What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

Sub70 irons look really good! I like the looks of the raw finish. 

• Like 1

Brandon Johnson, MBA
Capt (Sep.) US Air Force 

e: brandon.johnson.mn@gmail.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M5 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - odyssey #9

32 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

Sub70 irons look really good! I like the looks of the raw finish. 

The 949X fairway woods do too... I keep looking at other clubs when I go to look at/configure my next irons.

https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-949x-fairway.html

Edited by Hobert
  • Love 1

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

Had a coupon for Golf Shack in Rockford and I swung by last weekend with my wife and daughters.  First time in a place like this; we didn't have a ton of time to spend but I got to try one of the new Tour Edge drivers.  Newest piece of equipment (by far) that I've ever swung.  I definitely see the allure of constantly upgrading clubs!  Salesman watched me hit and gave me a few pieces of advice which as a beginner I really needed and by the end I was really hitting well.  Not sure if I should look into upgrading now or nearer to the start of next season.

While browsing, my wife came upon a set that she really liked (they were purple) and mentioned that she might like to join me if she had a set like those.  Haven't pulled the trigger just yet but it's funny how I'll have a hard time justifying buying something for myself but I won't think twice about buying something similar if she says she is interested, lol.

• Like 3

Titleist 385k driver

Dunlop 3 and 5 wood

Nickent 3DX 3 hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and Cleveland 588 56° wedges

PIng Anser putter

Well, seeings as how I finally sent off my irons and wedges as part of a trade cash exchange to fund the new purchases for 2021... irons and wedges, really wedges moreso because the irons are already selected, just have to go place the order

• Like 1

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

I have two sets of fairway woods in playable condition.

Titleist PTs in 17, 20, and 23º

Top Flite Intimidator 400s in 16, 21, 25, and 29°.

I had bought the Titleists, and the Top Flites were my late uncle's.

Both of them are from the previous century, I should add.

I also bought a set of barely used Ping G425 SFT fairway woods that I though I might like to collect because they were spaced 3° apart like an old-fashioned set, but I was rescued from that ill-conceived extravagance by another consignment buyer who took them from me.  I had hit them only once on the practice tee.  They were good, but I didn't need them, and now they're a current model that's already been sold at least three times.

The logical thing would be to look into fairway woods.

The Titleist TSi2s and the Callaway Epic Speeds both look awfully good, but I've never actually held one and they're seriously expensive.  Plus I'm not having problems with fairway wood play.  I guess that I'm good for now.

Did something dumb, don't want to talk about it.

With that said, need some new wedges

• Sad 5
  • Hmmm 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Wreck your edels?

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 6s 45")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

9 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Wreck your edels?

Too much heat.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

25 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Wreck your edels?

Yes, don't want to talk about it lol

Updated 11/13/2021

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

this reminds me of being in middle school when people would put up cryptic away messages on AIM that said they wanted to be left alone when they REALLY wanted someone to ask them what was wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

50 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

this reminds me of being in middle school when people would put up cryptic away messages on AIM that said they wanted to be left alone when they REALLY wanted someone to ask them what was wrong. 

I really don't lol. Just thinking about new wedges. 

Solved my issue for new wedges for one out of two wedges. Set wedge T300 53 degree

Updated 11/13/2021

9 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

Ah AIM in middle school was where it was at lol. Many middle school man hours went into crafting away messages 😂 

20 minutes ago, Londo said:

Ah AIM in middle school was where it was at lol. Many middle school man hours went into crafting away messages 😂 

It was all about picking that song lyric that was just right for the situation! 

• Haha 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

9 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I really don't lol. Just thinking about new wedges. 

to be fair, if you didn’t you wouldn’t have mentioned it. 

1 hour ago, Londo said:

it was an art form 

39 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

It was all about picking that song lyric that was just right for the situation! 

used to thank god for the cds that had the lyrics printed in the jacket. that way you made sure you got it just right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Been thinking about shafts lately, which I've mentioned, but there's a change recently....

It's increasingly obvious that I don't hit the ball anywhere near as high anymore as I used to.  Especially watching a younger friend of mine hit shots that I used to exceed in trajectory, hitting the ball a magnitude or two higher than what I hit now.

So, shaft experimentation is on hold.  I may be switching things up a bit.  Pulled my Eye2+ out of the golf room closet, the set I set aside because the trajectory was so high it created an unwelcome distance gap at the short end of the set.  Put them in the bag for yesterday.

I also own a set of ISI, which I hit even higher than the Eye2+.  However, they have DGX shafts, which are a bit much for a full round for me these days.  Combine that with the graphite shafts I've been using....

and I am thinking about picking up a newer set of Pings, with graphite shafts to suit me.  Possibly delving into the world of Sub 70. 

Or...   finally picking up a set of MP-14s, or reverting to the MS-11s that I also set aside due to trajectory "entertainment."

Every damm year, I do all this crap at the end of the season.  You could set a watch (or calendar) by it...

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

I’m thinking very seriously about putting a 5 hybrid in my bag again.

It’s not that I don’t like my 5 iron, I do. It’s just that there are so many times I pull it out of the bag and wonder to myself why I won’t just make things easier for myself? If I’m in a fairway bunker or rough about 160-165 out I’m kicking myself for not having one. I love 3&4 hybrids, but there’s just something weird about looking at a 5 hybrid at setup, especially if I’m hitting it on a par 3.
It just seems to my eye it has so much more loft than a 5 iron, and instead of feeling comfortable with that, I’m the opposite. My brain tells me the ball is going to go almost straight up in the air when I hit it, and it’s going to come up short. Then I swing harder to “get it there”. I know this makes very little sense, but a lot of things my brain tells me make little to no sense.

Not an easy decision…

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max 9* Cypher

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* Cypher

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* & 21* Kuro Kage

PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-AW MMT

:titelist-small: SM8 52F & 58D DG S200

:ping-small: Kushion 4.0 34”

Also in rotation :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18*, :titelist-small:TSi2 24*, :scotty-small: Newport 2.0

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+Black stand bag

I'm thinking about irons or, maybe, new shafts for my irons.

As I'm getting more consistent with my game I'm now thinking that a fitting would be good so I'm selling off loads of old stuff to get a pot of cash together for a purchase.

Currently playing MP32 with DG S300 shafts that I bought off eBay so I'm not sure the shafts are right for me. Love how the clubs feel so started thinking I might be better looking at shaft options rather than a completely new set but there's so many shiny things out there and I've not had a new set before....

• Like 4

:cobra-small: F6+ Matrix Black Tie 65M4 X-Flex

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue🆕

:titelist-small: 816 H1 19° Aldila Rogue Black 85H

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Fubuki Z80 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 🆕

:mizuno-small: MP-32 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG12 52° Gap

:cleveland-small: CG15 56° Sand

:cleveland-small: CG15 60° Lob

DStar #1 Putter

:titelist-small: AVX Balls

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

Shotscope sale has me tempted

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 6s 45")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

I have started dropping hints to my wife that I could use a new bag. Getting midsize grips in and out of the current 6-way bag is driving me a little crazy. I wanted one club, not 3 thank you! Thinking a Sun Mountain LS 4.5 with the 14 way top would make a good birthday/Christmas gift for me. 

• Like 1

Driver: Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu
3 Wood: Snake Eyes Viper Tour, Aldila NV
Hybrids: Snake Eyes Viper Tour 18 and 24 deg, Aldila NV
Irons: Srixon I-701 5-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120
Wedges: Callaway X-Forged 50, 54, and 58, Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Putter: Yes! Marilyn

On 10/19/2021 at 1:10 PM, rbsiedsc said:

Shotscope sale has me tempted

Got the email too, forwarded onto the wife as she is gearing into Christmas gift buying mode since she is an ultra planner and shipping will be the ultimate monkey wrench this year

• Like 2