jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Oddly I'm not lookijg at anything right now. Pretty much did a complete bag make over between January and May.

Only thing I see on the horizon is the 917 line when it's released this fall.

• Like 1

i need to replace my Vokey 58 wedge, it's been 3-4 years so it's about time. The grooves are pretty shot on it. Other than that, I'm pretty set for right now.

Thinking about a Vokey SM6 50 degree gap wedge.  Enjoy the 545 set gap wedge that I have, especially for full shots, but I have been wanting to work on adding a chip that runs more.  I should probably try my current set gap wedge a bunch first before knocking it out of the bag.

• Like 1

After a conversation with a Pro around here, I need to definitely make a change (bending at least) with my wedges. My gaps don't flow how I need them to after my z545 PW. I have too much yardage in-between clubs. More reason the new Clevelands will have a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about a Vokey SM6 50 degree gap wedge.  Enjoy the 545 set gap wedge that I have, especially for full shots, but I have been wanting to work on adding a chip that runs more.  I should probably try my current set gap wedge a bunch first before knocking it out of the bag.

I have the 50 SM6 amd have my Set aw just sitting in the corner.

I am even thinking about ordering 45 or 46 in the SM6 which would replace the PW of the set as I like them that much.

• Like 1

After a conversation with a Pro around here, I need to definitely make a change (bending at least) with my wedges. My gaps don't flow how I need them to after my z545 PW. I have too much yardage in-between clubs. More reason the new Clevelands will have a shot.

Makes sense - you have about 7 degrees between you pw and gw. I struggled getting my top distance with the Glides so that could be in play too. Perhaps you go 50, 54 58 or 50, 54, 60
  • Like 1

I have the 50 SM6 amd have my Set aw just sitting in the corner.

I am even thinking about ordering 45 or 46 in the SM6 which would replace the PW of the set as I like them that much.

Not helping things Rob, haha. F grind on the 50?
  • Like 1

Makes sense - you have about 7 degrees between you pw and gw. I struggled getting my top distance with the Glides so that could be in play too. Perhaps you go 50, 54 58 or 50, 54, 60

LOL!!

Yep F grind on the 50 and M on the 54. If I recall correctly the grinds correctly that gives me teo options when the ground goes from very hard (f) to a bit softer (m)

• Like 1

LOL!!

Yep F grind on the 50 and M on the 54. If I recall correctly the grinds correctly that gives me teo options when the ground goes from very hard (f) to a bit softer (m)

Yup, I have the M Grind on my 60.  Would likely go F on my 50 if it ever happens.

• Like 1

I have the 50/54/58. The PW goes 135, 50* goes 114, 54* goes 100, 58* goes 85...

I have the 50/54/58. The PW goes 135, 50* goes 114, 54* goes 100, 58* goes 85...

Yup. That is the issue I had with the Glides. My gap wedge (545) is 51* an goes 123ish and my 54 degree only went 95. My vokey 54 goes 105
  • Like 1

Yup. That is the issue I had with the Glides. My gap wedge (545) is 51* an goes 123ish and my 54 degree only went 95. My vokey 54 goes 105

Those are distances I'm not familar with, I must have gotten weak SM6's.   :D

• Like 3

I'm kind of eyeing that M2 fairway wood after seeing the test results. Now it's only a matter of getting the right price

MP-25's. I see them when I close my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I'm kind of eyeing that M2 fairway wood after seeing the test results. Now it's only a matter of getting the right price

That was a pretty cool test and neat results.  I have a 3w I'm happy with right now, but I have spoken to others who really like the M2 3 wood that they've been playing. 

• Like 1

Such a great fairway wood. Didn't think it would be able to kick the e8 Beta out of the bag after I won the M2 at an outing but after one round the e8 beta went to the bench

What are you gaming now?

• Like 1

Such a great fairway wood. Didn't think it would be able to kick the e8 Beta out of the bag after I won the M2 at an outing but after one round the e8 beta went to the bench

What are you gaming now?

I have an X2 Hot 3 wood right now, but its a bit chunky for me. It flies like a rocket off the tee, but its a bit rough to get clean off the deck.

MP-25's. I see them when I close my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I had those for a minute. Great clubs!!!

I have an X2 Hot 3 wood right now, but its a bit chunky for me. It flies like a rocket off the tee, but its a bit rough to get clean off the deck.

M2 will likely launch a bit higher (assuming you have the Tour Blue shaft in the x2 hot).  I was playing a 16.5 e8 beta with a Rogue Silver and I am not playing the M2 with the stock stiff shaft at 15 degrees.  The combination of the head and shaft makes it launch higher and easier than the e8 beta (which was a low launcher).  I have hit the M2 off the fairway and out of the rough (with a decent lie) with great results.

• Like 1

I've been striking my irons pretty well overall, but still can't get the Srixons I hit at the PGA show the past two years out of my mind.

Setup the 2nd Swing Tour Van iron fitting for next Tuesday morning!

• Like 1