What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

Just now, B.Boston said:

Cody, you are the hero we need.  Please do a shootout!  

I've been asking for an adjustable Cobra hybrid.... but I want the rails! haha  This does look like a great driving club alternative though.  If I wasn't so comfortable with my 5 wood I'd give one of those 2H a go.

The problem is that I'm actually really happy with everything in the bag right now! I just don't feel the need to go rocking the boat. These actually look like great options at both the 16 degree and 20 degree slots since I play my 4 hybrid as basically a 6/7 wood. 

Wedges are probably going to be the next out of my bag though, not because I don't love them but just because of the amount they get used on course and in practice.

I will say, the top end of the bag would look really sweet with an Epic Speed LS and two of these hybrids... 🤣

• Haha 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.2 (Last Updated July 27, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

12 minutes ago, edingc said:

Looks like a direct competitor... same length, but it's slightly more adjustable.

image.png.9022121720c5e50da580888f0ddab0ec.png

Weird that they dropped the rails on this one - probably not as easy to have all of the movable weights. It reminds me of the F7 line, I think?

EDIT - Just saw they are coming stock with the MMT. Could be an interesting shootout vs. the Super Hybrid.

I think this could be a great club and do wish the rails had stuck around, but maybe it won't matter much? I believe it was F6 before rails came back. I only say that because I have a F7 3 wood and it has the rails and F6 did not. Really doesn't matter though, and looking forward to seeing how anyone hits this finds it and maybe there after Cobra will bring out one in LH a year or so down the line. 
That seems to be a trend with them. They will make a "new club" in RH only and after a year or two once it has gained traction and will be a staple in their lineup a LH version comes out. See MIM irons, Driving Irons and several other woods. I will give them credit they have brought out a lot more LH kit which has been awesome to see!

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

1 minute ago, edingc said:

The problem is that I'm actually really happy with everything in the bag right now! I just don't feel the need to go rocking the boat. These actually look like great options at both the 16 degree and 20 degree slots since I play my 4 hybrid as basically a 6/7 wood. 

Wedges are probably going to be the next out of my bag though, not because I don't love them but just because of the amount they get used on course and in practice.

I will say, the top end of the bag would look really sweet with an Epic Speed LS and two of these hybrids... 🤣

The news of a new Ping wedges got my attention.  As you said, not because I'm thinking about switching, but when they do wear out PINGs.... spinsistency... is something I'd be interested in if it's included in a more traditional profile like the MIMs.  With some of the dewy morning rounds any extra spin on wet shots would be welcomed.  

I'll find out tomorrow if the Speedzone is still King in my bag or if there is a mutiny brewing.  Changing to the +1.5* and flipping the heavy weight up front has done some really good things at the range.  Just need to get out and play a round to see if it's real.  

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

A new potential hero appears in this thread

• Haha 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Been doing some driver/shaft testing. Two clear favorites. My gamer head (with the added weight) and the standard mavrik. for shafts,  the black rdx and mmt 60 both in stiff. Now can they deliver on the course

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter (Testing SIK DW 2.0 35" double bend)

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

Was thinking about new irons early this spring, went ahead and got those.  But I'm thinking it's finally time to get a loft wedge.  Thinking a 54 degree and eyeing the CBX2 wedge for that. 

• Like 1

image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png  Chiller Cart Bag

:cobra-small: Speedzone 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue 4H 22° - Ventus Blue 7S

:callaway-small: X-20 4 thru PW - Callaway Uniflex shaft

Approach wedge that is so old and generic I don't know what it is or where I got it (but I love it).

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

:taylormade-small: Rossa Monza Itsy Bitsy Spider

:Arccos: Tracking

Right Handed player, currently shooting around the 90 mark.

Just had a fitting at the PGASS... while I was a little disappointed by the "fitting" aspect of it, at least it was free with a promo code, and I got to try a lot of different heads against my gamer.  

I was hoping to see if there were other shaft options better for me, but I was pretty much within the trackman optimized window with the Speedzone... but the Callaway Epic Max LS was right with it and felt better.

I'll post some of the results soon... but the Epic Max LS is still on my mind! 

• Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Took this pic in Jackson the other day. These definitely look more bronze than copper.8390EE82-76D6-4BA1-8659-51D2CD3BA1FC.jpeg.6abe0b33cec21b6ba794873e8ff489df.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Took this pic in Jackson the other day. These definitely look more bronze than copper.8390EE82-76D6-4BA1-8659-51D2CD3BA1FC.jpeg.6abe0b33cec21b6ba794873e8ff489df.jpeg

The blades look the best. But yea those look a dull bronze. I do kinda like it more than a shinny penny copper though

• Like 2

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

8 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

The blades look the best. But yea those look a dull bronze. I do kinda like it more than a shinny penny copper though

They had the blades next to them, and the Mizuno copper nearby. The Mizzies were the best looking, and the Rickie blades did look shinier and more like copper than these. I was really disappointed in the coloring of this model.

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

45 minutes ago, PMookie said:

They had the blades next to them, and the Mizuno copper nearby. The Mizzies were the best looking, and the Rickie blades did look shinier and more like copper than these. I was really disappointed in the coloring of this model.

Agreed. But I think I’m coming to the conclusion that I only like the copper/gold coloring on wedges and blades. Something about the cavity back design is not looking right to me in the copper.

but those do look different than the Rickie blades or forged tecs

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, juspoole said:

The full face cleveland zipcore wedges have me intrigued.  It's hard for me to try something other than my vokey's as I know the feel from using them the past 13 years.  

Probably will wait until I do a club champion fitting in the winter so I can hit a lot of different options.

I picked up a 50* full face Zipcore and after 1 round it is firmly in the bag. Perfect bounce for me with awesome spin, great looks, and the full face grooves to help my occasional toe miss. 

Im hoping to convince the wife and kid that I need an orange whip or sklz trainer as my course doesn’t have a range for warm up. 

• Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

32 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I picked up a 50* full face Zipcore and after 1 round it is firmly in the bag. Perfect bounce for me with awesome spin, great looks, and the full face grooves to help my occasional toe miss. 

Im hoping to convince the wife and kid that I need an orange whip or sklz trainer as my course doesn’t have a range for warm up. 

Honestly I love the sklz trainer. Best thing for me if I don’t have time to properly warm up as you get a good stretch and some good tempo too. 

I know @Lacassem always uses his and my dad has the shorter “iron” length one too. 

• Like 4

Yea I love the skilZ trainer. Swing it almost everyday to stay loose and always before a round. Those first drives always seem to pop lol.

it’s a great tool even if it’s just to loosen up (helps me with tempo though)

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

You can find a knockoff on Amazon for like 30 bucks

• Like 2

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

8 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

You can find a knockoff on Amazon for like 30 bucks

I always get concerned about quality when not going name brand. Especially when the cost difference is only $25-50. Any experience with the knockoffs?

• Like 2

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

8 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Honestly I love the sklz trainer. Best thing for me if I don’t have time to properly warm up as you get a good stretch and some good tempo too. 

I know @Lacassem always uses his and my dad has the shorter “iron” length one too. 

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Yea I love the skilZ trainer. Swing it almost everyday to stay loose and always before a round. Those first drives always seem to pop lol.

it’s a great tool even if it’s just to loosen up (helps me with tempo though)

Good to know. That is the main reason for me to get one since my course has no range and I tend to play first thing in the morning. I played with my uncle a few weeks ago and his BIL had an orange whip. Took a few swings with it and felt my back stretch. Took my opening tee shot and it felt like I had already been playing and loosened up.   Trying to read up on the differences between the 2 before I make my final push to the fam!  I’ll probably end up with another golf towel and have to purchase one myself!🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Good to know. That is the main reason for me to get one since my course has no range and I tend to play first thing in the morning. I played with my uncle a few weeks ago and his BIL had an orange whip. Took a few swings with it and felt my back stretch. Took my opening tee shot and it felt like I had already been playing and loosened up.   Trying to read up on the differences between the 2 before I make my final push to the fam!  I’ll probably end up with another golf towel and have to purchase one myself!🤣

I don’t know the difference in brands or orange vs yellow (im guessing weight) but the skilz brand has withstood a lot for me. I’ve had it for about 7 years, use it on concrete, grass, rock. Have left it out in the rain sun what have you. Thing is still prime shape.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I’ve been thinking about an Apple Watch for some time now. And look what I received for an early Father’s Day present from my daughter today! I will be using this 44mm Apple 6 with arccos caddy on my next round!58DE77A7-994C-472F-88F7-E19A1253D0A8.jpeg.131fcc145abacc6da2585f94bda3c5af.jpeg  

• Like 3
  • Love 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG