What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

Back in the market for golf shoes.  I did keep the one pair of Jordan ADG that I have not tried yet, so may try those.  Tongue is a little long and hits my shin and is a bit uncomfortable.  Tried the Footjoy Premiere for two rounds and my heel just slips out too much.  Tried the smaller size, but they are too tight.  

Tried on the Adidas XT 360 and they were extremely comfortable so may get a pair of those.  Just not sure yet.

Also hit the TSi3 again and had really good numbers and extremely tight dispersion.  17 yards from left to right after 8 shots.  274 average carry with 298 total and 2750 spin.  Definitely something to consider.

• Like 4

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

After another poor driving day only hitting 1 fairway, I got the big stick on my mind. So should it be the ST-Z or the Epic Speed?  Decisions Decisions 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

42 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

After another poor driving day only hitting 1 fairway, I got the big stick on my mind. So should it be the ST-Z or the Epic Speed?  Decisions Decisions 

Both seem to be getting great reviews... are you still hitting the Gen2 or something else now?

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Both seem to be getting great reviews... are you still hitting the Gen2 or something else now?

I have been playing the 0211 driver since the season started.  It had been longer and straighter than anything I had played up til now. All of a sudden I can't seem to hit it straight to save my life. I'm thinking a change in visuals may help. This is the life of the club ho

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

21 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have been playing the 0211 driver since the season started.  It had been longer and straighter than anything I had played up til now. All of a sudden I can't seem to hit it straight to save my life. I'm thinking a change in visuals may help. This is the life of the club ho

My inner ho says I’ve been wanting to try the 0211 🤣

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

11 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

My inner ho says I’ve been wanting to try the 0211 🤣

Well I may just have one for sale or trade very very soon!

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

My first round pick in fantasy football is on the table. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

My first round pick in fantasy football is on the table. 

I try not to mix club hoin' and my trade obsession otherwise I'd have no clubs or players! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just got an email this morning that my order from Srixon is on its way. They don’t tell you what’s coming, but the only thing left from my order back in March is my ZX5 4-5 irons. So, hopefully it’s both of them and not just one.

• Like 5
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

My buddy got an off-brand mallet putter and let me roll a few putts with it. It did feel really stable and easy to get started on line, I might need to get my hands on some mallets at the shop up the street and see if it can beat out my Evnroll

• Like 4

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

Toes are now hurting in the codechaos so looking at new shoes and really fancy the GFORE gallivanter. 

also fancy new wedges. 

• Like 2

"C'mon be good"

1 hour ago, PankaGolf said:

GFORE gallivanter.

Had a couple pairs of these last year, but ended up getting rid of them.  Comfortable shoes with very nice traction for a spikeless.  Word of caution, they are going to be very stiff compared to the codechaos and most other shoes for the matter.   Think of more of a dress shoe with a very comfortable insole.   Leather was soft and nice, but due to that creased very quickly as you can imagine.

• Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

13 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Watching closely 🧐

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

At Costco yesterday, I took a much close look at the wedges after reading a thread on the MGS forum. Pondering... Will likely give the KS gloves a shot next time I'm there...

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

4 hours ago, juspoole said:

Had a couple pairs of these last year, but ended up getting rid of them.  Comfortable shoes with very nice traction for a spikeless.  Word of caution, they are going to be very stiff compared to the codechaos and most other shoes for the matter.   Think of more of a dress shoe with a very comfortable insole.   Leather was soft and nice, but due to that creased very quickly as you can imagine.

The flex in the codechaos is I think what’s causing the pain later in a round! 

its the GFORE or footjoy premiere prefer the look these days. 

"C'mon be good"

Hit the TSi2 hybrid today with the Tensei White 90s shaft. The weight felt great and I didn’t have nearly as many left shots. But they didn’t feel as great if I was a touch heavy which the cobra’s rails really seem to help with. 

still, I think it might be worth experimenting with a used one or even give the TS3 a shot as I held the TSi3 and the shape was actually pretty good looking to me. 

also hit the Epic Max LS again. I just love the feel. But I don’t like the stock shaft offerings which makes it hard to tell about a fit. Might be time to book a real fitting and see how it stacks up. 

rolled a few putts with the ER5B as I’ve always been a fan of that shape but tend to stay with blade shapes. The new cobra putters are legit too, as is PINGs 2021 lineup. Not in the market for a putter, but for those that are there are so many good options. 

• Like 1

Close to giving up on hybrids. 

Previously, I struggled with long irons (i consider my 5 and maybe my 6 iron to be long irons), but have been able to hit those better naturally with swing improvements.

I feel like I just can't hit the ball well with a hybrid. Something about the hybrid, combined with how i swing the hybrid, makes me want to hit pull hooks, which is the complete opposite of my miss with irons which is usually a push. 

Thinking about a 4 utility iron or 4 SGI iron. 

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Previously, I struggled with long irons (i consider my 5 and maybe my 6 iron to be long irons), but have been able to hit those better naturally with swing improvements.

I feel like I just can't hit the ball well with a hybrid. Something about the hybrid, combined with how i swing the hybrid, makes me want to hit pull hooks, which is the complete opposite of my miss with irons which is usually a push. 

I have a love/hate relationship with my hybrid. On one hole I’ll crush it. The next one a long par 3 and I’ll shank the same club. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

New Level Golf NLU-01 18° Utility w/Mitsubishi Kura Kage Black

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 Irons 5 - Gap w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Evnroll ER7 34” Testing: Evnroll ER11v 34”

Kirkland Signature V2.0 3 piece 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

Oh, I'm looking at the DSG deal where you pick a winner and can get the the Epic Speed for free... I think Rahm has a pretty good chance so I think it's just a good gamble! Also I really want the Epic Speed LS.... basically I'm trying to justify buying a new driver lol

What should I do?

• Haha 2

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Took me a while to get used to hybrids. Now that I put the work on, I hit them much better. Way more consistent than I ever was with a fairway wood. For utilities get yourself maybe a hogan, that has a v sole. Otherwise great reviews on Srixon and sub70 UIs. Alternatively a zx4 4 or 5 iron might fit the bill. Just make sure you get it for what you need. Zx4 will fly high. Other utilities usually lower than hybrids. Hybrids were designed for long iron distance with mid iron trajectory. Good luck on your journey. 

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter (Testing SIK DW 2.0 35" double bend)

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos: