What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

9 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

@dlow206 how do y’all get rewards points? I like free stuff!

It used to be easier; Visit the callaway site get points, watch a video get points, listen to a podcast get points.   I got a lot of points that way but they changed the process this year and now it is based on purchases.   

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

More than likely stock builds and custom builds are coming from different locations and things like staffing at the facilities as well as volume of orders have an effect

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

One thing I will say with Callaway, even during the pandemic, they underpromise on shipping ETA and then overdeliver. I had things say a couple weeks ETA and they show up within like 5 business days or less. I feel like the custom stuff actually comes quicker. It comes from Mexico with the super fast shipping. The stuff shipped from the US comes regular UPS Ground. 

it just seems odd when you look at shipping times and based on the configuration the dates are different; especially when you are just looking at changing a shaft.  Upgraded sounds like it should take longer  

I’ll probably order no matter the delivery;  free is a good way to experiment 😁

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

it just seems odd when you look at shipping times and based on the configuration the dates are different; especially when you are just looking at changing a shaft.  Upgraded sounds like it should take longer  

I’ll probably order no matter the delivery;  free is a good way to experiment 😁

It’s been awhile since I’ve ordered anything Callaway but from what I remember stock predominantly comes out of mexico and sometimes cali. Custom I believe comes out of cali only and possibly texas

But free is alway good regardless of how long it takes

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

Been thinking about a wedge with a graphite shaft.  @dlow206 mentioned that he had spent some Callaway rewards points so I went and saw that I have enough to get a wedge.  For the wedge I want it is 6-8 weeks.  It was interesting that I played around with the configurations and depending on the shaft I pick, it could be 1-8 weeks;  why would a custom configuration ship quicker than an in stock model?   It isn't the shaft,  because I could get the same shaft in a different loft in 1-2 weeks.   I guess they don't make the clubs to order???

Things are really weird still...coming out of this pandemic and all.  When I was ordering my Srixon irons, if I selected a full set then it would only give me the S-flex option for the stock shaft...but if I customized the set (just wanting to adjust the shaft length) then that same shaft wasn't available in the custom options.  So, I had to load each iron individually into the cart to get the shafts I needed, in the length I needed them in...I guess that's why it took 3 different shipments to get all of my irons. 

• Like 2
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

Been thinking about a wedge with a graphite shaft.  @dlow206 mentioned that he had spent some Callaway rewards points so I went and saw that I have enough to get a wedge.  For the wedge I want it is 6-8 weeks.  It was interesting that I played around with the configurations and depending on the shaft I pick, it could be 1-8 weeks;  why would a custom configuration ship quicker than an in stock model?   It isn't the shaft,  because I could get the same shaft in a different loft in 1-2 weeks.   I guess they don't make the clubs to order???

I had tried an RTX when they first came out with graphite shafts as a stock offering and I wasn't a huge fan of the feel. That said, I'm sure that shafts are better designed to really feel like a wedge with newer releases. 

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

On 6/2/2021 at 9:12 AM, edingc said:

Somewhat equipment related, but my Arccos subscription is due to renew in 10 days and I'm trying to decide what direction to go:

1. Stay with Arccos
  2. Either GolfMetrics or DECADE
  3. Quit Tracking

I know I don't want a watch like ShotScope, even a smaller one like v3. Arccos has been so fiddly this year for me. Some rounds it works pretty well, other rounds it's just awful. I end up spending too much time worrying about it working and I think it's hindering my focus a bit. I shut it off after the first hole Monday and played one of my better mental rounds of the year.

DECADE is roughly the same cost as Arccos for the first six month Foundations course and I can get strokes gained analysis and the like from it. GolfMetrics is a little cheaper but doesn't have the DECADE content, obviously.

I really hate to quit tracking as I think there is a lot of value in strokes gained in looking at what areas need improvement, but I also think that during most rounds the worst part of my gain is readily apparent.

I was reading Mike Carroll's (Fit for Golf) post about him going from a 5 to +1 in a year and he used GolfMetrics for the majority of his tracking. I'm seeing some good progress on the course but really am searching for what can push me over the top and get past this hump where I'll match great rounds with miserable rounds. Stat tracking only plays a small part of that - but right now I don't feel like I'm getting a lot of value out of Arccos.

I get some ppl don't like wearing watches (like shotscope). But I'll give my experience bc I've been very pleased with the shotscope v3 and it was my favorite golf purchase in the last few years. Best thing off the bat is price vs arccos, much rather pay onetime 240 versus a yearly subscription. Its small and I don't notice it while swinging. I barely interact with it during the round as it's just pick the club and swing (no remembering tap function). It's been accurate, you will usually have to make some minor edits to your round after but never takes me more than 5 min (plus I honestly like to review my round). However biggest compliment I will give is to the shotscope support. They honestly take feedback from users and introduce them into the app. I have submitted two suggestions and within a few weeks the additions were added (simple stuff like describing their statistics better). Anyone who has used shotscope over the last year can see how much the app has improved.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Evnroll 1.2 CustomER (once it launches) or Sik Pro

Don't want to get a Cobra putter with the Sik face to fill out the bag?

• Like 1

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

2 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Don't want to get a Cobra putter with the Sik face to fill out the bag?

I’ve thought about it, but not a huge fan of the styling. Looking for something more traditional looking 

• Like 2

CC5 sig.png

Not liking the heavy heads Sik uses, so likely going Evnroll. Going to the store tomorrow to roll a few 

CC5 sig.png

Might give my Super Hybrid a shot again. 

But going to put in the greatest hybrid shaft of all time in there, the Matrix Altus hybrid shaft. I think @chisag knows about this shaft. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

... Amen, I just can't give up my RBZ TP Tour 3 and 4 hybrids. Mostly because of the shaft.

Altus.jpg.0b706dacf0ab67974490309774b48603.jpg

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

23 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Might give my Super Hybrid a shot again. 

But going to put in the greatest hybrid shaft of all time in there, the Matrix Altus hybrid shaft. I think @chisag knows about this shaft. 

I loved my Adams Super Hybrid.  But I cracked the Fubuki shaft on it close to the ferrule, so it sits in my basement gathering dust.  May have to try and get a new shaft for it sometime, but my used Titleist H1 Hybrid works great for me right now.

I did buy an Adams 3 wood (club head size is halfway between a FW and a hybrid) about the same time as the Super Hybrid, but it doesn't seem to work for me.  The shaft is likely too long for me.  But cutting it would screw up the swing weight so it sits unused.  I sometimes use it when its very windy since its got less loft than my existing FW 3.

:titelist-small:  TSi 3 9.0  Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  917 F2 16.5 3W Diamana 60  Reg

:titelist-small: 818 H1 21 Hybrid Tensei Blue 70HY Reg 

:titelist-small:  4-PW 716 AP2 - DG 300 AMT Reg

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 / 60 - KBS Tour Wedge

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2

:srixon-small: Z-Star 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png

So Cobra is coming out with a new players hybrid. Saw a few photos on instagram and all I can say is WOW they look incredible and are definitely a club I want to try out. Apparently designed to be high launch low spin. Again incredible look to them... although I can't find the photos again to post. Pretty sure called the Cobra King Tech Hybrid.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

13 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

So Cobra is coming out with a new players hybrid. Saw a few photos on instagram and all I can say is WOW they look incredible and are definitely a club I want to try out. Apparently designed to be high launch low spin. Again incredible look to them... although I can't find the photos again to post. Pretty sure called the Cobra King Tech Hybrid.

I saw this as well!  It's already up on Cobra's site - $279 stock price

https://www.cobragolf.com/king-tec-hybrid

"The KING TEC Hybrid features advanced technologies to create a hybrid that fits within the better player category. PWRSHELL Technology, a lightweight carbon crown and an adjustable weighting system delivers high launch and powerful ball speed.

AVAILABILITY: PRE-ORDER NOW, AVAILABLE JUNE 18TH"

But.... they're missing the rails that I love.  😞

I'll still give one a swing though.

EDIT: Could this be a SuperHybrid competitor?  Lots of talk about distance on the website.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I saw this as well!  It's already up on Cobra's site - $279 stock price

https://www.cobragolf.com/king-tec-hybrid

"The KING TEC Hybrid features advanced technologies to create a hybrid that fits within the better player category. PWRSHELL Technology, a lightweight carbon crown and an adjustable weighting system delivers high launch and powerful ball speed.

AVAILABILITY: PRE-ORDER NOW, AVAILABLE JUNE 18TH"

But.... they're missing the rails that I love.  😞

I'll still give one a swing though.

EDIT: Could this be a SuperHybrid competitor?  Lots of talk about distance on the website.

Never mind on me trying them... RH only 😞

• Sad 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

9 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Never mind on me trying them... RH only 😞

you know you should just try golfing right-handed.  I'm a natural lefty but I golf and play swinging righty to better conform with societal norms.  🤣

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

16 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

you know you should just try golfing right-handed.  I'm a natural lefty but I golf and play swinging righty to better conform with societal norms.  🤣

Although I can do a lot of sports right handed (I am right handed) swinging sports I have always done lefty, it is more of an eye dominance thing then actual physical ability. Superspeed helped a right handed swing as well, plus I played field hockey they only make right handed sticks so I had to adjust. I can putt right handed just as well as left handed too, but I don't see myself pulling a TC and switching to RH... golf for me is hard enough LH that I don't need to make it more difficult and the additional clubs that could be purchased would both not help my game or my bank account.

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

44 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Looks like a direct competitor... same length, but it's slightly more adjustable.

image.png.9022121720c5e50da580888f0ddab0ec.png

Weird that they dropped the rails on this one - probably not as easy to have all of the movable weights. It reminds me of the F7 line, I think?

EDIT - Just saw they are coming stock with the MMT. Could be an interesting shootout vs. the Super Hybrid.

• Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.5 / Anti-Cap: 14.4 (Last Updated Sept. 19, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (5-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

8 minutes ago, edingc said:

Looks like a direct competitor... same length, but it's slightly more adjustable.

image.png.9022121720c5e50da580888f0ddab0ec.png

Weird that they dropped the rails on this one - probably not as easy to have all of the movable weights. It reminds me of the F7 line, I think?

EDIT - Just saw they are coming stock with the MMT. Could be an interesting shootout vs. the Super Hybrid.

Cody, you are the hero we need.  Please do a shootout!  

I've been asking for an adjustable Cobra hybrid.... but I want the rails! haha  This does look like a great driving club alternative though.  If I wasn't so comfortable with my 5 wood I'd give one of those 2H a go.

• Like 5