What equipment are you thinking about?

35 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

No but I am presuming the play more like x100 instead of KBS tour

Says hardly used

They play stiff.

Kuchar played the i95 stiff in 2010 and snedeker still plays the i95 in stiff. 

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny story, I was at GG last weekend waiting to hit the the Demo T400 they had just gotten in.  The sales rep goes to the guy in line before me and asks what can he help him with.    Customer: "

... I am pretty sure this applies to 99.9% of our posts here. 🤪

Thinking about switching putters. Finished up most wanted blade Putter testing last week and started mallet putters yesterday. My results from yesterday compared to my results from blade putters see

Posted Images

Thinking about blast motion sensor. Specifically for putting more than anything. 

• Like 2

:tour-edge: C721 7.5° Driver with Ventus Velocore Black 7x

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG X100 soft stepped

:callaway-small: MD4 48°, MD5 52°, 56°, 60°

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV 2021

:titelist-small: Hybrid 14-way Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 Rangefinder

2 hours ago, analyticandrew said:

Thinking about blast motion sensor. Specifically for putting more than anything. 

I’m glad you posted this. I’ve had one for years and haven’t used it at all. I just downloaded the app and now they have more data for the full swing, and they have short game/bunker data! I need to get mine charged and get to work!

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

work boredom has gotten to me. built a 12 club sub70 set that was the same price as just my irons. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

Thinking about being fit for MP20MMC/HMB combo. 

But, the MMC 7i looked weird at address.  Topline is blade like, but the offset is very much JPX.   Whether that's the case in actual mm or not, that's how it looked to my eye.  

I need a shot at hitting them outdoors somehow.  Maybe I'll split between 7/8 as the HMB didn't have this weird look, maybe just get all HMB or something else entirely, LOL.  

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:              Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020: Tested :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021: Testing :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

i need to stay away from TXGs youtube page 😛 

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

Stilll thinking about Hybrids, or well the Hybrid spot in my bag.  I hit an absolute gem of a second shot after a poor drive on a par 5 on Sunday.  It ended up going 210 with a high draw out of the rough.  The only problem was it drew about 10-15 yards more than I felt like it should have, and nearly missed the left side of the fairway and would have been lost down a 15 foot rock wall.  

A few holes later I was using it off the tee on a short downhill dogleg left, set up down the right side of the fairway to allow for the draw and BOOM!  Blocked it right.  It's not terrible for me, I just feel like there's a better fit out there for consistency.  

I might have to browse eBay later on... what's a guy to do?

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

6 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Stilll thinking about Hybrids, or well the Hybrid spot in my bag.  I hit an absolute gem of a second shot after a poor drive on a par 5 on Sunday.  It ended up going 210 with a high draw out of the rough.  The only problem was it drew about 10-15 yards more than I felt like it should have, and nearly missed the left side of the fairway and would have been lost down a 15 foot rock wall.  

A few holes later I was using it off the tee on a short downhill dogleg left, set up down the right side of the fairway to allow for the draw and BOOM!  Blocked it right.  It's not terrible for me, I just feel like there's a better fit out there for consistency.  

Coming out of the rough it’s possible that the rough grabbed the club and turned it over causing the hook.

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

26 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Coming out of the rough it’s possible that the rough grabbed the club and turned it over causing the hook.

Generally agree with you, but it’s been a pattern even off the tee. 

• Hmmm 1

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Have you looked at utility irons, or more iron-like clubs like the TM DHY?

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Have you looked at utility irons, or more iron-like clubs like the TM DHY?

I’ve thought about it. Need to hit them. My big issue is I get a lot of benefit from the launch and height of a hybrid so I’m not sure I’d get the same height out of the more iron like profiles. I tend to hit long irons low. 

• Like 1

Besides seeing what comes out from my driver fitting next week, think i am pretty content. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

On 4/28/2021 at 7:23 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I know this had been brought up in another post, but @GolfSpy Dave posted this on Twitter and has me chomping at the bit for that driver headcover. 

I can’t wait to buy one ! 

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Besides seeing what comes out from my driver fitting next week, think i am pretty content. 

And by content you mean for tonight or with the hour ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 minute ago, Nolan220 said:

I can’t wait to buy one ! 

Overheard today that they will be releasing them soon;  I think it was this week....friday???     They also said something about a phased release.  I really like mine;  you should definitely get one. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Overheard today that they will be releasing them soon;  I think it was this week....friday???     They also said something about a phased release.  I really like mine;  you should definitely get one. 

Oh nice ! Yeah hopefully I can get one before they sell out ..

• Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Thank you for that information! I've been checking the site daily hoping it'll release.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thank you for that information! I've been checking the site daily hoping it'll release.

Haha so have I 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I’ve thought about it. Need to hit them. My big issue is I get a lot of benefit from the launch and height of a hybrid so I’m not sure I’d get the same height out of the more iron like profiles. I tend to hit long irons low. 

Yeah, I hear you, really think the DHY in particular is worth a look.  No problem hitting it high, but it can be flighted low when you need it...plenty of built in help but still some workability.

• Like 3

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

13 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Yeah, I hear you, really think the DHY in particular is worth a look.  No problem hitting it high, but it can be flighted low when you need it...plenty of built in help but still some workability.

I’ll check it out!  Thanks for the recommendation.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

... piggy backing on getoffmylawn, the DHY looks like an iron at address if you ignore the back of the club but performs very much like a hybrid. It really is a cross between a hybrid and a driving iron giving you the advantages of both but the downside of neither. It naturally wants to launch high and land soft but can be flighted down when needed. Easy to hit from the fairway or light rough and it is absolute money off the tee. It really is my favorite club because it is so versatile. 

... It occupies a traditionally revolving spot In my bag replacing many hybrids and DI’s I have played and rotated depending on course or conditions. It is just silly long, especially off the ground for 2nd shots on par 5’s but when I absolutely have to find a fairway or need something other than a driver I am hitting my DHY. Granted a true DI will launch lower into a strong wind and a true hybrid will dig a ball out of deeper rough with more success, but those are two extreme uses for either club. 

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made RBZ Tour 21.5* ... Altus 85S
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)