jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Think about a Rogue 3 and 5 wood?

Anyone think these are the real deal?

I think different clubs work for different people. Some should avoid 3 wood. But if you want one I would also look at the cobra f8 and f8+.

• Like 1

I think different clubs work for different people. Some should avoid 3 wood. But if you want one I would also look at the cobra f8 and f8+.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Another vote for the F8 fairway wood

Just ordered a Graffaloy BiMatrix Tour Prototype for my F8+ on the cheap. Hopefully the steel tip section helps eliminate the left side of the golf course better than my HZRDUS Yellow.

Well, I wasn't thinking about any equipment other than perhaps reshafting my irons, regripping my new wedges and perhaps getting a used SLDR 3HL fairway metal. since I love the driver and the hybrids. OK, that's quite a bit of equipment.

Then I got back involved with MGS. They were doing member testing of the Mizuno ST180. Suddenly, I was interested in a new driver. And they also had that Global Golf add sitting on the right hand side of the screen to Trade In and Trade Up. So, I checked out a few extra clubs I have sitting here collecting dust.

And now I will soon have $650 dollars in store credit.

Originally, I was going to get a Mizuno ST180 driver, but after careful consideration, a new driver will not effect my score. When I miss a fairway it is not the driver's fault. As far as distance gains, I seriously doubt that I will gain more than 5 yards with a new driver. Sure if I could gain 30 it would be great, but not very realistic.

So I thought about what would really help my game and have come up with 2 things. A GPS/Range Finder and a new putter. Yeah, I have a putter or 5 putters but I have never bought a brand new putter.

I went to the PGA Superstore today and gave myself a putter fitting. It is amazing how much the neck arrangement has on the ball going into the hole. I did find that with a plumber neck style putter I made significantly more putts than my current gamer.

So a Range Finder and a putter seem to be coming in the near future. Besides, a driver worth $300 today is worth $30 in a couple of years. Where a Putter worth $300 today is worth $250 in a couple of years.

• Like 2

Well, I wasn't thinking about any equipment other than perhaps reshafting my irons, regripping my new wedges and perhaps getting a used SLDR 3HL fairway metal. since I love the driver and the hybrids. OK, that's quite a bit of equipment.

Then I got back involved with MGS. They were doing member testing of the Mizuno ST180. Suddenly, I was interested in a new driver. And they also had that Global Golf add sitting on the right hand side of the screen to Trade In and Trade Up. So, I checked out a few extra clubs I have sitting here collecting dust.

And now I will soon have $650 dollars in store credit.

Originally, I was going to get a Mizuno ST180 driver, but after careful consideration, a new driver will not effect my score. When I miss a fairway it is not the driver's fault. As far as distance gains, I seriously doubt that I will gain more than 5 yards with a new driver. Sure if I could gain 30 it would be great, but not very realistic.

So I thought about what would really help my game and have come up with 2 things. A GPS/Range Finder and a new putter. Yeah, I have a putter or 5 putters but I have never bought a brand new putter.

I went to the PGA Superstore today and gave myself a putter fitting. It is amazing how much the neck arrangement has on the ball going into the hole. I did find that with a plumber neck style putter I made significantly more putts than my current gamer.

So a Range Finder and a putter seem to be coming in the near future. Besides, a driver worth $300 today is worth $30 in a couple of years. Where a Putter worth $300 today is worth $250 in a couple of years.

I'd argue that if you get a driver that is properly fit to you, who really cares what the resale value is.

I'd argue that if you get a driver that is properly fit to you, who really cares what the resale value is.

True, I never cared about resell value before, and have rarely even resold a club. I still have clubs I bought in 2004. (One still keeps creeping back into the bag. 980F 17* is still simply awesome.)

But I have a driver that fits me properly, so since I will be changing one driver for a new one, I may gain a few yards but not a game changer. Sure, if suddenly I became DJ or BK (Brooks deserves his own initials) than sure, give me a new driver. but realistically I can only shave strokes with better iron play, wedges, and putter. I have brand new wedges, and nothing wrong with my irons.

Putter and range finder seem that best use of the credit.

• Like 1

Today is the day I finally completely ditch Taylormade and get my Titleist AP1's!

Find out what Mizuno will be releasing at the British Open this year. Always like seeing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I started using them this year, and I've had a lot of success. Good distance and control. 

I probably need new shoes. I see all these new golf shoes that look and feel like normal sneakers, but I prefer the cleated shoes. That's what I learned to play with and I think they definitely grip the ground better, when needed. I like the puma/cobra gear. Any suggestions on a shoe from them?

Thinking I need a set of slightly more forgiving irons. I game Cleveland 588 forged cb/mb combo currently but not sure what to look for.

Actually everything the bag is performing exactly as I want it to. Wouldn't mind upgrading my wedges at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the PING G700s on my mind for a while now... the contest just serves to stoke that flame. I'm a decent ball striker but I've always wondered what would happen if I made the switch to an "ultra game improvement" iron. Sure, I'd catch the occasional flier, but I'm willing to bet my side-to-side dispersion would really tighten-up.

I've also been thinking about buying a cheap left-handed putter. My golf instructor is a righty that putts left-handed, the reason being that he wants his dominant hand leading the club. I am a terrible putter, so I wonder if this would help fix me from inside 12 feet.

Thinking about getting a nasty set of blades. I enjoy smaller club heads and despise offset. I'm not looking to spend more than $200 on a used set with DG S300 shafts. I've been looking at the Titleist MB 710s and some Mizunos. The Mizuno MP32s are just gorgeous.  

I used to play the 2007 Callaway X-Forged Cavity Backs and now am playing the Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavities. I loved the X-Forged but they were non-conforming so I got the J38 PCs which are a little more forgiving but I don't feel that sense of confidence as to where the ball is going to go. Still great irons, just a little chunkier and not as buttery as the X-Forged.

Don't try to convince me they won't work. I am only looking to use them for fun. I've always hit my irons high and feel some MBs may help bring down the flight. If anyone has any good muscle back suggestions, I am all ears.

Thinking about getting a nasty set of blades. I enjoy smaller club heads and despise offset. I'm not looking to spend more than $200 on a used set with DG S300 shafts. I've been looking at the Titleist MB 710s and some Mizunos. The Mizuno MP32s are just gorgeous.

I used to play the 2007 Callaway X-Forged Cavity Backs and now am playing the Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavities. I loved the X-Forged but they were non-conforming so I got the J38 PCs which are a little more forgiving but I don't feel that sense of confidence as to where the ball is going to go. Still great irons, just a little chunkier and not as buttery as the X-Forged.

Don't try to convince me they won't work. I am only looking to use them for fun. I've always hit my irons high and feel some MBs may help bring down the flight. If anyone has any good muscle back suggestions, I am all ears.

KZG or Wishon irons

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I'm thinking about pulling my Smart Sole S out of the bag and putting an older 58* Ping iWedge back in, and hitting the practice bunker to see how things go.

I'm thinking about pulling my Smart Sole S out of the bag and putting an older 58* Ping iWedge back in, and hitting the practice bunker to see how things go.

May I ask why?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

May I ask why?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Because the other day I was hitting my 54* out of the trap far better than the Smart Sole. Plus, having the SS in the bag means my highest lofted wedge is the 54*, and the SS isn't good anywhere besides the sand unfortunately.

• Like 1