What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The one thing I don’t recall is whether they get cut to longer length than steel or not. In the past graphite used to be longer and it’s not something I looked into with the ust after my visit to their HQ in 2016 and then playing them on and off there. Some of the details we covered in our visit have slipped the old memory bank. I want to say they are the same length as steel tho

I noted that on my build specs and asked my TS fitter about it.  He said the +1/2" graphite = standard steel is no longer the baseline in most cases and largely dependent on which iron head is used. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

22 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I noted that on my build specs and asked my TS fitter about it.  He said the +1/2" graphite = standard steel is no longer the baseline in most cases and largely dependent on which iron head is used. 

Cool. That’s what I thought. I don’t do my own builds so something I paid much attention to once I left ust hq years ago

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Chipper, for an experiment.

my chipping is not terrible but want to see if a chipper makes my chipping better

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

On 9/1/2021 at 5:06 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well I'll let the picture speak for itself and you can take a guess as to what I'll be looking to get shortly!
IMG_20210831_142644.jpg

I'd like to hear the story on that. Looks like a Callaway Epic flash possibly 

• Like 1

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

Karsten Ping Zing putter

On the fence between Sub70 2 hybrid or 3w. My 3h from them goes as far as my 3w on some shots so I may just go 2h and ditch my xr16 3w

• Like 2

I've loved to browse this thread since getting here.

There's so much fun stuff to consider.

And yet, if I were to be honest, there hasn't been any REAL NEED for me to consider anything new in equipment for decades.

The manufacturers thrive because we men are simply oversized boys who buy more expensive toys anytime that we're  given the opportunity.  It's in our DNA.

Even then, they don't all thrive.

Dunlop, First Flight, Kenneth Smith, Lynx, MacGregor, PowerBilt, Ram. Spalding, Tommy Armour, Walter Hagen and several others aren't still thriving even with us on the loose.

Meanwhile, Callaway, Cobra, Mizuno, Ping, TaylorMade, Titleist, Wilson, and others remain to tempt us into divorce court vulnerability with their shiny new offerings.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JFish350 said:

I'd like to hear the story on that. Looks like a Callaway Epic flash possibly 

Not much of a story. Doing some training, hit one shot sounded funny. Setup hit a second and sounded worse. So put it down and saw a cracked crown. Taking it to the shop and looks like Callaway may replace it or repair?

Oh it's a Epic Sub Zero OG

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

On 8/27/2021 at 10:51 AM, BostonSal said:

I like a lob wedge with low enough bounce to hit from the parking lot asphalt.

My present one, which is great on full shots, doesn't fit that description.

AND, I don't hit that many full-shot lob wedges.  

Who can recommend what?

Vokey offers a 4 degree bounce in their 60, I don't think you could get much less than that.

• Like 4

Take Dead Aim

3 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Vokey offers a 4 degree bounce in their 60, I don't think you could get much less than that.

@BostonSal the Cobra wedges with the 4* Wide-Low grind option sit tight to the ground too.  The width adds a touch of forgiveness.

C5C16DEB-9003-4DA4-8C76-7EF9F74B69C6.png.e115fe00eae12cb961fc50eb5f7a1e6a.png

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not much of a story. Doing some training, hit one shot sounded funny. Setup hit a second and sounded worse. So put it down and saw a cracked crown. Taking it to the shop and looks like Callaway may replace it or repair?

Oh it's a Epic Sub Zero OG

Well congrats son gaining a new max ls!

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

7 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Got it.  58-04 and 60-04, both good clubs, but the 58-04 is no longer made in the SM8 line.

2 hours ago, BostonSal said:

Got it.  58-04 and 60-04, both good clubs, but the 58-04 is no longer made in the SM8 line.

I play the 58/4 but they stopped making that with the SM6. I am trying to track down ones so I have backups if they don't bring it back.

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

Just now, DiscipleofPenick said:

I play the 58/4 but they stopped making that with the SM6. I am trying to track down ones so I have backups if they don't bring it back.

They stopped making it with the SM7.  They may have discontinued it before the end of the SM7 production run, but I have  an SM7   58-04.    It could have been from early in the run.    Very good finesse wedge and very hittable [albeit not exceptionally forgiving ]  on full shots.

• Like 1

After playing really poorly my last outing, I was thinking about going mega Game Improvement Irons. Saw these Tour Edge EXS 220H irons at RBG for under $71 an iron. 
Looking here and on YouTube for reviews is pretty shocking. There was 1 mention I could find here, and all of zero thorough reviews on YouTube. Guess I'll keep waiting for my Sub 70 demos to show up.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

thinking about upgrading to the BGT Stabilizer putting shaft .. putting is a strong point of my game so I am not looking for this to be a super fix just really interested in the shaft and hope it could help a bit . 

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Debating selling my Arccos sensors and link and going with Shotscope, sky caddie, or a range finder since my subscription is due soon. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

Irons and driver shafts.

Traded in pxg irons and proto driver Saturday to tinker with the tsi2 driver. Initial thought is to put my custom ef blue in it for now and finish out the season that way and then test with a new shaft next season. The options are. Ad iz, ventus red, atmos tz5 or 6, la golf or the new ust Lin-q blue(based on shirt conversation with ust’s tour rep)

For irons main ponder is pxg 0211 st. Others are t100-s with t200 4i, p790 zx5/7 combo or all zx5. 

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Hit the epic speed 3w at DGS. I could elevate it. Was nice. Too low spin. Everything was hooky. I think I could get away with a max 3w. 

rolled EVNROLL er2 ( was soft but rolled nice) axis1. (Looked funky but the ball had legs) and a Scotty fastback (don’t get the hype). 

so thinking max 3w and still wanting to try a LAB. 

Received notification from another forum that I won the new King Tec Hybrid of my choice! I had to send-in a custom and stock option. The original message said anything custom, then they sent a second email saying send stock as well, just-in-case.

Asked for the 2 with AD-DI 105 X for custom, and stock comes with MMT.

With what’s been happening here with CCC, I’m curious to see if I get the club before 2022!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1