What equipment are you thinking about?

jlukes

I keep thinking about taking the plunge on a Wishon 12-point fitting for a set of irons. I have played around with different OEM offerings (and their version of custom fitting) and I guess I can say that I have been drinking the Wishon koolaid regarding what he would consider a "true" custom fit. I'm a sucker for the lore of an ornery genius who sits in his tower designing new clubs. I don't think Tom would object too much to my characterization—makes him seem like some sort of modern day wizard. Anyway, my equipment yearnings often change by the month so we will see.

I have the #3 & #4 Wishon Hybrids...they are so legit. Only issue to beware is essentially $0 trade value. Nevertheless, I love my hybrids.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I keep thinking about taking the plunge on a Wishon 12-point fitting for a set of irons. I have played around with different OEM offerings (and their version of custom fitting) and I guess I can say that I have been drinking the Wishon koolaid regarding what he would consider a "true" custom fit. I'm a sucker for the lore of an ornery genius who sits in his tower designing new clubs. I don't think Tom would object too much to my characterization—makes him seem like some sort of modern day wizard. Anyway, my equipment yearnings often change by the month so we will see.

You won't regret it.... the Wishon sticks are the real deal when fit properly...

• Like 1

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Have the SKLZ version of the orange whip; definitely useful and in fact I need to get it out of the garage and into motion a few more times.

Read another MGS post somewhere suggested pairing that with a Swing Click to really work on tempo and transition.

Agree with the SKLZ version, 1/2 the cost of the orange whip and is a great for tempo, lag, and building feeling. Great warm up tool As well. Also, if you get the 48 inch driver version, just choke down on the grip for iron lengths.

I think this and the DST compressor would be a great combo of tools. Haven't tried the swing click

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Agree with the SKLZ version, 1/2 the cost of the orange whip and is a great for tempo, lag, and building feeling. Great warm up tool As well. Also, if you get the 48 inch driver version, just choke down on the grip for iron lengths.

I think this and the DST compressor would be a great combo of tools. Haven't tried the swing click

Just wondering... were you able to swing both the SKLZ and Orange whip?  If so, was there a noticeable difference or was it negligible?

Just wondering... were you able to swing both the SKLZ and Orange whip? If so, was there a noticeable difference or was it negligible?

I've swung both and I have the SKLZ. The "shaft" felt firmer.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Being a numbers type of guy, in really intrigued by Arccos 360. Only downside is I don't like playing with my phone in my pocket. But I'd love to have the stats Arccos provides.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Looking for new set of wedges. My Titleist SM4 50, 54, 60 are worn out. My Scor wedges have started to lose their spin also 53 and 57. Thinking about the Edels, I live in San Antonio so should be Abel to schedule fitting at the factory only about an hour drive. Not sure I want to spend that much per wedge though. Any recommendations?

I have a set of SCORs, 50* bent to 49, 54* bent to 53 and a 57*. I also have a 41* and 45*. Since I now have Ben Hogans, I do not need the SCORs.

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

seeing some good deals on Game Golf and I need a stat tracker... might pull the trigger on this but not sure how much a PITA it is to "tag" the sensor before each shot...

Being a numbers type of guy, in really intrigued by Arccos 360. Only downside is I don't like playing with my phone in my pocket. But I'd love to have the stats Arccos provides.

I wonder if one of them apple watches would be able to download the Arccos app?  It would probably be too small to read however it would be cool if they had a larger face watch to make this work. 

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

I wonder if one of them apple watches would be able to download the Arccos app? It would probably be too small to read however it would be cool if they had a larger face watch to make this work.

If you get the newest Apple Watch, it has built in GPS so you would no longer need your phone in your pocket. You can just glance down at your wrist for distances, club recommendations, score tracking, and adding/removing putts. This is one of the main reasons I want to get an Apple Watch, I feel I'd use Arccos a lot more if I had one.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

If you get the newest Apple Watch, it has built in GPS so you would no longer need your phone in your pocket. You can just glance down at your wrist for distances, club recommendations, score tracking, and adding/removing putts. This is one of the main reasons I want to get an Apple Watch, I feel I'd use Arccos a lot more if I had one.

Ok yea this would be much more practical.  The problem being not everyone would want that expense just for a golf app.  

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

Ok yea this would be much more practical. The problem being not everyone would want that expense just for a golf app.

Yeah, the phone in pocket is the only downfall with Arccos. It doesn't bother me any, as mine is usually there anyway since I walk. But, for those who don't I can see how it would be annoying. Game Golf Live is an option, but you still have to carry the small sensor or whatever on your waist.

I pulled the trigger on a TaylorMade tour platinum spider putter. Got at a adidas TaylorMade event for $131.99. I was originally eyeing a Ping Vault Bergen Slate but the price for TM was to good to pass up. I've been using an odyssey 2 ball putter for the past 14 years.

Didn't Ben Hogan buy Scor? I was thinking about the Hogan wedges but I heard they were going out of business too.

Yes, the SCORs became Hogans and yes, they did file bankruptcy in Jan. However, I just purchased a new set of Ptx irons and Tkt wedges from Hogan at a significant discount.

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Haha funny you guys should post about this. Actually thinking about getting a watch. I walk occasionally so I wonder if just having my phone in my bag/push cart would be enough.

I was trying to figure out if having the watch would allow me to keep my phone in the cart. Does it work pretty well still even if the phone is in the cart?

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Haha funny you guys should post about this. Actually thinking about getting a watch. I walk occasionally so I wonder if just having my phone in my bag/push cart would be enough.

I was trying to figure out if having the watch would allow me to keep my phone in the cart. Does it work pretty well still even if the phone is in the cart?

If you bought the Apple Watch with GPS, you wouldn't need your phone on you at all. But, if you buy a previous version of the watch without the GPS, you'll still need your phone, as it will use the GPS to track where all of your shots are taken from.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to the Black Tie I will be testing. Played my first tournament of the year and I missed a few left feeling the torque of the clubhead snap through. I really want to see if the lower torque shaft helps with that.

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X