What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

20 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m thinking about picking up a set of PXG Gen 2 0311 XF irons. Why? I can’t give you a good answer, 😆 except they’re a forged club, and PXG has them for $89 per club with MMT’s, and I’d like to give them a try in the senior flex shaft.

I’m thinking playability wise, they would be a comp to the Ping G series irons, but I’m not sure? I’m hoping some of you have either demoed or play(ed) these and can give me some feedback on them. @Golfspy_CG2 I think you’ve probably hit more different iron sets than most, have you ever played these? 

I’ll be coming from Rogue X’s which are very strongly lofted. I don’t want to lose distance, so I’m thinking maybe getting the lofts strengthened to match Pings power specs. The kicker though is I’d like a high ball flight also. So anyone who’s played the PSL’s, how much affect does it really have?

Thanks in advance… any feedback I can get would be helpful, and I’d love to hear from my guy @cksurfdude and get his thoughts on that MMT Senior flex shaft?

I

I’ve seen them around quite a bit lately and they are definitely “purty”!  Are they that much better I’m not sure.  I talked to 2 guys who had full bag and they love them but couldn’t really say if they were an improvement.  There is a PXG Fitting Van here at least once a month and I’ve been think about it.  
BUT I hit the T300 irons a while ago and frankly I’m kinda liking them…a lot.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Another putter......what I really should do is a putting lesson as I've got a couple great putters to choose from with different shapes.  

• Like 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

54 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

This is strange, but I am 100% satisfied and confident with every club in my bag right now. 

it’s actually kind of strange and weird feeling to not want to look at new specs or tech in clubs right now. 

I pray you all never reach this odd and trouble place in your mind.

I’m sure I’ll be cured by the time 2022 leaks come out. 

Wedges….those grooves are looking abused

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

This is strange, but I am 100% satisfied and confident with every club in my bag right now. 

it’s actually kind of strange and weird feeling to not want to look at new specs or tech in clubs right now. 

Maybe you can bribe the Rapsodo Coach to recommend something new for you? He/she may highly recommend a new driver for the good of your golf swing and game haha 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Maybe you can bribe the Rapsodo Coach to recommend something new for you? He/she may highly recommend a new driver for the good of your golf swing and game haha 

The way that epic is flying, if it does say get something else I’ll call it crazy!

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I like where your head is at Jamie. Now that is positive thinking. 🤣

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Warning.....There's a heretic in the thread!!!   If this was a soccer game you'd get a red card!!  🤣

• Haha 3

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Why would you put that on yourself! lol  Now you are bound to see something you have to have in the next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

25 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Warning.....There's a heretic in the thread!!!   If this was a soccer game you'd get a red card!!  🤣

That’s what I’m worried about! I don’t want to lose my membership! 

Plus, I can’t be the reason why I’m not on tour yet. It has to be my equipment. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

With my current ball striking… those 620 MB/CB combo set really look nice… 

I may need to get rid of the internet, I always get these crazy ideas.  Pretty sure I need a TS4/TSi4 driver, and a matching 3 wood…. 

Really need to get a job in the golf business too so I can “attempt” a PAT… who wouldn’t want to have a pro named Shanks at their course/fitting center/etc… it’s going to happen… probably not.  

But if it did, I would definitely put “Shankster” on the bag.

• Haha 5

Just checked my cash rewards on the old credit card, buying and paying off food for 7 people weekly adds up quick! With a trade in if the PXG driver… I won’t be paying much for that new new TS4…🤔

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I put the TM SIM 2 MAX 9 degree Driver into the bag last week, and let me tell you.. that thing is a weapon! The sound it makes with good contact parlayed with the speed it comes off the face with is noticeably better than the TS3 I was using before. Not knocking the TS3, I love that club but the SIM 2 just feels different. Highly reccomend 👍🏻

Edited by pjgiaquinto
  • Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 6:30 PM, Mr_Theoo said:

Cleaned out the basement and traded some stuff in. Now to narrow down which evnroll model I want. It’s a 3 way tie between the ER 2, 5 and 8. The 11 is a also a dark horse choice but I dont know if I want a mallet that big

EE4A9E34-C105-4128-8779-99A88DB8B8FC.jpeg.22ce5621542b6eccd5bee1458b66db38.jpeg

Got it in today. Went out and played. Had 3 pars in a row and almost drained a 33fter for birdie

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

13 hours ago, chisag said:

... I think this applies to ALL of us. The question is: for how long? For a few it is years. For some it is a season. Others it is months and a select few it is weeks. Of course for dlow206 it is hours. 🤑

I came into the thread to talk about Jumbo max grips and then I see my name was mentioned lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

On 8/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, Rickp said:

I’ve seen them around quite a bit lately and they are definitely “purty”!  Are they that much better I’m not sure.  I talked to 2 guys who had full bag and they love them but couldn’t really say if they were an improvement.  There is a PXG Fitting Van here at least once a month and I’ve been think about it.  
BUT I hit the T300 irons a while ago and frankly I’m kinda liking them…a lot.

I waited and waited for the new T300’s to be revealed, and when MGS said they were offering a chance to review them, I submitted my name for the first time since I’ve been on this site.

Alas, it wasn’t meant to be, but the itch to try new and shiny irons was rekindled, and it looks like the 0311 XF’s will be the ones to scratch that itch.

I was able to get a quote even better than the PXG site. Still $89 per club with the MMT shaft, but no tax and no $60 shipping. I have the online order form all filled out, but I’m still pondering. (which only means I haven’t gotten around to clicking “place order” yet)

So who am I kidding, it’s gonna happen… 😵💫

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

:ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) Distanza 

:callaway-small: ‘18 Rogue 15* Quaranta

:cleveland-small: Hy-wood 18* Cypher

:cleveland-small: Halo Launcher XL 4-DW Cypher   

:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* DG 115

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide 34”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow round things

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black stand bag 

3 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I waited and waited for the new T300’s to be revealed, and when MGS said they were offering a chance to review them, I submitted my name for the first time since I’ve been on this site.

Alas, it wasn’t meant to be, but the itch to try new and shiny irons was rekindled, and it looks like the 0311 XF’s will be the ones to scratch that itch.

I was able to get a quote even better than the PXG site. Still $89 per club with the MMT shaft, but no tax and no $60 shipping. I have the online order form all filled out, but I’m still pondering. (which only means I haven’t gotten around to clicking “place order” yet)

I ordered the T300s after not getting picked as a reviewer lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

11 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

No one on this Site will ever discourage a new club purchase👍
If you pull the trigger out us know!!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*