TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It is pretty amazing how differently we think. 

"Technique versus skill building.  Mental versus physical.  Without some form of measurement (stats) how do you determine better?" I interpret this to mean you never played another sport. See how that works? 😉  There is no stock answer to those questions. A good athlete does them all. Technique and skill go hand in hand. We have all seen athletes with superior physical skills and poor mental skills like Jeff George, one of the most gifted passers I ever saw play. And you seem to miss the obvious. Without stats how do you determine better? I didn't need homework to understand a 68 his better than a 88. You don't need stats to tell you hitting more greens and fairways, pitching and chipping closer to the hole and making putts is better. Maybe you do?

"keeping in line with this thread, do I need a new putter, do I need to work on technique, or do I need to build skills?"

I have no idea if you need a new putter. Does you current putter fit your stroke with the right weight, length and balance? Do you have confidence looking at it behind the ball? Do you have confidence in it while stroking your putt. After stroking your putt? Since I have no idea of your skill level or how consistent your stroke is, this is an impossible question to answer. I could of course make the same argument I always make to you. All of them are important so which one feels best and makes the most putts with the stroke you have? 

This is why I hate the forum type communication,   Would love to sit down over a drink or play a round of golf and just talk.  I feel like I would learn so much just discussing things since we do think so differently.   

i did do other sports, just not many.

.I was a scrawny little kid with a birthday that had me playing against lots bigger kids 😂 . I did swim competitively and was fairly successful.   And while I could say my time was faster or slower, there was still lots of interpretation.  My technique was good enough to win, but could it be better?  I had enough skills to know how to pace myself to not wear myself out early in the race but did I have the skills to understand why certain movements were good or bad and why I needed to do them, no breathing patterns influenced performance, etc..  Are athletes better if they are just told do something or also understanding why they need to do a specific thing and what happens if they do it incorrectly?  Maybe that is player specific?

As for you 68 vs 88 it may become fairly obvious but how about 28 putts a round vs 27 or why you hit 13 greens instead of 12.  Was there a physical or mental breakdown or was it just rub of the green.   Are there any tendencies that you notice as a player that changes what you do?  It’s easy to say you need to hit more greens but without some additional information I am not sure how you focus on an area. 

How is confidence measured and is my confidence actually justified?  I could have a terrible putting stroke and results but be extremely consistent.  If I missed everything to the right, is the best answer to just align more to the left?  

I’ll go back to where this all got started….31.   Since the consensus was that number was too high, what would a player need to do to make it lower?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... LOL, I certainly was. 

I know that personality trait rather well, since it fits me as well.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

This is why I hate the forum type communication,   Would love to sit down over a drink or play a round of golf and just talk.  I feel like I would learn so much just discussing things since we do think so differently.   

i did do other sports, just not many.

.I was a scrawny little kid with a birthday that had me playing against lots bigger kids 😂 . I did swim competitively and was fairly successful.   And while I could say my time was faster or slower, there was still lots of interpretation.  My technique was good enough to win, but could it be better?  I had enough skills to know how to pace myself to not wear myself out early in the race but did I have the skills to understand why certain movements were good or bad and why I needed to do them, no breathing patterns influenced performance, etc..  Are athletes better if they are just told do something or also understanding why they need to do a specific thing and what happens if they do it incorrectly?  Maybe that is player specific?

As for you 68 vs 88 it may become fairly obvious but how about 28 putts a round vs 27 or why you hit 13 greens instead of 12.  Was there a physical or mental breakdown or was it just rub of the green.   Are there any tendencies that you notice as a player that changes what you do?  It’s easy to say you need to hit more greens but without some additional information I am not sure how you focus on an area. 

How is confidence measured and is my confidence actually justified?  I could have a terrible putting stroke and results but be extremely consistent.  If I missed everything to the right, is the best answer to just align more to the left?  

I’ll go back to where this all got started….31.   Since the consensus was that number was too high, what would a player need to do to make it lower?  

... I hear ya, words without inflection is subject to improper interpretation. Patrick Mahomes imo is by far the best QB to ever play the position. Time will tell if he becomes the actual GOAT. But he throws passes from every possible arm angle and any possible body position because he has the skill to do it. Sure it came with some repetition but more instant imagination, daring to attempt something unusual in game situations and of course a rock solid confidence in his ability. Compare to an Andy Dalton that depends on timing and his WR's being where they are supposed to be. He has excellent technique but very little (if any) imagination skills. I have always felt sports is about rising to the competition and winning.

... During practice rounds playing alone, I am always chagrinned at how completely different shots can have the same results. Dropping several balls from 205yds on a par 5 and hitting the first one a little thin that flys low and rolls compared to a very well struck 4 iron and getting to the green to see them a few yards apart is sports in a nutshell. When playing they both will result in an eagle putt and while I prefer the latter I will gladly take the former. The difference in the two swings was almost negligible with contact two grooves lower because swinging a club at 90mph using all of your body needing to cooperate in execution is impossible to replicate every time. I know guys that would rather have a par after hitting the ball solidly but long or short, than a birdie from hitting it poorly and being near the pin. I have to stifle a chuckle when they say "I didn't deserve a birdie". If they had one less number than par on the hole they most assuredly deserved a birdie. I have yet to see a scorecard where anything other than a box for a number is required. 

... Your obsession with numbers and stats could be a detriment as I think it can undermines confidence. Only you know the answer to that question. I already gave the example of a 90 foot putt resulting in 1, 2 or 3 putts and all about the best I could hope for giving the circumstance. You may know, but I am unaware of any stats that take all of that into the equation where 1, 2 or 3 putts have an equal weight . It sounds like the biggest difference in our thinking is if I take every shot one stroke at a time and give it my complete concentration, I know how well I executed it. No stat is gonna explain the difference between a 9i I hit just a hair thin and ended up 2 feet from the hole or a 9i I flushed and ended up on the back of the green. Golf isn't exact and even Tiger mishits shots so the only "stat" for me is that one was a good shot and the other was not a good shot. Neither will effect the next 9i that I will attempt and execute to the best of my ability. 

... And I think we might have a completely different opinion of confidence. It isn't measured and can't be backed up by any stats. More football (sorry) but when Jay Cutler threw 3 picks to the same DB in a game against his arch rival the Packers, he was asked after the game if he could go back and do it again would he have avoided the DB? Cutler replied that if there was more time in the game he would have thrown at him again. That is the kind of confidence every athlete should have imo. Jay wasn't saying any throw he made that was off target or a bad read of the defense that ended in the interceptions was something he would attempt again, he was saying he has confidence in his ability and that doesn't change because he threw a couple of ill advised passes. If the situation called for it, he would throw again without reservations whether it was that DB or another. 

... But back to putting I have said I think I will make every putt I face and I honestly do. Even the ridiculous breaking putt on a fast green dealing with a tier. That confidence enables me to putt free of doubt. On days where nothing seems to fall and I missed every putt for 17 holes, I have an unshakable confidence I will make that putt on 18. Conversely there are days where everything seems to fall but my approach is still exactly the same. So 27 or 28 putts is an irrelevant stat for me. HOW I made those 27 or 28 may be important but the number is not. I will say if I agonized over the difference between 12 or 13 GIR's and 27 or 28 putts, I would quit golf and start Card Counting in Vegas. 😎

... And lastly "I could have a terrible putting stroke and results but be extremely consistent.  If I missed everything to the right, is the best answer to just align more to the left?"  If you have a terrible putting stroke but make everything it isn't a terrible stroke, it is just a unique personal approach that works. But if I have a terrible putting stroke and miss everything, I need to make some changes. And for me that is always the bottom line. Does it work or doesn't it? So if you missed everything to the right and didn't start aiming left I'll let someone else answer for me:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein"

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

If you have a terrible putting stroke but make everything it isn't a terrible stroke, it is just a unique personal approach that works. But if I have a terrible putting stroke and miss everything, I need to make some changes. And for me that is always the bottom line. Does it work or doesn't it?

That bottom line of it works seems to imply that a level of satisfaction or good enough mentality has been reached.  Could it work better?  Should you stop trying to make it better?  This probably gets into the drive or competitive nature of each individual.  Did Tiger Woods reach a point where he said my swing works not reason to change it?  Do NFL level quarterback forgo improving technique because they were good enough to make the NFL?  You mentioned that you hitting a thin 205 yard shot that resulted in an eagle put.  If all your shots were suddenly hit thin but had good results would you make changes?  Whether you wrote it down or committed to memory you would recognize that you were having contact issues….isn’t that tracking stats at some level?  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

49 minutes ago, cnosil said:

That bottom line of it works seems to imply that a level of satisfaction or good enough mentality has been reached.  Could it work better?  Should you stop trying to make it better?  This probably gets into the drive or competitive nature of each individual.  Did Tiger Woods reach a point where he said my swing works not reason to change it?  Do NFL level quarterback forgo improving technique because they were good enough to make the NFL?  You mentioned that you hitting a thin 205 yard shot that resulted in an eagle put.  If all your shots were suddenly hit thin but had good results would you make changes?  Whether you wrote it down or committed to memory you would recognize that you were having contact issues….isn’t that tracking stats at some level?  

... I would probably go insane inside your head LOL! An athlete is always trying to get better. Fix what doesn't work and build on what does. Technique is finite and many a golfer went down that road and never come back. Should Phillip Rivers have changed his side arm delivery? Peyton Manning improve his throwing technique and learn to throw spirals instead of floppy looking ducks that seemed to almost always find his receivers? Technique is simply a tool to get results. Did Chi Chi, Trevino or Floyd change their techniques that were all quite fundamentally flawed but repeatable? If they did would they still be in the Hall Of Fame? There are plenty of examples of athletes trying to get better that got worse when they tried to change a successful but flawed technique. Yes, we all want to swing like Rory or Tiger in his prime but most of us would be over the moon with Stricker or Palmer's results. 

... Here is how I see you and I:

Hall monitor vs late for class. 🤣

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

keeping in line with this thread, do I need a new putter, do I need to work on technique, or do I need to build skills? 

You absolutely need a new putter....

What answer did you expect from this forum?!?!  😄

Then when you get it and write up a review you will be practicing with it, video your stroke and notice something that needs adjustment.  You make the change in the stroke, practice even more and putt better than ever.  So the new putter stays as the gamer and confidence goes up. 

But was it the putter or the new stroke or extra practice?  😱.

Not that i ever went through this...i just know a guy. 😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Harvey Penick was asked this by i think justin leonard and his response was to hit his approach shots closer to the pin.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

5 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Harvey Penick was asked this by i think justin leonard and his response was to hit his approach shots closer to the pin.

And it could be better tee shots to hit the approach shot closer….in my crazy mind it is all tangled together and you can’t just look at one thing. 

7 hours ago, KB13 said:

Its about time that I replace my wedges - I have been playing the TM Hi-toe for a couple years now and have really seen my wedge game improve. But with MGS most wanted wedge being the Milled grind, I might make a change and try one out. 

I thought the High toe 3 had the same milling as the milled grind, lol

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

I shot 83 today with 36 putts. Is there room in the "need a new putter" line?

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Grab a number and have a seat in the Need A New Putter waiting room!

... OR you could join another line and wait for a putting lesson:

Unfortunately for many wallets this is so sadly true............................... 🤔

although the club manufacturers love this concept  🤣

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

I’ve made a good friend with a local fitter who is willing to put a Titleist attachment on my Ventus shaft and then help me decide between TSR 1,2 or 3. Trying to resist the urge but he will discount the cost of the shaft and only charge me $400 for the head. Money burns holes in my pockets. LOL

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

2 hours ago, Fred Mitchell said:

I thought the High toe 3 had the same milling as the milled grind, lol

It does have the same milling - but according to TM the Hi-Toe has higher center of gravity to reduce the peak flight - makes sense why I like the Hi - Toe, Im not sure my ball flight could get higher 

KB

Cobra LS - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 7x

Cobra F9 3w- Fujikura Tour Spec 2.0 8x

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW

Taylormade Hi-Toe 50,54, 58 wedges 

Evnroll ER2

Ohio

6 handicap 

2 hours ago, Javs said:

My new Vokey SM9 wedges are in and awesome!

What finish did you go with?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I am starting to think that I need a new 56 wedge but then I again I have a few wedges that are practically new that I haven’t used since they didn’t work for me,  

But now with my new short iron swing they may work for me.  Then again I could just go get fitted…  Saving money is not my forte! 😜

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

3 hours ago, Preeway said:

I’ve made a good friend with a local fitter who is willing to put a Titleist attachment on my Ventus shaft and then help me decide between TSR 1,2 or 3. Trying to resist the urge but he will discount the cost of the shaft and only charge me $400 for the head. Money burns holes in my pockets. LOL

... I can't remember which MGS said it but I have adopted it for myownself "Money has no value unless you spend it" 😇

Thinking about these Nikes. Gorgeous. Just not sure I need another pair.......

https://www.nike.com/au/t/air-zoom-victory-tour-3-nrg-golf-shoes-BPQPSl/DV6799-007

Taylormade Stealth Plus Driver 9, Oban Devotion 45-03 | Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3 + 5 Wood, Oban Revenge 65-03 | Mizuno HiFli 16.5 2 Iron | Titleist T200 4-GW Irons, KBS Tour 110 R | Titleist Vokey Design SM9 Chrome SW & LW (54/12D, 60/12D) | Odyssey Versa Seven Putter  Titleist Pro V1x | Srixon Tour Staff Bag The Open Staff Bag 2022 | Clicgear Model 4.0 Buggy | Bushnell Tour V6 Shift Rangefinder | Golf Pride MCC ALIGN (Standard) Grips |

18 minutes ago, Javs said:

IMG_1530.jpeg.9cd13fed452caca587952848d1c3d6a6.jpegIMG_1533.jpeg.5678c9c4cbb0fbf0b436ad419a4108ae.jpegIMG_1532.jpeg.aea5ac84bba1732ff253a769c0e40d55.jpegIMG_1531.jpeg.d6c166d5a4fab5dbb59a5e92f3580552.jpeg

Looks awesome. Will be curious to hear about how the black finish wears in real world conditions.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

I'm traveling for work this week and made a post over dinner that I needed to fill in my MacGrogor irons with a 50° gap wedge since they only run thru PW.

The golf gods were apparently listening as the road to my hotel was closed and the detour brought me right past a PGA Superstore. 

I was not strong enough to resist the pull :). Proud owner of a new Vokey SM9 50.08 F, and threw in the 60.08 M for good measure to go with the 54.10 S I won a couple weeks ago.

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

On 7/18/2023 at 9:39 AM, KC Golf said:

Looks awesome. Will be curious to hear about how the black finish wears in real world conditions.

So far the finish is holding up perfect! Several rounds and no real sign of wear yet. Also these grooves grab and put on the spin! First live shot with the 60 degree M grind was 49 yards from the rough to a short sided pin over a bunker. Hit it to two feet and made birdie!

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!

If my relationship with my golf clubs was like a marriage. They would have divorced me for serial infidelity by now. 😂

I am currently hitting my irons as well as I have ever hit any set I have owned and yet, I spent 20 minutes tonight watching a comparison video on YouTube between Titleist t100s and Taylor Made p770. During the video I started doing the mental math of which pieces of my equipment stockpile I would need to part with and trade in to make it doable. I got the cost down to approximately what it would cost to buy a set of Takomo 101t’s, which sent me down a different rabbit hole on YouTube. All the while, I don’t currently need new irons. (Ed. Note- I don’t currently need anything) 

Well, if my strokes gained numbers are to be taken seriously, then I should be looking at Putters and Drivers, anyway…😉

WITB:

D: TBD ??? 🤔

3w: :callaway-small: Paradym ♦️♦️♦️15° Hzrdus 6.0

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

4u:   :titleist-small:  T200 Utility Build 24° Hzrdus 6.0

5i:  :titleist-small: T200 25° Recoil 110 f4

6i-PW: :srixon-small: Z 765 28°-46° N.S Pro 1050 gh S

50°:   :vokey-small:SM-8 

54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: Toulon Designs Atlanta

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Bag:  Jones Trouper R stand bag 

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

17 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

If my relationship with my golf clubs was like a marriage. They would have divorced me for serial infidelity by now. 😂

I am currently hitting my irons as well as I have ever hit any set I have owned and yet, I spent 20 minutes tonight watching a comparison video on YouTube between Titleist t100s and Taylor Made p770. During the video I started doing the mental math of which pieces of my equipment stockpile I would need to part with and trade in to make it doable. I got the cost down to approximately what it would cost to buy a set of Takomo 101t’s, which sent me down a different rabbit hole on YouTube. All the while, I don’t currently need new irons. (Ed. Note- I don’t currently need anything) 

Well, if my strokes gained numbers are to be taken seriously, then I should be looking at Putters and Drivers, anyway…😉

... If you want a real eye opener, chart which irons you use next round. It is probably going to be way less than you think and not unusual to not use several of your irons at all. I was shocked to be honest and while it didn't completely cure my iron ho'ing it sure curbed it, especially with the cost these days well above $1,000 for new ones. 

Just now, chisag said:

... If you want a real eye opener, chart which irons you use next round. It is probably going to be way less than you think and not usual to not use several of your irons at all. I was shocked to be honest and while it didn't cure my iron ho'ing, it sure curbed it especially with the cost these days well above $1,000 for new ones. 

Prior to the past 2 cobra challenges I’ve taken part in, which are outliers on both extremes. I played a round with them. 76 shots, 31 of which were putts. So 45 shots, 9 of which were irons and 3 of those were PW. So your point is well taken and accurate. 

What typically keeps me at bay, beyond self-control, is the thought that no matter what set I’m playing, there will be another set I find intriguing.

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Two thoughts for this evening.

1) If I can find a LAB Mezz.1 for $300 or less, I’m going to pull the trigger. 
2) Either the ZX7’s need new shafts or I need to find irons with a similar head profile as the Apex MBs but something with a bit more pop and forgiveness wouldn’t hurt.

WITB: