Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I am starting to get the urge to just do a full bag fitting... because why not?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Teetering on the brink of adding a low loft iron to the set, have a 16 deg 3 wood gapping to a 24 deg 4 hybrid.   Really want a low lofted iron I can use to hit narrow fairways, and am balefully eyeing up a titleist U500 in 20 deg.....I have space in the bag as am only carrying 13 clubs.   Marketing hype tells me I should get the U510 to launch higher, but I want it to launch lower, as really what i want it for his to hit stingers and nothing else. 

Titleist TSi2 Driver + 3w, Evenflow white

Titleist 3 Hybrid 23 deg

Irons Titleist 5-PW, T200

Wedges Vokey 46/52/58

Current WHS 10.6, lowest 6.5, low round 71 GR

8 hours ago, Mike B said:

I am aiming to get new wedges. Looking at Sub 70 equipment. They have a store front that does fitting here in town. Any thoughts on their equipment?

I am a fan ("fanboy" if you will) of their irons/wedges. No regrets with my purchases.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

My wife and I toured Maple Chase Golf and Country Club here in Winston-Salem yesterday. Not equipment, but thinking about joining.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

On 2/9/2023 at 7:58 AM, Mike B said:

I am aiming to get new wedges. Looking at Sub 70 equipment. They have a store front that does fitting here in town. Any thoughts on their equipment?

I like their equipment as well. Irons, wedges, hybrids are in my bag. Been looking at the new wedges (TAIII Forged) they just came out with as well.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

If I can get to the course and play 2 rounds within a week, I'm going to go test some irons.  923 hmp and forged, paradym, cobra tour forged... at a minimum

I just stopped in at Golf Galaxy at lunch, and put the 923 HMP and the Forged on the ground next to each other (didn't hit a ball... yet), and not sure there is enough aesthetic difference for me to care about... a little thicker top line and a little more offset on the HMP of course... but enough to sway me... no.  It will come down to feel and numbers.  Maybe the HMP is the winner from Mizuno to go against the other company's front runners... BTW... it was very hard for me not to fall in love with the look of the Tours... actually... too late.  I just know I would be leaving better scoring on the rack by choosing them.   I'm not young and stupid anymore (aka playing blades from the tips).

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

not sure there is enough aesthetic difference for me to care about... a little thicker top line and a little more offset on the HMP of course... but enough to sway me... no.  

As I go through the irons as part of most wanted testing the clubs look major and more alike as long as you stay in the same category.  I am sure if you really study them you see differences, aside from looking at the cavity, but like you said they are all basically the same.   Some people may be more put off by thinks like offset and top line thickness,  it to me they all look close enough to consider them to be the same. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

As I go through the irons as part of most wanted testing the clubs look major and more alike as long as you stay in the same category.  I am sure if you really study them you see differences, aside from looking at the cavity, but like you said they are all basically the same.   Some people may be more put off by thinks like offset and top line thickness,  it to me they all look close enough to consider them to be the same. 

... Being an iron connoisseur is a curse. What a club looks like in my bag isn't a factor for me. But top line, leading edge, over all shape, size and especially hosel grind really need to look good to my eye at address. But yea, performance is very similar in all iron categories these days. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I’m kind of in pride swallowing mode this year. I just got fit for new irons with a brand agnostic approach that saw me land in P790s with much stiffer shafts than my previous set. I tried four different irons and they were the most forgiving, the longest, and second best on dispersion. I still spin 790 plenty and the yardage gain is too much to ignore. It was only Callaway Apex that gave me a tighter left to right dispersion but front to back was similar. But there was a 10yd difference with similar spin numbers and higher launch. 
Given it’s where I’ve landed I’m looking at accepting help elsewhere. 
My ego says get a 3 wood that is a bomber and get on those par 5s in two more often, but my head says keep the G425 Max 5 wood and get a 7 wood behind it. I have a 3 hybrid now but it’s a passenger a lot of the time because I draw the ball and it’s prone to drawing and drawing and drawing! 

The year I need to get those big numbers off the card. I shot in the 70s multiple times in the summer when I kept the same ball in play for 18 holes. I need to keep that mentality. 

I also play a Napa bladed style putter and my long distance putting suffers on slow greens. I feel like my attachment to that putter costs me a stroke here or there. 

MW

Driver: Ping G425 Max - Kai'li 60

Fairways: Ping G425 Max - Aldila Rogue White MSI 80

Irons: Taylormade P790 - Project X LZ 6.5

Wedges: PM Grind 54, 60 - KBS Tour S

Alright I finally got to see pretty much all the new drivers in person today. Not a lot of time to browse as we were rushed so hitting was definitely out too. Of all the new ones 3 caught my eye in the looks department. Cally 8* Paradym TD, Mizuno ST-X 230, and the Wilson Staff DynaPower carbon.  All 3 looked better to my eye than the Srixon ZX5 LS but that’s in part of my love for the carbon fiber look. All 3 had a deeper face which I also prefer. The zx7 mkii also had a slightly deeper face but looked similar enough to me that it’s a wash with the zx5 LS. 

If performance is equal the Callaway will be in the bag with the autoflex as it looked the best to my eye with the other 2 behind but definitely ahead of the Srixon. However I will find a way to give all 3 a shot to dethrone the zx5 LS. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

After the performance during my first outing with the TSR2+ 3 Wood yesterday.... I am strongly considering a new shaft for my TSR3 Driver.  

Graphite Design Tour AD -  UB-5 in R1 flex

image.png

Not sure if it will outperform my current O-PH install... but it felt GOOD in the 3 wood!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Still struggled with my 4 & 5 irons last season so I’m contemplating looking into a hybrid. Stopped at the local golf dealer today just to look at used options but nothing tickled my fancy. May have to stop back in to hit a few new ones and see how it goes. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

16 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Still struggled with my 4 & 5 irons last season so I’m contemplating looking into a hybrid. Stopped at the local golf dealer today just to look at used options but nothing tickled my fancy. May have to stop back in to hit a few new ones and see how it goes. 

Par, like you  I felt like I was not hitting my 4 & 5 irons well.  So I had tried several Hybrids, ended up taking out the 4 iron and replacing with Apex - 21 degree 4H.  It's adjustable up 2 or down 1 degrees.  Have mine set at 22 degree. After trying the UST Mamaiya Recoil Dart 75H F4shaft in it, I was sold. Best thing I ever done. Easier to hit than the 4i and more versatile use. Hybrid technology today is great. 

For my 5i I just reshafted taking out the Elevate 105S steel, replacing with Aerotech Steelfiber shaft - 110cw S and really like it.  

Good Luck! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

1 hour ago, tdroma98 said:

Par, like you  I felt like I was not hitting my 4 & 5 irons well.  So I had tried several Hybrids, ended up taking out the 4 iron and replacing with Apex - 21 degree 4H.  It's adjustable up 2 or down 1 degrees.  Have mine set at 22 degree. After trying the UST Mamaiya Recoil Dart 75H F4shaft in it, I was sold. Best thing I ever done. Easier to hit than the 4i and more versatile use. Hybrid technology today is great. 

For my 5i I just reshafted taking out the Elevate 105S steel, replacing with Aerotech Steelfiber shaft - 110cw S and really like it.  

Good Luck! 

Thanks for the input! A 4H in the 22° area is exactly what I’ve been contemplating. Sounds like I may just need to talk with the local fitter about hitting some hybrids and see what we come up with. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

52 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Thanks for the input! A 4H in the 22° area is exactly what I’ve been contemplating. Sounds like I may just need to talk with the local fitter about hitting some hybrids and see what we come up with. 

If it helps, I purchased the Apex with the 21 degree setting, then played with the lofts to see what was most effective.  I kept the setting at 21 degrees for several rounds (with neutral bias, then draw bias) & range time. Then changed setting to 22 degrees testing same, neutral & draw bias. My intent was to keep at 21 degrees, but found the 22 degrees - neutral bias setting really worked well for me.  As we get more rain and courses soften, I feel confident I can take advantage of the 21 degree setting to offset the soft conditions. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Still waiting to try the new Callaway and TM drivers, but I really like the numbers and the look of the TSR3 with a GD Tour AD 5S shaft.  

Sadly it’s very pricey…  🤣

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Finally wore SWMBO down, and I’m now officially shopping for a cart bag.  Have used a stand bag forever but I’m primarily a push cart guy now, and I’m tired of the rattling and twisting.

I have an old Clicgear 3.0 push cart; going to be looking for a good 14-way full-length divider bag.  I’m actually looking at a few with 15 slots for the alignments sticks, Orange Whip, etc.

Leaning towards Sun Mountain C-130, but open to suggestions. (Yes, I’m aware of the MGS Most Wanted for bags that just came out.)

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Finally wore SWMBO down, and I’m now officially shopping for a cart bag.  Have used a stand bag forever but I’m primarily a push cart guy now, and I’m tired of the rattling and twisting.

I have an old Clicgear 3.0 push cart; going to be looking for a good 14-way full-length divider bag.  I’m actually looking at a few with 15 slots for the alignments sticks, Orange Whip, etc.

Leaning towards Sun Mountain C-130, but open to suggestions. (Yes, I’m aware of the MGS Most Wanted for bags that just came out.)

I'm a fan of the full length 14 way dividers. I'm not trying to suggest a bag but rather suggest a layout of the dividers. Since you will be on a pushcart look for a layout similar to the Bag Boy Chiller. All the dividers run straight across. You also have a separate putter well. Some types have the club dividers offset to compact the diameter of the bag some. This makes it very difficult to get clubs in and out on the angle the bad sits. I've been using the Motocaddy bag and it has the offset dividers and I struggle with getting the clubs in and out. I'll probably go back to the Bag Boy Chiller but it is a larger cart bag. A bit to large but it works so much better.

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm a fan of the full length 14 way dividers. I'm not trying to suggest a bag but rather suggest a layout of the dividers. Since you will be on a pushcart look for a layout similar to the Bag Boy Chiller. All the dividers run straight across. You also have a separate putter well. Some types have the club dividers offset to compact the diameter of the bag some. This makes it very difficult to get clubs in and out on the angle the bad sits. I've been using the Motocaddy bag and it has the offset dividers and I struggle with getting the clubs in and out. I'll probably go back to the Bag Boy Chiller but it is a larger cart bag. A bit to large but it works so much better.

The Chiller bag is pretty good for the money.  Still have one.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Not a full blown cart bag but I love the ping traverse that I have. Plenty of space. Still pretty light (not full length dividers) but does a great job with club management.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Ordered this in a 6 and 9-iron to test against my current set. Very excited to see if they're as pretty in person as online. It'll be my first foray into the world of forged irons, which is pretty cool. 

3548475F-97E6-438F-A2AE-3C9186E68F73.jpeg

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Ordered this in a 6 and 9-iron to test against my current set. Very excited to see if they're as pretty in person as online. It'll be my first foray into the world of forged irons, which is pretty cool. 

3548475F-97E6-438F-A2AE-3C9186E68F73.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out and what you think of the "feel" of a forged iron!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Not a full blown cart bag but I love the ping traverse that I have. Plenty of space. Still pretty light (not full length dividers) but does a great job with club management.

I like to walk and my carrying days are over. Looking at cart bags for my pushcart. I do like the Traverse but would like full length dividers because my clubs get hung up in the 6-divider bag I have now. 

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

Nothing better for the mind and soul than waking & carrying!! If the bag gets to be took much one day.....will buy a lighter bag and carry less clubs. I'm also thinking that the continued development of a versatile and fully adjustable single club will mean that I can get out there just carrying one club and a sleeve of balls in my pocket! Seen a few on the market over the years, but have not tried one yet....maybe I'll check it out in '23!

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

11 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I know it's kind of silly, but I'm kind of averse to having a big "PING" logo on the side of my bag when I don't play any Ping clubs at all.  Dumb I know, but I'm dumb like that...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

28 minutes ago, Placasse61 said:

I like to walk and my carrying days are over. Looking at cart bags for my pushcart. I do like the Traverse but would like full length dividers because my clubs get hung up in the 6-divider bag I have now. 

The Traverse has been great for me Pete.  I like that I can set it up either direction (the top is flat, not sloped) so If I know I'm going to be riding in a cart for a number of rounds I can set it up like a more traditional cart back versus when I know I'll be walking and using my push cart.

I haven't had any clubs getting caught up.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I stopped into my local PGATSS yesterday, had them set up a couple of irons with similar specs to my gamer (which I had with me).  

I tried the JPX923 HMP and the Paradym X - 7 iron in Steel Reg.

They set the LM up with the green and pin at 155 yards (per my request).  

I started with the Mizuno and it felt good, comfortable, like an old friend (even though I'm currently playing the TM Stealth Irons).  My first swing was dead straight at the pin, landed just short and rolled to about 3 inches just past the cup.  The tech said... I guess you won't to test any more... you found your club.  My subsequent shots were equally nice in feel, though I didn't scare the hole again haha.  I grabbed my gamer and the shot patterns (shape, trajectory, spin, carry, total) were almost identical to the JPX.  So I was thinking... "well... do I just want a new set of sticks in the bag... and would be ok with similar performance, or should I just stay with what I have?"  Granted, it was early in the testing process, and my initial thought was based on just a few comparative swings on a mat into a net with LM data at the PGATSS... so I wasn't ready to make that decision yet.  

Then I tried the Paradym X.  Frist swing flew the virtual green.  carry was 165 and rolled to 170.  Second swing was a bit of a miss... off the toe, pulled left, landed at 150 and rolled out to 165 ish.   Hit the next shot square, and it launched with a little higher trajectory, landed just on the back of the green at 163 or so, and rolled out just a few more yards off the back.  I had the tech move the green back to 165, and proceeded to find the green with the next 5 or 6 shots.... all ending pin high.  Mis-hits were landing short and rolling up onto the green, solid shots were flying to the the center of the green and stopping.  My trajectory was good, and the spin was between 5K and 5.5K on the well struck shots.  

So... that is a long winded way to say... with the Paradym's hitting the shelves today... i am strongly considering doing a more in depth session (which would include testing the Paradym as well as the P-X) and possibly finding my irons for 2023 (or at least for the first half of 2023 haha).

The Paradym's lofts are a litte jacked up so when you are trying to compare irons to one another make sure you are comparing the same lofts. They had to add extra wedges into the lineup to compensate.  They have a gap wedge, then approach wedge then the PW at 41 degrees. PW's used to be around 46 degrees. But everyone is doing the same thing to make you think you're hitting it much further.