Jump to content

What equipment are you thinking about?


jlukes

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, revkev said:

 


I’ve been a minister for 25 years and heard lots of confessions in that time. I feel very safe I saying that you weren’t altruistic, that even those with the purest of motives have ulterior ones that sneak in and that I too may have made a similar move to this one during the course of my marriage. 🙂

I’d go Rapsodo BTW


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

Rapsodo is at the top of my list, but I am not sure if net mode works with regular iPad's, I almost believe you have to have a pro. Thank you for the reminder, I need to email them and find out for sure. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hovland’s bag at the Zurich... i59, and new forged wedges. Man. Can’t wait to see what Ping has in-store for us in a few months!!!

DC7785F5-3351-4845-BE12-F190B483AA80.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may or may not have almost convinced my wife on the potential of a LAB putter....

  • Like 5

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a callaway 3 wood, steelhead plus. See if I can hit a 3 wood off the tee, better than my driver. Driver going way right, and can't seem to get it to go  down the fairway. Got it at callaway pre- owned at a great price.

 

  • Like 3

Tommy Armour TA -1 driver

2 hybrid

 Adams 3 hy

Tommy Armour 4hy

Adams 5 hy

STi-2 irons 6-GW

Acer 52 & 54 wedges

Northwestern 19 blade putter

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, revkev said:

 


I’ve been a minister for 25 years and heard lots of confessions in that time. I feel very safe I saying that you weren’t altruistic, that even those with the purest of motives have ulterior ones that sneak in and that I too may have made a similar move to this one during the course of my marriage. 🙂

I’d go Rapsodo BTW


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

Mevo runs with Android.

WITB:

Nothing presently.  I'm doing a full rebuild soon after my golfer's elbow heals and I get a full fitting.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I could play today, I'd keep my Mizuno Fli Hi II 18º dedicated driving iron,

my weaker lofted [21º] fairway wood [Top Flite Intimidator 400],

and go with one of my non-offset putters.

Those would all be hard to replace clubs that I really liked.

That leaves eleven new sticks to choose.

I'd  pick a new 12º driver from among the major contenders.

For a stronger [18º] fairway wood, I like the Mavrik Sub Zero a lot, looking at it.

For irons, maybe the Titleist T100 irons, although I would order the 48º T100S wedge instead of the 46º T100 PW.

With SM8 wedges at 54 and 60º, that would give me even six degree increments from 9-iron down.

A little wide, but makes club choice less daunting.

What do you think?

 

 

 

 

Edited by NiftyNiblick
  • Like 3

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

I believe the part that need quoting is "corner" do all the extra clubs actually fit in one corner. 🤔

LOL..If we are being exact, the corner expands to about four feet on each side.  But who's counting..ha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Rapsodo is at the top of my list, but I am not sure if net mode works with regular iPad's, I almost believe you have to have a pro. Thank you for the reminder, I need to email them and find out for sure. 

I think you are right,  I think it needs to be I Pad Pro Gen 2 or later.  You can join their FB page there is a lot of conersation on there abouut them.   And staff will jump in and answer.   If you're going to use it outside primarily,  I'd go Rapsodo,, if it's going to be inside mostly, the MEVO eems to better.  I hve he Rapsodo and use it 100% outside an have had no problem with using it on my I phone 7+

2 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I may or may not have almost convinced my wife on the potential of a LAB putter....

Didn't you just get picked for a putter test 😀

I guess it would give you somethng new to compare it too!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just returned home from Dicks with a PING Sigma 2 Anser Platinum Putter.  I bought a Top Flite 2020 Gamer Blade 1 Putter for $59.00 bucks and have been gaming it on and off.  The plumber's neck hosel has really surprised me.  I'd putt well with it and then set it aside to see if my high dollar putters could hang. Dayummmm that ole cheap putter kept knocking the big boys on their butts!  Anyways I'm drooling like a coon pup on his first Friday night treeing waiting to see if the Ping can hang with the homeboy.   Maiden voyage tomorrow for the Anser Platinum. 

So now I have three mallets and two blade putters.  I'm a lucky man!

 


 

TopflightPutter.jpg

PingPutter.jpg

  • Like 7

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Didn't you just get picked for a putter test 😀

I guess it would give you somethng new to compare it too!

Yes I was. I am keeping my commitment. If it doesn’t work I have a fall back potentially. Really looking forward to the test still

  • Like 5

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Speaking of putters OG. 

I still can't get my mind off the Odyssey Two Ball Ten.  But as I've said before, I have a nex SC Phantom that hasn't had the plastic taken off yet, and guess I need to give that a go first.   Possibly 🙂

 

Well I'm thinking that Odyssey Two Ball Ten will slip in the hind door one of these days.  It's a strong putter and one of my favorites!

  • Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think you are right,  I think it needs to be I Pad Pro Gen 2 or later.  You can join their FB page there is a lot of conersation on there abouut them.   And staff will jump in and answer.   If you're going to use it outside primarily,  I'd go Rapsodo,, if it's going to be inside mostly, the MEVO eems to better.  I hve he Rapsodo and use it 100% outside an have had no problem with using it on my I phone 7+

Didn't you just get picked for a putter test 😀

I guess it would give you somethng new to compare it too!

The main kicker is I want it mostly for hitting into the net and that's not supported on the iPad I so altruisticly bought for my wife. I should have done a little better research on which one to buy before getting it. Good thing is, she loves the iPad for drawing, so I'm happy she is enjoying it. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Yes I was. I am keeping my commitment. If it doesn’t work I have a fall back potentially. Really looking forward to the test still

What putter are you testing?

I think the LABs are cool, but got fit for a SeeMore instead... I also did a free Edel fitting with our assistant pro before he had to send his cart back to them... It was interesting!

The best part of the SeeMore fitting was spending time with Cody... he knows his stuff and was more than happy to help me with my overall putting... I walked out with more knowledge than I walked in with... (And a hat... and some ball marks... and a receipt for a new putter).

My putting last year was historically bad... every part of my game was going well except my putting... I hit 10 greens in a row one round and had two 3 putts and 8 2 putts... 2 over after 10 GIR. I started putting with my eyes closed and it didn't HURT my putting... so I've been on the road to redemption since then... I don't think SeeMore is the only answer, but I do like what they make... I like the RST and the center shaft... I'm not sure why center shafted stuff isn't more commonly available... (it looks weird, but I think it putts great). Oh well.

  • Like 3

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, myherobobhope said:

What putter are you testing?

I think the LABs are cool, but got fit for a SeeMore instead... I also did a free Edel fitting with our assistant pro before he had to send his cart back to them... It was interesting!

The best part of the SeeMore fitting was spending time with Cody... he knows his stuff and was more than happy to help me with my overall putting... I walked out with more knowledge than I walked in with... (And a hat... and some ball marks... and a receipt for a new putter).

My putting last year was historically bad... every part of my game was going well except my putting... I hit 10 greens in a row one round and had two 3 putts and 8 2 putts... 2 over after 10 GIR. I started putting with my eyes closed and it didn't HURT my putting... so I've been on the road to redemption since then... I don't think SeeMore is the only answer, but I do like what they make... I like the RST and the center shaft... I'm not sure why center shafted stuff isn't more commonly available... (it looks weird, but I think it putts great). Oh well.

Tommy armour impact forum testing

  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Speaking of putters OG. 

I still can't get my mind off the Odyssey Two Ball Ten.  But as I've said before, I have a nex SC Phantom that hasn't had the plastic taken off yet, and guess I need to give that a go first.   Possibly 🙂

 

So had my maiden voyage today with the Stroke Lab Ten and man did I putt well...but even while putting I kept thinking how much better it would be if I was staring down at a two ball lined haha

  • Like 4

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I may or may not have almost convinced my wife on the potential of a LAB putter....

If you buy one, buy one with the shaft that you want, rather than going cheaper now. Otherwise you are going to wonder in your head if the upgraded shaft would have been better. 

  • Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PMookie said:

Hovland’s bag at the Zurich... i59, and new forged wedges. Man. Can’t wait to see what Ping has in-store for us in a few months!!!

DC7785F5-3351-4845-BE12-F190B483AA80.jpeg

Those are not ugly.  That Glide wedge... 😳love it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Tommy armour impact forum testing

Very cool... I was looking at those based on the testing here... 

it’s been nice to see the Tommy armour brand on quality equipment again.

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will be getting an electric push cart but deciding which one. Right now im leaning stewart

  • Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...