jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Shanksters Wish List

I've been thinking about upgrading the bag a lot since joining MGS… So many good reviews, awesome blogs, and a lot of real opinions on equipment. Bravo to the whole community, it truly is a spot to come learn about golf, equipment, courses, and meet some dang good people.

So I'll be selling my old Toyota here this week . And I thought what better way to invest that than getting a whole new bag. Wife might nix that idea but if I get my way this is what the bag will look like… One can dream right... (It might surprise you)

Driver: Cobra F7+

3 Wood: Keep my Gamer. TM SLDR TS (get a matte finish)

5 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler

DI: TM UDI 1 iron

Iron Set: Cobra King LTD CB 2-9 or Titleist 716 CB 2-9

Wedges: 47°, 51°, 55°, 59°, 63° Cobra King or Vokey

Putter: Keep my Cobra and add another 8802 Style

Bag: Wilson Brown Leather Carry bag

What do you think?

- Alan

• Like 1

Very happy with my bag, but I have been on the lookout for a set of Macgregor PMB irons or Hogan Apex 99's for a cheap price.

Shanksters Wish List

I've been thinking about upgrading the bag a lot since joining MGS… So many good reviews, awesome blogs, and a lot of real opinions on equipment. Bravo to the whole community, it truly is a spot to come learn about golf, equipment, courses, and meet some dang good people.

So I'll be selling my old Toyota here this week . And I thought what better way to invest that than getting a whole new bag. Wife might nix that idea but if I get my way this is what the bag will look like… One can dream right... (It might surprise you)

Driver: Cobra F7+

3 Wood: Keep my Gamer. TM SLDR TS (get a matte finish)

5 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler

DI: TM UDI 1 iron

Iron Set: Cobra King LTD CB 2-9 or Titleist 716 CB 2-9

Wedges: 47°, 51°, 55°, 59°, 63° Cobra King or Vokey

Putter: Keep my Cobra and add another 8802 Style

Bag: Wilson Brown Leather Carry bag

What do you think?

- Alan

Hey if it works dude go with it!  It looks like you are digging deep into the Cobra vault which is commendable seeing how well their stuff is made.  My recent purchase of the King F6 made me a believer in Cobra products.

• Like 1

Now that cobra is throwing in a fairway or hybrid with driver purchase........

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Currently very tempted for the boa eccos. Love eccos, love boa, need my current shoes to wear out!! Must play golf more to speed up the process!!

• Like 1

Currently very tempted for the boa eccos. Love eccos, love boa, need my current shoes to wear out!! Must play golf more to speed up the process!!

ive heard that Ecco shoes are ridiculously comfortable...I've thought about them but have never purchased a pair

ive heard that Ecco shoes are ridiculously comfortable...I've thought about them but have never purchased a pair

Buddy I play with has some and he never takes them off, ever. Drives to the course in em and completely swears by them, so much so I am eyeing some!

Be good to ya feet and they'll be good to you!  You put them puppies in an ill fit shoe and after a long day on the course, most likely your feet won't let ya sleep good that night.  Ecco shoes treat ya feet real good! ;) 

• Like 2

Don't really need a new putter but I have some paypal funds so I am still considering getting a new one.  Was considering wedges,  but that is off my list for now.    

Very happy with my bag, but I have been on the lookout for a set of Macgregor PMB irons or Hogan Apex 99's for a cheap price.

I have a set of the apex and I love them!

- Flynn

Can't cure the itch for a Srixon cart bag, but the one I want is back ordered until August 1st  :(

• Like 1

Can't cure the itch for a Srixon cart bag, but the one I want is back ordered until August 1st  :(

That bag is a popular item!  Maybe they will have them available soon however just for assurance, it might not be bad to go ahead and get on the waiting list. ;) 

• Like 1

Can't believe how evil you guys are, I'm literally hovering over the buy now on ecco's web page. Definitely miss my old biom's!!

Well.... what are you waiting for? DO IT.  ;)

• Like 1

Driver. So far I've never been fitted for any club, I'd like to get fitted for a driver and see if I can get a little extra distance by doing so.

• Like 1

Driver. So far I've never been fitted for any club, I'd like to get fitted for a driver and see if I can get a little extra distance by doing so.

I can honestly say if you haven't been fit for a driver that has come out in the past year or two, you are probably missing out on some yards or forgiveness.   I was shocked when I went for the Titleist fitting last year, as to the combo that ended up working best for me.   

You should definitely do it, if you're thinking about it. 

• Like 1

I'm not thinking about buying anything else for a while but when the Tour Edge 4 wood arrives I will want some necessary tweaks to what I have.

Here goes:

Driver G30 Paderson Kinetex 45" - stays as is.

Fairway - Tour Exotics 4 wood Matrix White tie - gets the rest of the summer in for audition

Hybrids 4 and 5 SLDR S - stay as is.

Irons - playoff between Wilson C100 w/Matrix Studio 6.1 and C200 with Adila rogue. If C100's win I have to determine whether to pull the studios and put them into the C200's or not. Winning 6 iron needs to be strengthened 2 degrees and 7 iron 1 to even out the gap between 6 iron and 5 hybrid.

Wedges SCOR 44,56,52,48 - they will need to be regripped soon - find SCOR grips or something more conventional is the question.

EVNRoll E5 - in possibly for the rest of my life. Of course it will need to be re-gripped from time to time but not now.

• Like 2

I'm not thinking about buying anything else for a while but when the Tour Edge 4 wood arrives I will want some necessary tweaks to what I have.

Here goes:

Driver G30 Paderson Kinetex 45" - stays as is.

Fairway - Tour Exotics 4 wood Matrix White tie - gets the rest of the summer in for audition

Hybrids 4 and 5 SLDR S - stay as is.

Irons - playoff between Wilson C100 w/Matrix Studio 6.1 and C200 with Adila rogue. If C100's win I have to determine whether to pull the studios and put them into the C200's or not. Winning 6 iron needs to be strengthened 2 degrees and 7 iron 1 to even out the gap between 6 iron and 5 hybrid.

Wedges SCOR 44,56,52,48 - they will need to be regripped soon - find SCOR grips or something more conventional is the question.

EVNRoll E5 - in possibly for the rest of my life. Of course it will need to be re-gripped from time to time but not now.

That EvnRoll E5 really knocked ya socks off huh?   I was hoping to roll one at the PGA Super Store in Atlanta (Sugarloaf) however I didn't see any. :( 

• Like 1

My Callaway Steelheads arrive today 😃

No more mizzys? Sad day