TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

2 hours ago, Javs said:

I recommend trying the SQAIRZ Bolt shoes. Even more stable than the Footjoy and no blisters!

I have the sqairz and don't find them as comfortable as my FJ exwide Alphas. Toe bed is not as spacious as I would like. I wore the Alphas yesterday for the first time and I think they are my new go to in x wide for my flippers.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm thinking about grips to put on the Cobra's. I'm getting the Forged Tec X Black with KBS TGI 75 graphite shafts that are black and red. Currently they're going to have Golf Pride Tour Velvet black grips but I'm wanting to go with the black/red combo. It's simply aesthetics on my part because I think they'll look so good. 

I've narrowed it down to two choices:

Golf Pride MCC

Screenshot_20230430_162344-01.jpeg.1d7bc637144c2b3d64d0931553f32734.jpeg

Iomic Sticky Black Army 2.3

Screenshot_20230430_162507-01.jpeg.3eb761becd5ec7eb4c19280cd23b657f.jpeg

I'm leaning Golf Pride because I know what to expect and leaning Iomic because they just look so good. 

I’ve been using the MCC +4 for a few years now.  With the +4 I’m able to use Std 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Based solely on the fact that I have never played iomic, I would lean golf pride. However, there is some validity to trying the iomic, because the entire bag is trying something new.

1 minute ago, Javs said:

I have been a Golf Pride MCC fan. I love those grips. They perform and hold up great. However, if you go with the Iomic grips then I am very interested in your feedback!

I'm a fan of the MCC's they're currently on my driver and irons. I can't think of any negatives about them. I'm curious about the Iomic grips, com what I can tell they are like Winn DriTac grips and offer a lot of grip. I guess it's going to come down to which are in stock at the local golf shop. 

Thanks for the input guys! 

13 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm thinking about grips to put on the Cobra's. I'm getting the Forged Tec X Black with KBS TGI 75 graphite shafts that are black and red. Currently they're going to have Golf Pride Tour Velvet black grips but I'm wanting to go with the black/red combo. It's simply aesthetics on my part because I think they'll look so good. 

Golf Pride MCC

I'm leaning Golf Pride because I know what to expect and leaning Iomic because they just look so good. 

I have Iomic on my driver and hybrids and think they are great.  Wipe with a damp towel and the stickyness is back.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm a fan of the MCC's they're currently on my driver and irons. I can't think of any negatives about them. I'm curious about the Iomic grips, com what I can tell they are like Winn DriTac grips and offer a lot of grip. I guess it's going to come down to which are in stock at the local golf shop. 

Thanks for the input guys! 

The Iomic grips do look great but have to check them out.

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Golf Pride MCC

... I'll just add from years of personal experience, everything tends to fade away once you play new clubs for awhile. I used to agonize over all kinds of aesthetics and almost always removed the paint fill from my new irons for a clean look in the bag. I trimmed lead tape to blend in with the lines on the head. After many reviews with many different clubs it slowly became less important until it wasn't important at all. Performance over aesthetics every time. So I would suggest playing the Tour Velvet Black grips for awhile and see if they work well and you stop even noticing them before spending over $150 on new grips. 

... That said, nothing wrong at all with wanting your bag/equipment to look good to your eye if that is important to you or it just gives you a level of satisfaction and joy when looking at them. Especially if multiple color options are available with the best performing grips for your swing. 👍  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

18 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Golf Pride MCC

I wish I could get cool colored grips, I have such a problem with grip in these humid conditions that I have to use full cord grips. Basically leaves me with Tour Velvet Full Cord and ZGrip Cord. Tried the Lamkin counterparts and they weren't as good for me.

I have wanted to try Iomic but never have. Would definitely be interested in feedback if you go that way!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I'll just add from years of personal experience, everything tends to fade away once you play new clubs for awhile. I used to agonize over all kinds of aesthetics and almost always removed the paint fill from my new irons for a clean look in the bag. I trimmed lead tape to blend in with the lines on the head. After many reviews with many different clubs it slowly became less important until it wasn't important at all. Performance over aesthetics every time. So I would suggest playing the Tour Velvet Black grips for awhile and see if they work well and you stop even noticing them before spending over $150 on new grips. 

... That said, nothing wrong at all with wanting your bag/equipment to look good to your eye if that is important to you or it just gives you a level of satisfaction and joy when looking at them. Especially if multiple color options are available with the best performing grips for your swing. 👍  

Makes perfect sense.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

I’ve been using the MCC only because of them working for me in the FL weather patterns, especially the hot/humid days.

Rick

Left Hand, 

40 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Golf Pride MCC

I’d go GP, I love the MCC grips. Great feel and durability 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 minutes ago, chisag said:

I think you give some sage advice, Sam. I'm planning on playing the Tour Velvet to begin with to see if I like them better than I remember. Like @Rickp said, the humidity can get really bad and my hands tend to sweat a lot. I didn't start wearing a glove until a round I played after work where it was 95+ with high humidity, couldn't hardly hold on to the clubs. 

It's all still up for consideration, and I appreciate the advice. That's why I posted this, I love hearing takes on equipment. 

44 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’ve been using the MCC only because of them working for me in the FL weather patterns, especially the hot/humid days.

... Great grips if you use a glove and I wish every grip came in multiple color options, but of course the majority do not.  So not wanting to be a complete Buzzkill  🧐   I love my Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid grips and while not hideous looking, they could certainly benefit from a splash of color or just one color instead of the three tone gray/black with white stripes. Thy actually look pretty good with my Aerotech iron shafts but until a Price kisses them in their sleep, I guess I will live with the look on my more colorful shafts. 

LamkinGrips.JPG.aa821f2a64c148273c7abc4c7eae8a77.JPG

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Last week I was thinking about my putting stroke and how I warm up on the putting green with right (trail) hand only putts.  Then I saw video of Matt Kuchar's new right hand armlock puttering stroke.  The motion seems very similar to mine.  I don't armlock but I do have counter-balanced putter and use a piston stroke rather than a pendulum motion.  

My Ping putter is a little short for armlock but only by a few inches.  Of course the loft is wrong for Kuchar's new style of putting, but I have tried it with the ball just inside my right foot... not ideal, but I can make it work with decent results.  I would like to try a putter like Kuchar's, but Kuchar had Bettinardi custom make his, and I don't want to spend that much money even if they would make me one.

So, I'm on the lookout for a 400+ gram face-balanced mallet putter that I can bend to 0º loft and build to my specs.  Anyone besides me think this is a good idea?  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's the one reason I worry about the Iomic, I mentioned they reminded me of the Dri-Tac grips and they got chewed up quicker than I liked. 

A few guys I know love Iomic but they are hard to find up here.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Just had my alignment sticks I ordered off Amazon delivered today. Going to incorporate them into range work to try and train an in to out swing path. I get too over the top and then slam the face shut and come across the ball. Hoping I can improve that, specifically with my woods. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Last week I was thinking about my putting stroke and how I warm up on the putting green with right (trail) hand only putts.  Then I saw video of Matt Kuchar's new right hand armlock puttering stroke.  The motion seems very similar to mine.  I don't armlock but I do have counter-balanced putter and use a piston stroke rather than a pendulum motion.  

My Ping putter is a little short for armlock but only by a few inches.  Of course the loft is wrong for Kuchar's new style of putting, but I have tried it with the ball just inside my right foot... not ideal, but I can make it work with decent results.  I would like to try a putter like Kuchar's, but Kuchar had Bettinardi custom make his, and I don't want to spend that much money even if they would make me one.

So, I'm on the lookout for a 400+ gram face-balanced mallet putter that I can bend to 0º loft and build to my specs.  Anyone besides me think this is a good idea?  😂

Hmmm, oh boy, gotta think about this one.  I’m sure there will be few thoughts on this.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I can't get the Titleist TSR3 driver out of my head. I currently am rocking last year's Callaway Rogue Max LS which is a good driver. However, something about the look and timeless feel of a Titleist driver is something I want so bad. I know it wouldn't be financially feasible, but the driver is calling my name. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

A set of used Srixon ZX7 irons that I tried out on Friday. 4-AW with modus xstiff shafts. The price is right, but I want to swing them again before committing. Any strong opinions on Srixon irons floating around out here?

WITB:

D: TBD ??? 🤔

3w: :callaway-small: Paradym ♦️♦️♦️15° Hzrdus 6.0

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

4u:   :titleist-small:  T200 Utility Build 24° Hzrdus 6.0

5i:  :titleist-small: T200 25° Recoil 110 f4

6i-PW: :srixon-small: Z 765 28°-46° N.S Pro 1050 gh S

50°:   :vokey-small:SM-8 

54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: Toulon Designs Atlanta

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Bag:  Jones Trouper R stand bag 

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

I am down in some deep rabbit hole thinking about a complete bag overhaul. My irons (Ping Eye 2) were purchased used in ~1998, my Driver+Fairway Woods (Ping G2) were purchased new in 2004, and my Putter (Ping Sedona) was purchased ~2000. All have served me very well, but I think it is time.

I am currently looking at getting fit and some professional advice. I have Club Champion, PGA Superstore and GOLFTEC near me -- would love any reviews/recommendations from any forum members that have used any of these for fittings!

WITB:

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS Driver 10.5* (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS 5 Wood (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Untitled2.png.80d892461ed08eaa7fe955b28995d7e9.png Ping G430 22* Hybrid (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Red 80g 6.0 shaft

Untitled.png.5ecdabcbb4b233d7651619da934c3a6a.png Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-PW with KBS Tour Light R shafts

Edison.png.1b14460d57753ae667327c0f7d3399a9.png Edison 2.0 Wedges 51° 55° 59° with KBS Tour 110 R shafts

image.png.a072db0e36674771c57e6581a9a7be30.png L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX with LAB x Accra shaft

3 minutes ago, DRLEONARD58 said:

I am down in some deep rabbit hole thinking about a complete bag overhaul. My irons (Ping Eye 2) were purchased used in ~1998, my Driver+Fairway Woods (Ping G2) were purchased new in 2004, and my Putter (Ping Sedona) was purchased ~2000. All have served me very well, but I think it is time.

I am currently looking at getting fit and some professional advice. I have Club Champion, PGA Superstore and GOLFTEC near me -- would love any reviews/recommendations from any forum members that have used any of these for fittings!

I've been fit at both Club Champion and GOLFTEC.  The GOLFTEC fitting was a little too vanilla for me and didn't go far enough to explore every option, in my opinion.  The fitter didn't really take much time to get to know me, my goals, concerns, etc.  Club Champion was a GREAT experience for me, but they certainly do live up to their reputation of pushing you towards some expensive gear.

Wherever you go, I would encourage you to put aside which company you get your fitting from and instead focus on the individual fitter.  Both GOLFTEC and Club Champion sites will have the fitters resume or bio on their site, and I would guess you can get similar info on the individuals at PGASS.  Comb through Google reviews or even go into the potential locations and try and meet the potential fitter ahead of time.  The individual's ability and how well you can work with them is more important than the name on the building, in my opinion.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

9 minutes ago, DRLEONARD58 said:

i am currently looking at getting fit and some professional advice. I have Club Champion, PGA Superstore and GOLFTEC near me -- would love any reviews/recommendations from any forum members that have used any of these for fittings!

Leverage the search feature on the forum, there are multiple threads with reviews of these locations for purposes of fittings:

to kind of summarize:

• club champion - people seem to love them or hate them.  Factors include fitting quality which varies based on fitter, cost of clubs, quality of build, push for upcharge components, sales pressure. 
  • pGA superstore: depends on quality of fitter and which type of fitting is selected. Sticks to OEM available equipment.   
  • Golftec - same as PGA superstore.  

@DRLEONARD58

I've been in Club Champion for repairs and getting quotes, but I've never been fitted. One takeaway is they are expensive by design. They carry current model year only so full msrp is standard. This is perfect for someone who has that budget and is targeting an upgrade to the shiniest.

I found that philosophy clashes with not only my budget, but also my golf gear head personality. To think last year's demo isn't going to be the perfect club in a particular spot in the bag because the OEM released a Christmas $ grab dressed with different graphics or a Special Select Cameron loses its swingability when Super Select is released..

Me personally, were I to get fitted, I'd choose a PGA SS or Golf Galaxy where I could get the fitting numbers and have the entire vast selection of the big box store including pre-owned and previous model years.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

17 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I think you give some sage advice, Sam. I'm planning on playing the Tour Velvet to begin with to see if I like them better than I remember. Like @Rickp said, the humidity can get really bad and my hands tend to sweat a lot. I didn't start wearing a glove until a round I played after work where it was 95+ with high humidity, couldn't hardly hold on to the clubs. 

It's all still up for consideration, and I appreciate the advice. That's why I posted this, I love hearing takes on equipment. 

Mid Atlantic summers are very humid and I’ve never had any issues using mcc, ndmc grips from gp. I’ve had tour wrap on a couple sets and never had any issues with them either 

21 minutes ago, DRLEONARD58 said:

Glolftec has very limited selection and I personally would never go there for a fitting because of this plus it’s indoors which I don’t prefer 

club champion is a good option despite not liking indoors because they have a much larger selection, the chances of getting a good fitter is higher than golftec. But as cnosil mentioned there a lots of threads about club champion explaining their business model and what their preferences are for high end options and selling their build services.

pgasuperstore has two options. One is the basic fitting which the chances of getting a good fitter is low. They have a more detailed fitting via the tour van experience which is going to cost more but the chances of getting a good fitter is higher.

Since you are in northern VA there are options you may not have searched or aware of but westfields is one of the best fitters in the area. Also club doctor in DC. These are going to be your best options. Club champion in Fairfax would be third

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

18 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Mid Atlantic summers are very humid and I’ve never had any issues using mcc, ndmc grips from gp. I’ve had tour wrap on a couple sets and never had any issues with them either 

Glolftec has very limited selection and I personally would never go there for a fitting because of this plus it’s indoors which I don’t prefer 

club champion is a good option despite not liking indoors because they have a much larger selection, the chances of getting a good fitter is higher than golftec. But as cnosil mentioned there a lots of threads about club champion explaining their business model and what their preferences are for high end options and selling their build services.

pgasuperstore has two options. One is the basic fitting which the chances of getting a good fitter is low. They have a more detailed fitting via the tour van experience which is going to cost more but the chances of getting a good fitter is higher.

Since you are in northern VA there are options you may not have searched or aware of but westfields is one of the best fitters in the area. Also club doctor in DC. These are going to be your best options. Club champion in Fairfax would be third

Thank you @RickyBobby_PR! I had been doing some quick searching but wasn't casting a wide enough net I suppose! Thank you for pointing me to Westfields and Club Doctor -- I will check them both out.

WITB:

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS Driver 10.5* (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS 5 Wood (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Untitled2.png.80d892461ed08eaa7fe955b28995d7e9.png Ping G430 22* Hybrid (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Red 80g 6.0 shaft

Untitled.png.5ecdabcbb4b233d7651619da934c3a6a.png Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-PW with KBS Tour Light R shafts

Edison.png.1b14460d57753ae667327c0f7d3399a9.png Edison 2.0 Wedges 51° 55° 59° with KBS Tour 110 R shafts

image.png.a072db0e36674771c57e6581a9a7be30.png L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX with LAB x Accra shaft

Just purchased the Paradym X Driver, 9 degree with Hazrdous Black Stiff 60 gram shaft. Went with less torque in shaft.  
OH MY! I had tested the Paradym Triple Diamond, but did not like the sound off club. Went to Paradym X also because of the Draw Bias with the head.  In my opinion, Paradym X is head over heels better than the PXG 0211 I had purchased to replace Callaway GBB Sub Zero driver, which face cracked after 7 yrs! LOL.  

Also purchased Callaway Jaws Gap Wedge, with wedge flex shaft and like that club as well. 
Callaway had a great Trade-In special, 50% bonus for trading in for Paradym Clubs including driver. Traded Callaway Maverick Pro Irons & PXG Driver for the Paradym X Driver. Glad I did! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

I liked the All-in shaft but wasn't that sold with the Cleveland putters.    As a most wanted tester,  I get to test most putters in the market and there aren't that many with a hot face.  

For what its worth the newest line of frontline elite putters use a tungsten insert and I like it myself better than their other models

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Leverage the search feature on the forum, there are multiple threads with reviews of these locations for purposes of fittings:

to kind of summarize:

• club champion - people seem to love them or hate them.  Factors include fitting quality which varies based on fitter, cost of clubs, quality of build, push for upcharge components, sales pressure. 
  • pGA superstore: depends on quality of fitter and which type of fitting is selected. Sticks to OEM available equipment.   
  • Golftec - same as PGA superstore.  

Yes, you can get a good or a not so good fitter any any of those, which will of course impact the quality of your fitting....

The only thing I'd add is that Club Champion will have the most club and shaft options to choose from and test; while GolfTec has the fewest .. only the 5 largest OEM's and only the stock shaft offerings from each.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

23 hours ago, Muckinfiddle said:

I have the sqairz and don't find them as comfortable as my FJ exwide Alphas. Toe bed is not as spacious as I would like. I wore the Alphas yesterday for the first time and I think they are my new go to in x wide for my flippers.

Interesting as I have both shoes and prefer the SQAIRZ. I guess it comes down to foot shape and preference. 

Play like a champion today!