What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

55 minutes ago, Shankster said:

TS3 3 wood.  They have a used one on the rack at the local DSG...  

The waggle test, and the looks behind the ball… serious contender to kick the SLDR TS out of the bag.  😍

I should support my local economy right?  Right?

Waggle test is a useless test per Don Brown of PX/TT. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Waggle test is a useless test per Don Brown of PX/TT. 

The only Don Brown I know is the one that Jim Harbaugh fired.  

By the waggle test, I meant looking at it, enjoying its shape, looking at it again, then admiring the engineering.

• Like 2

I’m still thinking about a cart bag. I’d like to find one that doesn’t catch the clubs when I pull them out.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

35 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’m still thinking about a cart bag. I’d like to find one that doesn’t catch the clubs when I pull them out.

I have had this one for a couple months now. So far I've had no clubs snagging. 14 slots plus a putter well.

BM-DriLite-Active-NAVY-BLACK-SILVER-RIGHT.png.4e8f0335bd382dbc089e60ee2ab96a72.png

https://us.bigmaxgolf.com/product/dri-lite-active/

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

Back to the drawing board… LOVED the way the Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 4w felt, and how it flew, but the shaft is just too soft. UGGGGGH! This is the first year I’ve been without a connection for fittings, so I am STRUGGLING filling this slot between driver and 20* hybrid! I’ve tried THREE times to trade the Super Hybrid to Cally Preowned, but she keeps holding on. My CPO inside guy says the ‘21 Apex Hybrid 17* is my club and to just wait until they start showing up.

I’m also waiting on a Max LS 9* that has the MMT 70X shaft to hit CPO too. I’d rather just buy a head, but I just don’t trust eBay, etc for a head. From what I’m hearing from guys who have the same Sledgehammer driver build, Max LS is unbeatable in this set-up.

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Back to the drawing board… LOVED the way the Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 4w felt, and how it flew, but the shaft is just too soft. UGGGGGH! This is the first year I’ve been without a connection for fittings, so I am STRUGGLING filling this slot between driver and 20* hybrid! I’ve tried THREE times to trade the Super Hybrid to Cally Preowned, but she keeps holding on. My CPO inside guy says the ‘21 Apex Hybrid 17* is my club and to just wait until they start showing up.

I’m also waiting on a Max LS 9* that has the MMT 70X shaft to hit CPO too. I’d rather just buy a head, but I just don’t trust eBay, etc for a head. From what I’m hearing from guys who have the same Sledgehammer driver build, Max LS is unbeatable in this set-up.

Put a Ventus Black in the 4W. 

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

13 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Put a Ventus Black in the 4W. 

Good idea, but I don’t want to spend the money for a “trial”…. I need a fitting. Ugh.

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Thinking about regripping all of my clubs. Anyone have a recommendation for some mid size grips that aren't golf pride?

4 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

Thinking about regripping all of my clubs. Anyone have a recommendation for some mid size grips that aren't golf pride?

Lamkins? lol

Pretty big grip shortage right now. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

5 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

Lamkin UTx is one of my favorite midsize grips. I used to use it on all my clubs, right now I have them on all of my woods (irons are different) but I love the combo of comfort and tackiness. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

9 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

... What have you played and liked? Grips are so personal. That said I love the ST+2 Hybrid grips. They are not "tacky" feeling but are extremely grippy and work well for someone that doesn't use a glove. Slightly larger grip under the bottom hand and comes in a mid size. 

https://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/st-hybrid/

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... What have you played and liked? Grips are so personal. That said I love the ST+2 Hybrid grips. They are not "tacky" feeling but are extremely grippy and work well for someone that doesn't use a glove. Slightly larger grip under the bottom hand and comes in a mid size. 

https://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/st-hybrid/

I recently tried a Winn dri tac midsized and liked that. This one looks fairly similar to that just less tacky which might be good. I've actually seen a few people talking about these lately so I might have to give them a shot. Thanks for the help guys

• Like 3

On 7/27/2021 at 4:14 PM, edingc said:

4 Utility Iron: I've been hitting my long irons pretty well but could use a bit more height. I also might entertain hitting a 4 Utility from the tee more often if I had one. I've been hitting the 4 iron a bit more and it's a good club choice on a few holes.

I went from a Mizuno MP 20 Utility 4 iron to now the Srixon ZX and can say the height is unreal.  So easy to hit high and get to land soft if needed.  

• Like 5

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

14 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

I recently tried a Winn dri tac midsized and liked that. This one looks fairly similar to that just less tacky which might be good. I've actually seen a few people talking about these lately so I might have to give them a shot. Thanks for the help guys

I just had to move back to Winn Dri-Tac's, the Lite series in fact.  I just got my irons re-shafted from Project X 6.0s to Steelfiber i95s, and putting my go-to Golf Pride MMC midsize grips on there made the swingweights a problem..  

I don't mind Dri-Tac's but they're not very durable so I'm keeping my eye out for replacement options.  

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I just had to move back to Winn Dri-Tac's, the Lite series in fact.  I just got my irons re-shafted from Project X 6.0s to Steelfiber i95s, and putting my go-to Golf Pride MMC midsize grips on there made the swingweights a problem..  

I don't mind Dri-Tac's but they're not very durable so I'm keeping my eye out for replacement options.  

Just looked up the Dri tac lites and saw that they are 23 grams. That's crazy light. I don't even know where to start with something comparable to that. Not sure if they are available, but maybe the golf pride 25s?

• Like 1

I’m thinking about my beloved Ping G410 LST. Currently waiting from the guy at my shop who has a call in to ping to see what they can do. Was wiping down the face in between shots today and noticed something strange. Brought the club into the shop and he confirmed what I saw and felt: the face is about to fail.  You can both see and feel it. Ugh

6888B5E9-DFEF-431B-B350-F6310484C029.jpeg

6B2408DF-33DA-4EDD-9152-FBA2B6855632.jpeg

• Sad 8

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

22 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

I went with Winn dri-tac and most likely wont switch for awhile. 

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I’m thinking about my beloved Ping G410 LST. Currently waiting from the guy at my shop who has a call in to ping to see what they can do. Was wiping down the face in between shots today any notices something strange. Brought the club into the shop and he confirmed what I am seeing: the face is about to fail.  You can both see and feel it. Ugh

Ping should either repair or replace the head  If it’s not too old or shows abuse.  From what I can see from pic it’s possible weld failure. Ping is usually great with Customer Service but don’t delay.

When I had a problem with my G410 the Golf Shop just sent the club to Ping and they repaired it within 2weeks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I’m thinking about my beloved Ping G410 LST. Currently waiting from the guy at my shop who has a call in to ping to see what they can do. Was wiping down the face in between shots today and noticed something strange. Brought the club into the shop and he confirmed what I saw and felt: the face is about to fail.  You can both see and feel it. Ugh

jesus man how hard are you hitting the ball ... that sucks they should replace it no problem seems like a defect 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

4 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

Just looked up the Dri tac lites and saw that they are 23 grams. That's crazy light. I don't even know where to start with something comparable to that. Not sure if they are available, but maybe the golf pride 25s?

Yeah, I'm probably going to email Golf Pride and Lamkin and see (if they reply) what they recommend. if they have anything.

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver