What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

4 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

TBH Blackngold_blood only really matters for College sports. I’m not opposed to other colors as long as they aren’t red or green and gold! Them colors don’t go together! Lol

Fair enough. I don't only buy orange and green things...

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

Thinking about what a new driver would look like in my bag.  I love my LST but the cosmetics of the SIM2 are so appealing that I am seriously considering a change.  

I know that the distance differences are not very significant but when your brain starts telling you things you begin to lose confidence in what you currently play...

Also, doesn't help when Will Peoples sends you periodic updates about certain combinations in stock 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

Thinking about what a new driver would look like in my bag.  I love my LST but the cosmetics of the SIM2 are so appealing that I am seriously considering a change.  

I know that the distance differences are not very significant but when your brain starts telling you things you begin to lose confidence in what you currently play...

Also, doesn't help when Will Peoples sends you periodic updates about certain combinations in stock 🤣

sometimes you just need a change in the look and feel 😉 I'm sure there will be plenty of folks willing to take that PING off your hands too.  

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

... DON'T HIT THE SIM2!!! It has the most addictive dense and solid sound/feel of any driver I demoed in my fitting. Luckily for me the Sim Max gave me the best performance or I might have considered a trade off. Hitting Pings has always felt hollow, explosive and loud so after a brief 2 round ownership of the original LST that I could not sell fast enough I have not played another. Ping produces awesome drivers of course and especially younger players love the explosive, loud feel/sound but if you ever played persimmon woods or hit wooden baseball bats and love the sound/feel of wood over metal ... DON'T HIT THE SIM2!!!  🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

do it, you won't regret it.  i liked my sim and was a little bummed when they sent me a sim2 as a replacement when i caved in the face of the sim.  that feeling was short lived because the sim2 is loooooong and forgiving.

• Like 2

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Thinking about putting the stabilizer shaft in my Putter but want to roll a couple first with it .. read some good things about it. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... DON'T HIT THE SIM2!!! It has the most addictive dense and solid sound/feel of any driver I demoed in my fitting. Luckily for me the Sim Max gave me the best performance or I might have considered a trade off. Hitting Pings has always felt hollow, explosive and loud so after a brief 2 round ownership of the original LST that I could not sell fast enough I have not played another. Ping produces awesome drivers of course and especially younger players love the explosive, loud feel/sound but if you ever played persimmon woods or hit wooden baseball bats and love the sound/feel of wood over metal ... DON'T HIT THE SIM2!!!  🤪

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

do it, you won't regret it.  i liked my sim and was a little bummed when they sent me a sim2 as a replacement when i caved in the face of the sim.  that feeling was short lived because the sim2 is loooooong and forgiving.

I have an upcoming event that I would like to commemorate. This would be my reward to myself so we’ll see how things go. 

Life’s too short to ponder that what if’s of which clubs I should own 😊

• Like 3
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

New 58° wedge.  3/4 occasions today that I needed some zip, used a shot that should have stopped on a dime but rolled out like Swiss bearings.

I thought it might have been the AVX… so I tried it with a PV1, and it was only 15” or so different with as close to the same shot as my 4 ish handicap self can produce….

Need new grooves. Yep.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

New 58° wedge.  3/4 occasions today that I needed some zip, used a shot that should have stopped on a dime but rolled out like Swiss bearings.

I thought it might have been the AVX… so I tried it with a PV1, and it was only 15” or so different with as close to the same shot as my 4 ish handicap self can produce….

Need new grooves. Yep.

You thinking full face Cleveland or ahem, maybe an Equalizer 2?

• Like 2
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

25 minutes ago, bens197 said:

You thinking full face Cleveland or ahem, maybe an Equalizer 2?

Eying a Vokey to match my 48°.  The 52 cause me all sorts of problems today, it might need to be benched too.

Really like the look of the RTX FF, I’d probably get a 64° of that.  

the 3 iron is officially benched for eternity.  If I bent the 5 iron 1 strong I’d have a “real” 4 iron.  My biggest complaint with the t100s, hard to figure out what to drop because the lofts are so strong.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Eying a Vokey to match my 48°.  The 52 cause me all sorts of problems today, it might need to be benched too.

Really like the look of the RTX FF, I’d probably get a 64° of that.  

the 3 iron is officially benched for eternity.  If I bent the 5 iron 1 strong I’d have a “real” 4 iron.  My biggest complaint with the t100s, hard to figure out what to drop because the lofts are so strong.

I feel this, all of this.  I am watching you and others struggle with their wedges and I can't help but relate.  

• Like 3
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

I know it's not equipment, but I have been debating getting a summer membership at the local Xgolf.

20 hours from now until October 1st which should be easy to use up. I like the fact that you can do a driving range session and/or play a round. 

Anyone else fans of Xgolf???

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

8 hours ago, Ronoc said:

I know it's not equipment, but I have been debating getting a summer membership at the local Xgolf.

20 hours from now until October 1st which should be easy to use up. I like the fact that you can do a driving range session and/or play a round. 

Anyone else fans of Xgolf???

I wasn't familiar with Xgolf until your post. Perhaps this is because there are no locations near me. It looks interesting. Perhaps I should look into opening up my own local franchise... 🧐

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

On 6/14/2021 at 9:23 AM, Curtis Atkinson said:

Quick question on shotscope. When you're spending that time making edits to the round, are you doing that more on your phone/app or on a computer based platform?

Phone/app

• Like 1

Being A Club Ho Ain't What It Used To Be

... I miss the days of the 4 year cycle when we bought clubs, played them for 1 or maybe even 2 years and then sold them for 80% of their value if they were in great shape. And even better, we bought new clubs or mint clubs from another Ho and sold them quickly when we found out they just weren't for us. And we also traded clubs, making both Club Ho's happy.

... Online sales, Ebay and discounted clubs with a 2 year and then 1 year cycle completely changed being a Club Ho for everyone but dlow206 🤗. Adding in the insane cost of clubs these days, especially irons that were $699 for a set of forged irons not that long ago, now sell for $1200-1700 or more depending on steel or quality heavy weight graphite shafts. 

... With the crazy cost of irons and knowing we will only play them several times a season it just no longer feels right to sit on a 3rd, 4th or 5th set of irons for nostalgia when so many need those irons and they could be played as someones gamers. It just feels selfish. But at the same time, it can be so difficult to let really nice irons go. If I listed the top irons I have ever owned off the top of my head, and there are probably close to 75 sets or more, the T100S would easily be in my top 5. I love the look, love the feel and love the performance. The problem is I just have a hair more confidence in my Cobra King Tour irons. If the Cobra's were stolen or lost, I would not skip a beat putting the T100S back in my bag as my gamers. But instead they just sit and wait to be loved again. 

... An even bigger problem is clubs that are no longer made but still some of the best ever produced can only be sold for a fraction of their worth. The Lynx MC Tour LX irons are probably in my top 5 but easily in my top 10. Forged from 1020 carbon steel, with a slightly longer blade length, perfect perimeter weighting and an awesome feel to go along with almost prefect look at address but very few even know about them. These are the kind of irons I would love to sell to a friend or playing partner that could not afford Taylor Made P-7MC's. I just can't stomach selling these irons easily worth $699 to a stranger for $250 or less, but knowing a friend would love them I could do so happily. Same for my Cleveland 588TT's that are the most forgiving Players Irons ever made and really are the best of a PI and GI combined in one iron. Just crazy forgiving, sweet forged feel and very accurate for an iron with a wider sole, little thicker topline and stronger lofts that are close to current standards and would be a perfect transition from GI's to PI's for a player reluctant to make the change because of thinner soles, smaller blade size and not enough forgiveness. Should be worth $499 easily but again I would be lucky to sell them for $299. 

... Now the final straw is forum golfers can be a very cheap crowd, especially MGS members LOL! I always list stuff here first but usually sell it elsewhere quickly. That said, I don't mind selling to fellow MGS members when I know they will appreciate the deal and put the clubs to good use. But I rarely sell anything here as the MGS Classifieds is just not a strong suit of the forum while most everything else is. 

... So enough Club Ho cry babying as it is what it is and it ain't never going back. And looking at the positives, there has never been a better time to buy clubs, either new or used and narrowing down your choices is much more difficult than finding clubs you like and perform for you, and even a Club Ho can appreciate that. 

• Like 6

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Thinking about picking-up another Honma TR20 driver, all stock, to replace the Sim 2 Max I just tried. I have an extra Xphlexxx Busa shaft currently at 45.5..

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

Thinking about picking-up another Honma TR20 driver, all stock, to replace the Sim 2 Max I just tried. I have an extra Xphlexxx Busa shaft currently at 45.5..

That is the only driver (right now) that I can see giving the F9 Frakenstein a run for its money in your bag.   Keep us posted!

• Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

2 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

That is the only driver (right now) that I can see giving the F9 Frakenstein a run for its money in your bag.   Keep us posted!

Me too. It was a great head for me, so maybe this shaft will put it over the top.

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

i’m on the hunt for a backup driver shaft. i’m noticing some splintering around where the tip of the shaft inserts into the adapter. even just resting my hand on the butt of the grip, i was hearing some faint cracking down at the hosel. 

pretty bummed because i’m driving the ball as well as i ever have - both distance and dispersion - and my shaft isn’t produced anymore. any of them i find are tipped to hell, or people have cut them down as fairway shafts. 

long story short - if anyone has a KuroKage XT 70TX laying around, shoot me a PM. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour