What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

8 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

I’ve been thinking about an Apple Watch for some time now. And look what I received for an early Father’s Day present from my daughter today! I will be using this 44mm Apple 6 with arccos caddy on my next round!58DE77A7-994C-472F-88F7-E19A1253D0A8.jpeg.131fcc145abacc6da2585f94bda3c5af.jpeg  

Congratulations!!  You’re going to love it!!

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

So, ever since I got my PXG 0211 Driver, I have really loved this club.  Been thinking about getting fit for the rest of the set this summer but have some concerns.  One of the guys that play regularly in our Saturday points game got fit for the whole bag last November.  He has the 0211’s but with Stiff MMT graphite shaft.  Here’s the rub....he shot 100 before he got fit....6 months later, he still shoots 100, using the PXG’s.  Now for the other issue: my bag has Cobra King F8 fairways and hybrid followed by WilsonnStaff D7 irons then Cleveland Zipcore wedges(50*/54*/58*). Putter is EVNROLL ER2.

I am currently shooting in the low 80’s and winning money....making birdies via approach shots and putts.  Why would I need to upset this good run this summer by changing out my bag?

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

58 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

So, ever since I got my PXG 0211 Driver, I have really loved this club.  Been thinking about getting fit for the rest of the set this summer but have some concerns.  One of the guys that play regularly in our Saturday points game got fit for the whole bag last November.  He has the 0211’s but with Stiff MMT graphite shaft.  Here’s the rub....he shot 100 before he got fit....6 months later, he still shoots 100, using the PXG’s.  Now for the other issue: my bag has Cobra King F8 fairways and hybrid followed by WilsonnStaff D7 irons then Cleveland Zipcore wedges(50*/54*/58*). Putter is EVNROLL ER2.

I am currently shooting in the low 80’s and winning money....making birdies via approach shots and putts.  Why would I need to upset this good run this summer by changing out my bag?

Yup, change is not always good.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, change is not always good.

I know, but how long will the Veteran discount last at PXG?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

3 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I think he’ll take care of the Veterans.  It’s good marketing and the right thing to do.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

my guess would be forever.  

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

48 minutes ago, cnosil said:

my guess would be forever.  

Agree.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On 5/27/2021 at 4:59 PM, Hobert said:

Awesome! I'm itching to go demo the various options, but I don't want to waste my Pro/Fitter's time until I am closer to ready...

I didn’t see the Mavriks on that 2021 list, (probably because they came out a year earlier?) but don’t sleep on them. I just got a set last week and I feel like I’m home again after going from the rogue x to the pxg 0211’s for a brief time. ( @Ben_Howell34 pm sent.)

I just got done testing all the irons you mentioned in your first post and the Mavriks were the winner. 
Im looking at your sig, and see you play the X-20 irons. The Mavriks will have that familiar Callaway iron look to them when looking down at them. That “look” might not mean much to you, but I find it puts me at ease. 

It has begun to dawn on me that certain OEMs work best for me in specific clubs. 
PIng drivers, Callaway hybrids and irons and blade putters always feel right and look good to my eye.

I’m open to any brand or style wedge, and still haven’t found that unicorn FW wood, although the Rogue 15* (grading on a curve here 🙄) comes close.

• Like 4

:callaway-small:   Epic Max 9* Cypher
 :taylormade-small: M6 15* & 18* Atmos

:callaway-small:  Super Hybrid 20* (+1*) Recoil ESX 460 

:callaway-small:  Rogue X 5-AW Synergy

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy CB 50* & 56* Synergy

:scotty-small:    Newport 2.0 33.5"

:yes-small:    Tracy 33.5”

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

On 6/3/2021 at 4:27 PM, Tlb34 said:

I get some ppl don't like wearing watches (like shotscope). But I'll give my experience bc I've been very pleased with the shotscope v3 and it was my favorite golf purchase in the last few years. Best thing off the bat is price vs arccos, much rather pay onetime 240 versus a yearly subscription. Its small and I don't notice it while swinging. I barely interact with it during the round as it's just pick the club and swing (no remembering tap function). It's been accurate, you will usually have to make some minor edits to your round after but never takes me more than 5 min (plus I honestly like to review my round). However biggest compliment I will give is to the shotscope support. They honestly take feedback from users and introduce them into the app. I have submitted two suggestions and within a few weeks the additions were added (simple stuff like describing their statistics better). Anyone who has used shotscope over the last year can see how much the app has improved.

Quick question on shotscope. When you're spending that time making edits to the round, are you doing that more on your phone/app or on a computer based platform?

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Thank you sir. I think I convinced my wife to get the sklz trainer one. 

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Can't stop thinking about this....

Callaway_Epic_Speed_Epic_MAX_Epic_MAX_LS

Supposedly being built and hoping to get a tracking number ASAP!

Right I should have told them about needing to get it before next Friday so I can bomb it past @Lacassem and @B.Boston when we play next week

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS Review

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

4 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Right I should have told them about needing to get it before next Friday so I can bomb it past @Lacassem and @B.Boston when we play next week

Fine by me!  As long as I get to swing it! haha Bombing it past @Lacassem is a taller task though.  

I hope its an absolute missile launcher for you.  Or maybe I hope it doesn't fit you at all and I can trade you for it... I'm still undecided there.  hahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

I think I’m in love….. with a driver? 😱

I hit the 425 SFT again today and it’s like point and shoot for me. I’ve played the 400 Max since the day it came out, and it’s been my all time favorite driver. I’ve hit just about everything since it’s release, and nothing was able to get it out of my bag. The latest to try was the Epic Max, but no bueno. It was good, but not better.

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but the SFT is.

It’s a model I’d never have tried, since I don’t fight a slice. My buddy is a 5 handicap and has a 410 driver he just demolishes. I always assumed it was the plus or low spin version, but he recently told me it was the SFT and I couldn’t believe it. From everything I’ve read about this club and the x amount of yards it’s draw biased, I figured both of us would be hitting balls down our respective foul lines. Me to right field, him to left.

THIS THING GOES DEAD STRAIGHT.

Thank you PGASS for your 90 day playability guarantee. Goodbye Epic Max. Hello 425 SFT.
G400 Max, I’ll always love you, but this one is younger and prettier. You were so good to me, and I’ll never forget you, but it’s time for you to go sit in the closet. 😉

• Like 5

:callaway-small:   Epic Max 9* Cypher
 :taylormade-small: M6 15* & 18* Atmos

:callaway-small:  Super Hybrid 20* (+1*) Recoil ESX 460 

:callaway-small:  Rogue X 5-AW Synergy

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy CB 50* & 56* Synergy

:scotty-small:    Newport 2.0 33.5"

:yes-small:    Tracy 33.5”

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

We shall see @ejgaudetteI hope it miraculously shows up next week! I will say nothing about bombing it passed anyone right now because you never know what game may show up! Early signs though of my rounds I wish you luck in doing that 😆

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Fine by me!  As long as I get to swing it! haha Bombing it past @Lacassem is a taller task though.  

I hope its an absolute missile launcher for you.  Or maybe I hope it doesn't fit you at all and I can trade you for it... I'm still undecided there.  hahaha

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

We shall see @ejgaudetteI hope it miraculously shows up next week! I will say nothing about bombing it passed anyone right now because you never know what game may show up! Early signs though of my rounds I wish you luck in doing that 😆

No no I kid, with where my game is at hitting past 250 would be a plus. Working on getting the delivery right but of course time is tight.

• Like 5

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS Review

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

On 6/13/2021 at 6:07 AM, blackngold_blood said:

I always get concerned about quality when not going name brand. Especially when the cost difference is only $25-50. Any experience with the knockoffs?

I’ve ordered 2 actually cause I thought I lost my first one lol. But I have the iron length ones and I find them effective as the skilz brand

Balight Golf Swing Trainer Aid and Correction for Strength Grip Tempo & Flexibility Training Suit for Indoor Practice Chipping Hitting Golf Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PN2W4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2QG3WP76XT0MFD456BA4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

this is the one I ordered 

• Like 3

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

4 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Thank you sir. I think I convinced my wife to get the sklz trainer one. 

You really had no choice. From a color perspective it is closest to "blackngold". 😬

My wife bought me a Sklz trainer a few years back. I like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

1 hour ago, Hobert said:

You really had no choice. From a color perspective it is closest to "blackngold". 😬

My wife bought me a Sklz trainer a few years back. I like it.

TBH Blackngold_blood only really matters for College sports. I’m not opposed to other colors as long as they aren’t red or green and gold! Them colors don’t go together! Lol

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip