohio is it?) for a putter fitting on that very cool Capto whizbangthingie!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

55 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

So I am pretty sure the ChipR is going to be on the sidelines to start the season.  Going to go with 13 clubs and then determine, unscientifically, what I should do with the free spot.

I'm thinking that might be where we are at with my Smart Sole, although I do have an idea for club 14 right now

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

46 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

It is going to come down do the individuals feel - but for me I can notice a big difference in putter shafts.  The two ping PLD putters that I have, one has graphite and one has steel, feel and sound DRASTICALLY different to me.  I am extremely sensitive to weight, balance and torque so I learned I need to be careful regarding putter shafts.  Something I never thought I would have to do - and it is the main reason I haven't swapped in a Stability shaft or anything else on my existing flat sticks; unless I can demo an identical setup, I am not going to spend $200 on something that I might hate

... I have a long smooth putting stroke. The shaft is moving so slowly I can't see how a shaft can effect performance. But of course FEEL is another story altogether. If a putter feels balanced to me, I can putt with it. That said, not many are and I imagine that is a product of many different things like you mentioned including weight, torque and length. I can stroke 10 putters at a golf store and only one or two feel balanced for my stroke. But I just don't think shaft materials and construction can make a difference for a club moving so slowly. As always confidence is the most important factor in putting and if a high tech shaft gives you confidence it will be worth any price. That said the problem arises if that confidence was just buoyed by using something new and a few bad putting days has you questioning your purchase. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 8/1/2016 at 12:17 PM, PlaidJacket said:

I bought some new spikes for my shoes today? Does that count?

Oh, and on side note.... there was a Titleist driver of some type in the golf shop today. Sorry but I didn't take a pic or recall what model it was. It had a brushed metallic looking crown and the sticker price was $999.99!! If anyone is interested I'd bet they'll ship it for free.

That’s probably a C16. Not worth anything close to 999.99! They were a concept driver Titleist produced 7 years ago. They were in the neighborhood of 599.99 way back then. They were basically a 917 with a little extra bling. And….they were spinny, short, and sounded like crap. I wanted one soooo bad!

TSR2  9* Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

TRS2 15* Ventus Velocore Red 7S

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 PX 6.0

Vokey SM6 Raw 48F/SM8 50F/56M/60M

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

Cobra Aero-thingy has peaked my interest. Anyone looking for a mint TSR2 9* with a Ventus Blue 6S (Velocore)?? 😂. I’m so bad…but I will sell it!! 

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

1 hour ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

So I am pretty sure the ChipR is going to be on the sidelines to start the season.  Going to go with 13 clubs and then determine, unscientifically, what I should do with the free spot.

... This is one of the reasons I love golf forums. Willing to go outside the box to see how it might effect your game. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I always enjoy reading a players experience. 

13 minutes ago, chisag said:

... This is one of the reasons I love golf forums. Willing to go outside the box to see how it might effect your game. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I always enjoy reading a players experience. 

The best thing to come from my ChipR experiment is going from 4 wedges to 3.  I went from PW (45), 50, 54, 60 to PW, 52, 58.

I find having only the 52 and 58 really simplify my decision making around the greens and forces me to commit to a shot.  With the 50, 54, 60 - I often found myself getting too fixated on the club selection and not focusing on the shot execution.

Chip or pitch with more runout - 52

Chip or pitch with more carry - 58

Long greenside bunker shot - 52

Short greenside bunker shot - 58

The ChipR also taught me how to hit a toe-down chip shot.  It forced me to stand more vertical, hold the club more upright and take more of a putting stroke.  I am now able to use that setup and stroke with my 7 iron up through my 58 -- it was something I was previously uncomfortable with.

26 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

The best thing to come from my ChipR experiment is going from 4 wedges to 3.  I went from PW (45), 50, 54, 60 to PW, 52, 58.

I find having only the 52 and 58 really simplify my decision making around the greens and forces me to commit to a shot.  With the 50, 54, 60 - I often found myself getting too fixated on the club selection and not focusing on the shot execution.

Chip or pitch with more runout - 52

Chip or pitch with more carry - 58

Long greenside bunker shot - 52

Short greenside bunker shot - 58

The ChipR also taught me how to hit a toe-down chip shot.  It forced me to stand more vertical, hold the club more upright and take more of a putting stroke.  I am now able to use that setup and stroke with my 7 iron up through my 58 -- it was something I was previously uncomfortable with.

I went 52 and 58 about 10 years ago. Never looked back. I can open, or hood, both of them and have all the shots I need to play with. Simplified my thought process a lot. I would be between 56 and 60 a lot. Now it’s just 58 and how do I want to play this.

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Have one .. love it!

Double check this listing, though .. in the pics it looks like the head is mounted backwards... 😝

looks OK to me😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Looks like I am safe! Only another 40 minutes or so till it closes and under the 10 so now we get to see if it gets reposted!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I have a long smooth putting stroke. The shaft is moving so slowly I can't see how a shaft can affect performance. But of course FEEL is another story altogether. If a putter feels balanced to me, I can putt with it. That said, not many are and I imagine that is a product of many different things like you mentioned including weight, torque and length. I can stroke 10 putters at a golf store and only one or two feel balanced for my stroke. But I just don't think shaft materials and construction can make a difference for a club moving so slowly. As always confidence is the most important factor in putting and if a high tech shaft gives you confidence it will be worth any price. That said the problem arises if that confidence was just buoyed by using something new and a few bad putting days has you questioning your purchase. 🤪

Agree with everything you said here except that shafts can make a difference.  

Everything you have said is a big part of what is brought up in the debate about putter shafts.  The topic has gotten brought up more now probably due to the cost of these shafts and the ability to measure the putting stroke and ball.  Even before the stability type shafts there have been different flexes/profiles in putter shafts.   Look at TP Mills and the pencil shaft or Tiger with the YSC and Headspeed shafts which were more flexible and designed to increase feel.  While we don’t move the putter fast, there is still  variation in how the putter swings and our ability to consistently deliver the putter face within fractions of a degree.   I agree that confidence is important, but doesn’t performance help drive confidence and if a shaft could give you the feel you wanted and close your putting dispersion pattern wouldn’t that be beneficial?    The flip-side is how does it impact your feel and does that actually make you perform worse.    Hence why I go back and forth but with new offerings coming out in the $100 range maybe it is worth a try 🤪

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Looks like I am safe! Only another 40 minutes or so till it closes and under the 10 so now we get to see if it gets reposted!

... It's always the last 30 seconds you have to worry about. Thankfully I have been saved from an impulse purchase many times by someone else's app that swoops in and out bids everyone else in the last 5 seconds. 🤑

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Agree with everything you said here except that shafts can make a difference.  

Everything you have said is a big part of what is brought up in the debate about putter shafts.  The topic has gotten brought up more now probably due to the cost of these shafts and the ability to measure the putting stroke and ball.  Even before the stability type shafts there have been different flexes/profiles in putter shafts.   Look at TP Mills and the pencil shaft or Tiger with the YSC and Headspeed shafts which were more flexible and designed to increase feel.  While we don’t move the putter fast, there is still  variation in how the putter swings and our ability to consistently deliver the putter face within fractions of a degree.   I agree that confidence is important, but doesn’t performance help drive confidence and if a shaft could give you the feel you wanted and close your putting dispersion pattern wouldn’t that be beneficial?    The flip-side is how does it impact your feel and does that actually make you perform worse.    Hence why I go back and forth but with new offerings coming out in the $100 range maybe it is worth a try 🤪

... I should have said "at least for me" and imagine it is true for many others as well. But I am not so ignorant or stubborn as to think the technology involved in current putter shafts is irrelevant to every putter. Or simply they would not spend so much money on R&D nor would those whose lively hood depend on making putts explore different putter shaft materials and construction if there were not some benefits.

...Perhaps a tour player may find a Stability shaft increases their accuracy by 4% and over an entire season that could be huge. For an average am, 4% could mean 4 more putts holed in an entire season which would mean nothing where it could make the difference between making a cut or missing one on tour. And as an equipment junkie I would love to spend a few hours with all the technology available, trying all the different shafts and see if I could find a quantifiable difference. My feeling is it would not, but I certainly could be wrong. Since putting is the strongest part of my game I spend my time on other aspects of equipment that at least has the potential to make an impact on my game. 

Didn't pull the trigger on the Evnroll... but it also didn't sell so it was reposted so now I have another week to make the decision... hmmm

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

So all of a sudden I'm thinking hard about a Jet Black SM9 T Grind...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I'm looking the looks and the tech of that new Miz S23 wedge (and that copper cobalt finish looks pretty nice) hmmmmmm

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Couldn't help myself. I booked a fitting for this weekend to hit the Paradym line. I was texting my coach, who's a Callaway staffer, and he saw noticeable (2-3 MPH) ball speed gains with the Paradym Triple Diamond over his Rogue ST equivalent. I'm also liking the "more accuracy down range" story that Callaway is pushing.

Booked at the local shop, not Club Champion. For $80 I figured it was worth my time just to see what worked best. He thinks I should be in the Triple Diamond, my brain tells me standard Paradym, but I have questions on loft regardless. I've lowered my AoA a little bit since last year (closer to zero now than +4) trying to get some more consistency, but now my 9 degree head launches a little low and if my Mevo+ is to be believed, I hit low spin knuckleballs sometimes.

I won't lie. Unless I'm totally underwhelmed by the numbers I will probably be placing an order Sunday evening. 😂

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

14 minutes ago, edingc said:

Couldn't help myself. I booked a fitting for this weekend to hit the Paradym line. I was texting my coach, who's a Callaway staffer, and he saw noticeable (2-3 MPH) ball speed gains with the Paradym Triple Diamond over his Rogue ST equivalent. I'm also liking the "more accuracy down range" story that Callaway is pushing.

Booked at the local shop, not Club Champion. For $80 I figured it was worth my time just to see what worked best. He thinks I should be in the Triple Diamond, my brain tells me standard Paradym, but I have questions on loft regardless. I've lowered my AoA a little bit since last year (closer to zero now than +4) trying to get some more consistency, but now my 9 degree head launches a little low and if my Mevo+ is to be believed, I hit low spin knuckleballs sometime.

I won't lie. Unless I'm totally underwhelmed by the numbers I will probably be placing an order Sunday evening. 😂

... Like the reasons to play golf and scoring not even on some lists, there are many reason to purchase new clubs and performance isn't necessarily one of them. One player may jump at the chance of 2.5 more yards and 5% better dispersion while the next may just hang on to their Cobra Fly Z that has served them well. But since this is an equipment forum, I think most love hearing about a new purchase and the follow up after playing it. Looking forward to hearing about your fitting! 

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Like the reasons to play golf and scoring not even on some lists, there are many reason to purchase new clubs and performance isn't necessarily one of them. One player may jump at the chance of 2.5 more yards and 5% better dispersion while the next may just hang on to their Cobra Fly Z that has served them well. But since this is an equipment forum, I think most love hearing about a new purchase and the follow up after playing it. Looking forward to hearing about your fitting! 

In my case, as I mentioned in the equipment biases thread, I am forever grateful to Callaway and the MGS forums/mods for the opportunity to test the Epic Flash driver back in 2019 as my first ever review here. Callaway (and Cobra, Maxfli, Edel) will always get preferential treatment from me moving forward. 👍

And who doesn't love trying new things... $80 is worth my time on Trackman alone.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver