Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I actually just played 3 rounds with some demo clubs from Sub70. They sent me their pro 3-wood with their project x, 19-deg hybrid with the V2 shaft, their driving iron with PX and a blade 9-iron and cavity 6-iron with KBS 120. Irons and hybrid are fantastic. 3-wood and driving iron are not amazing. Can't stand em honestly. 3-wood is closed and goes left all day and the driving iron feels like cement. I'm going to take them to Club Champion and hit them agains other hybrids and irons. Really interested in the TS and G410 drivers, hybrids and woods. Can't imagine I'd like any irons more than these sub70's though. Evan after playing Mizuno MP-68's for years

Vega Mizar irons....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... I am about to post a Speedzone Xtreme review, hopefully by early next week. 

I was surprised when I didn't get selected for the Extreme over the regular Speedzone.  Maybe your review will shed some light.  My handicap is still a work in progress, so I entered a pretty a high value because I know I struggle quite a bit all around the golf course.  I figured I would end up being recommended a pair of drivers that were high up on forgiveness/dispersion from the 2020 driver test.  Both of my recommendations had really high dispersion instead.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

16 minutes ago, AmishJason said:

I was surprised when I didn't get selected for the Extreme over the regular Speedzone.  Maybe your review will shed some light.  My handicap is still a work in progress, so I entered a pretty a high value because I know I struggle quite a bit all around the golf course.  I figured I would end up being recommended a pair of drivers that were high up on forgiveness/dispersion from the 2020 driver test.  Both of my recommendations had really high dispersion instead.

... Fittings are like handicaps, they show you what you are capable of at your best. Standing in one spot and grooving a driver is not the same as pulling it out once on the golf course with wind, trees and water. I have found I can use all the forgiveness I can get once I am actually playing. I don't want to undermine your fitter, maybe they take all of the above into account when making a recommendation. As always go with what you feel comfortable using and what gives you the most confidence. A fitting will get you in the right ball park but you have to make the final decision based on your experience and instinct. That said, hard to go wrong with either Speedzone as the non Xtreme isn't exactly unforgiving. Good luck! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Fittings are like handicaps, they show you what you are capable of at your best. Standing in one spot and grooving a driver is not the same as pulling it out once on the golf course with wind, trees and water. I have found I can use all the forgiveness I can get once I am actually playing. I don't want to undermine your fitter, maybe they take all of the above into account when making a recommendation. As always go with what you feel comfortable using and what gives you the most confidence. A fitting will get you in the right ball park but you have to make the final decision based on your experience and instinct. That said, hard to go wrong with either Speedzone as the non Xtreme isn't exactly unforgiving. Good luck! 

As I always, I appreciate the input.  My fitter wasn't an in person fitting, rather the True Golf Fit process. I may have my swing recorded and use the video next time.  I believe that is an option anyhow.  But as I said, a demo of the Speedzone is on the way, so I can have some fun with that in the mean time.  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

I'm not a horrible wedge player and I'm not the greatest either.... the appearance of this is along the lines of the alien but I must say, I'm intrigued.

https://www.amazon.com/Cutter-Wedge-Leading-Edge-Dragging-Triangular/dp/B084H42BF4

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I'm not a horrible wedge player and I'm not the greatest either.... the appearance of this is along the lines of the alien but I must say, I'm intrigued.

https://www.amazon.com/Cutter-Wedge-Leading-Edge-Dragging-Triangular/dp/B084H42BF4

Get it!  Or....the only game I can get my kids to play is Chippo.  Check it out, it has seriously helped my chipping from all the games we play with it together.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I need something to put in the bag that is reliable and forgiving that is between my Sim Max 3H and driver. My Sim Max 3H is cut down 0.75" and has a steel shaft in it, so I don't hit it super long, around 200 yards or maybe a little less. Open to ideas.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

14 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I need something to put in the bag that is reliable and forgiving that is between my Sim Max 3H and driver. My Sim Max 3H is cut down 0.75" and has a steel shaft in it, so I don't hit it super long, around 200 yards or maybe a little less. Open to ideas.

Ever consider a 5w? 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Get it!  Or....the only game I can get my kids to play is Chippo.  Check it out, it has seriously helped my chipping from all the games we play with it together.

I’m not sure what to say. It’s so strange to me it would probably be great.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Ever consider a 5w? 

Definitely open to trying one out. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Definitely open to trying one out. 

Last time I got fit I was told to drop my 3 wood and get the 5 wood.  

It's easier to hit off the fairway, and I don't lose much of anything off the tee.  Highly recommend trying one out for yourself.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

... Do you get one of these with each purchase?

• 12774-TinFoilHat-Q01_2000x.png?v=1542393503

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... Do you get one of these with each purchase?

• 12774-TinFoilHat-Q01_2000x.png?v=1542393503

If that’s the case I’m in🤪

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 5/4/2020 at 11:06 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wow!! This question.  More like what equipment haven't I thought about 😎

As I mentioned in another thread, watching the Rewind of the Wells Fargo  this weekend,  and seeing the nice temps out near 70 degrees here---but courses still closed 😞   I really started getting the itch to play with my bag.    Among the items that either crossed my mind or may have found a waitng spot in a cart somewhere!

PING 410 LST

Titleist TS3 Driver

Titleist TS2 5 wood

PXG Gen II 0811 XF (great price on them right now!!)

PXG 0211 irons (great price as well on these)

PXG Operator Putter....ditto on pricing

Mizuno Hot Metal Pro irons

Cobra Forged Tec irons

Sub70 699 irons

BagBoy, QOD or MMi Push and Electirc carts for the walking only restrictions. 

Pretty good pricing right now on both Titleist and Ping woods.  Both planned new models this fall.  Understand Titleist is on track for that.  Don't know about Ping.  But would act pretty quick just in case for both.

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

My need for a fairway wood reminded me of my thought about this. 

s-l300.jpg

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, jkpigott said:

Pretty good pricing right now on both Titleist and Ping woods.  Both planned new models this fall.  Understand Titleist is on track for that.  Don't know about Ping.  But would act pretty quick just in case for both.

Yeah, my fairways are old and a price drop on the TS2/3 might be a great time to find a 5W that I can turn flat. Hoping that I can still make it out to California this October for a bag fitting.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

3 hours ago, jkpigott said:

Ha. Trust me. Im well aware of what’s coming and going.   And will act accordingly 👍

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ha. Trust me. Im well aware of what’s coming and going.   And will act accordingly 👍

Does this mean I need to start looking at woods to replace my hybrid 🤔

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

You, Stud and I have to get a round in this summer. 

@Golfspy_CG2 we need another spy get together.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Does this mean I need to start looking at woods to replace my hybrid 🤔

that hybrid did misbehave today... 🤷‍♂️

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Given the title of this thread, I was fully expecting you to be thinking about a whole bunch of Cobra stuff!

Have fun!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Given the title of this thread, I was fully expecting you to be thinking about a whole bunch of Cobra stuff!
Have fun!

Hahaha yes indeed. I’m going to be dreaming of snakes tonight but in a good way, not in an Indiana Jones way.

28 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

The 2 is fine still lol it’s the 4 that’s gonna not have a spot

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Irons.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha. Trust me. Im well aware of what’s coming and going.   And will act accordingly

We know you’re up w ALL the “new stuff”!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

No way I could ever play it. Wow!

Hmmmm. I wonder what I’m doing next Friday..........

IMG_0545.JPG