jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

I'm thinking about maybe moving on from my X2Hot hybrid and getting something with a larger head that's a bit more forgiving. I have no issues hitting my Heavenwood, so maybe a bigger headed hybo will finally give me some confidence and help move me out of Hook City. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking about maybe moving on from my X2Hot hybrid and getting something with a larger head that's a bit more forgiving. I have no issues hitting my Heavenwood, so maybe a bigger headed hybo will finally give me some confidence and help move me out of Hook City.

A more forgiving hybrid without draw bias would be tough. Better off looking at a 5 wood
  • Like 1

A more forgiving hybrid without draw bias would be tough. Better off looking at a 5 wood

And that's one of the biggest issues I've had with hybrids for years. I've even thought about getting an adjustable 24* and lofting it down to see if that helped. 

And that's one of the biggest issues I've had with hybrids for years. I've even thought about getting an adjustable 24* and lofting it down to see if that helped.

Why not a utility iron? Do you hit your long irons well?

He mentioned he wanted something more forgiving than his current hybrid

He mentioned he wanted something more forgiving than his current hybrid

Yup, I need something I can hit off the turf on par 5s or as a tee club for tighter par 4s. Plus with a mid 90's driver swing speed, I'm a bit worried about not being able to really elevate a driving iron.

+1 for the utility club. That should get rid of the hook bias.

There are some pretty forgiving ones like the Ping G400 Crossover and Cobra Utility.

Yup, I need something I can hit off the turf on par 5s or as a tee club for tighter par 4s. Plus with a mid 90's driver swing speed, I'm a bit worried about not being able to really elevate a driving iron.

Maybe wait for those new GAPR's to come out. The Mid or the High might be your golden ticket.

I believe that Callaway's Apex Pro hybrids had a neutral to fade bias if I remember correctly.

+1 for the utility club. That should get rid of the hook bias.

There are some pretty forgiving ones like the Ping G400 Crossover and Cobra Utility.

Y'know, I don't think I ever really thought about the Crossover. Hmmmmm....

• Like 1

You could try the Launcher HB 4 iron. Plays like an iron but gets up like a hybrid. No draw bias but I can't remember the loft on it. The other option I use is the Cobra single length 3H. Straightest club I have and if you've seen my swing that is saying something.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

And, how much forgiveness do you need? Where is your miss on the club-face?

And, how much forgiveness do you need? Where is your miss on the club-face?

He reviewed the Wilson c300s and felt he needed more forgiveness.

• Like 2

You could try the Launcher HB 4 iron. Plays like an iron but gets up like a hybrid. No draw bias but I can't remember the loft on it. The other option I use is the Cobra single length 3H. Straightest club I have and if you've seen my swing that is saying something.

I had 4 & 5 Altitudes and I hooked the heck out of those too :(

I had 4 & 5 Altitudes and I hooked the heck out of those too :(

Hmmm....so much for that idea.

He reviewed the Wilson c300s and felt he needed more forgiveness.

PING G400's might do the trick too.

Good luck in finding your fit.

• Like 2

Hmmm....so much for that idea.

I know... honestly I think it's more mental than anything else at this point. 

I should just stick with choking up on my Heavenwood when needed, and keep the 4i in the bag for punchouts and tee shots. 

I know... honestly I think it's more mental than anything else at this point.

I should just stick with choking up on my Heavenwood when needed, and keep the 4i in the bag for punchouts and tee shots.

If you hit your 7 iron straight you will hit the Cobra single length 3H straight.

• Like 2

Considering picking up some new wedges.. do I want a set of SM6s or Glide 2.0 Stealths?