What equipment are you thinking about?

Golfspy_Lukes

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

157EDD3A-BA98-4441-966D-1C9F1D77B7EE.jpeg.eb2263fa11ed9f98b4d098b9ddada6e9.jpeg

I think the framing of your picture is off a little bit, there's a big pink thing getting in the way of your kicks! 😉

Jokes aside, what are your thoughts? Did you buy it, or just testing it out?

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

5 hours ago, edingc said:

Well, what did you think?!?

3 hours ago, ncwoz said:

I think the framing of your picture is off a little bit, there's a big pink thing getting in the way of your kicks! 😉

Jokes aside, what are your thoughts? Did you buy it, or just testing it out?

Played a fundraiser scramble tournament today and the course it was held at is where Truespec happens to live. Since I got my new irons in, I went to go thank the fitter (as I mentioned in my Truespec thread, I've known her for a few years now) and she said she had the new TSR heads and asked if I wanted to try them. Told her I wanted to try an Autoflex so she built me one in my current head. She said it's probably going to be good for me because I have a slow/smooth tempo. She's fit me for two Titleist drivers in the past and now irons, so she pretty much knows what works for me at this point.

At first, swinging the "stiff" flex, I wasn't really impressed. It was spinning a bunch and I didn't gain any distance, but it didn't really want to go anywhere but straight. Then she said let's try the "x" that I posted in the picture and I have to say the hype is real. Club speed didn't really increase. I got faster as I warmed up, but still in the 105 range. I might've lost speed since I'm not playing as much, so maybe I did gain. I didn't get my gamer out to measure against because I didn't want to turn it into a free fitting and be "that guy"

I was consistently in the 152-155 ball speed range spinning at 2200 ish and seeing 280 on quad hitting ProVs. The best part tho was that it felt effortless. Like I didn't have to put much into it at all, and it was just being sent.

What's most interesting was it was a stock head. I remember your thread @edingc and specifically the many iterations of head weights you had to play with to get the swing weight dialed in.

Told her I'll be back when they get the Brava shaft so I can try them side by side. I could probably just slap one in and call it a day, but at that price I want to do my due diligence, and also make sure I'm in the right head, though I really like the Rogue ST LS.

Also the kicks are 🔥. BOA is pretty cool and makes slipping your shoes on and off a breeze! Was concerned these are "wide" and I'm skinny all the way down to my feet, but they fit nicely. Easily my most comfortable shoe, hope they make more colorways with the BOA laces.

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

I was consistently in the 152-155 ball speed range spinning at 2200 ish and seeing 280 on quad hitting ProVs. The best part tho was that it felt effortless. Like I didn't have to put much into it at all, and it was just being sent.

What's most interesting was it was a stock head. I remember your thread @edingc and specifically the many iterations of head weights you had to play with to get the swing weight dialed in.

Told her I'll be back when they get the Brava shaft so I can try them side by side. I could probably just slap one in and call it a day, but at that price I want to do my due diligence, and also make sure I'm in the right head, though I really like the Rogue ST LS.

I do wonder if I had gotten into the 505XX if I would have had better results.

The Brava shaft is intriguing, I wonder how it feels compared to the AF? Ian's results on TXG really have me interested.

• Like 5

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 6.7 / Anti-Cap: 12.8 (Last Updated Oct. 13, 2022)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Club Champion Fitting
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

Currently Testing: Edel SMS Wedges
WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

5 hours ago, edingc said:

I do wonder if I had gotten into the 505XX if I would have had better results.

The Brava shaft is intriguing, I wonder how it feels compared to the AF? Ian's results on TXG really have me interested.

I know you were working on getting stronger and stuff so maybe you just "outgrew" the x and the xx might've been a good switch. Again, hard to commit to something with a hefty price tag like that without being able to test. The Brava might be good for you! Ian said it felt more stable to him. It might be a good autoflex alternative for the stronger swing?

• Like 5

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 minutes ago, garyflynn said:

I have heard that autoflex shafts will be available in some of the major brands next year.  Does anyone know if this is true or not.  I am wanting one but was waiting to order through a major company if possible.

So it is available in the current Callaway line and just saw it's an option in TSR as well.

• Like 1

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4.0 C, DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

10 minutes ago, garyflynn said:

What is TSR?

Titleist's new driver line

• Like 1

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4.0 C, DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

923 HM Pro

went to the store today to figure out HM vs HM Pro. 923 heads are not in yet, so needed to use 921 as a proxy. Hit the HM pro much better. in theory, HM should be more forgiving, but for my spinny mishits, the HM pro provided less distance loss via less spin. 

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I'd like to upgrade my wedges, but I'm not sure if I need to do so.  I've got a new lob wedge but my gap and sand wedges are older.  If all my shots roll out no matter what, is a newer club really necessary?

• Like 3

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

PXG 0211 3 wood and Tour Edge Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and SM8 60° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

9 hours ago, JerryB said:

I'd like to upgrade my wedges, but I'm not sure if I need to do so.  I've got a new lob wedge but my gap and sand wedges are older.  If all my shots roll out no matter what, is a newer club really necessary?

I don’t think you can ask this group if you need a new wedge, the answer will be yes.😁
actually you may not reading your description.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, JerryB said:

Yes and no. It could be the grooves are worn out and you need fresh grooves.

It could be your technique which is the first place I would look. If your lob wedge is rolling out a lot I’ll put my money on technique, also based on your profile I would lean that way too.

It could be a combo of both making worn grooves and the effect worse 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Not thinking about them because I have them but...

If you need wedges, DO NOT overlook the Mizuno T-22. Even Vosh thinks they're the best wedges they've made.

Example, I can't hit out of bunkers so I got a Cleveland Smart Sole S. That's gone and I'll be using my T-22 56° from now on. It's as easy to hit our of bunkers as the S.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I am thinking about getting some balata balls. It would really be the icing on the cake to play them using my new to me '72 Hogan Apex blades

• Like 1

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

22 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

I am thinking about getting some balata balls. It would really be the icing on the cake to play them using my new to me '72 Hogan Apex blades

If you do, you will quickly understand why golf ball enhancements over the last 20 years are so incredible (assuming you have never played balata before).  Titleist Tour Balata 90's and the Bridgestone Rextars used to be my "buy them by the case" gamers.. I had to buy in quantity, because they went out of round after about 3 or 4 holes in normal play... let alone an occasional "bladed" smiley face.  Soft, spinny, short, fun... and it will give you a true appreciation for every ball on the market today :).  

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX

After complaining so long about being unable to hit a hybrid, i love my Callaway ST Max 5 hybrid with the GD AD-DI 85S hybrid shaft. Thinking about adding the same hybrid in a 4. 

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 9/7/2022 at 11:34 AM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Rogue ST lineup now on CPO, FYI

I am a weak weak man.  I pushed the button and bought myself a set of these suckers.  They should arrive Wed/Thursday.  When I went to the fitting a month or so ago this setup got me 30 yards on my 7 iron.  I think it's the shafts.  Same head with different shafts got less launch and more dispersion.

133287722_ScreenShot2022-09-19at10_53_58AM.png.f2b5f00c1ede450f6293ae221491a130.png

• Like 2

Driver - Titleist 910D - 9.5° - 43" Diamana shaft
Wood - Wilson X-31 (circa 2000) 5-wood - TrueTemper Red shaft
Hybrid - Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w/ ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
             AW - Wilson Staff Di9 w/ TX 99 Superlight steel shaft
Wedges - Kirkland signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland KS1

TopFlite Gamer balls - 'cuz I'm cheap and not good enough yet for good balls

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

On 9/17/2022 at 7:27 PM, JerryB said:

I also have to go with yes and no.  If they are forged, then they will certainly be more worn.  Unless you have good technique and play wedge shots to check up, there is noting wrong with playing wedge shots that roll out a lot.  In fact, I consider the roll out to be more predictable.  When you have new sharp grooves, sometimes you pick the ball perfectly and it checks up when you don't expect it; other times when slightly mishit or incorrect technique, the ball will roll out.  The result is longer putts.  Happened to me a lot when I got my new wedges in 2019.  I use my LW a lot around the green and I could probably replace it, but I can control distance with the ball I'm using, swing effort, trajectory and a predictable roll out.  I don't need to spin the ball.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

With how much I like my Evenflow shaft in my hybrid I’m thinking about grabbing one for my driver and getting a lighter flex since my back got messed up on a swing with the x-stiff I have in now and going lighter

• Like 1

Santa better get a 2nd Job....

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX