TESTERS WANTED! ×

Where to buy and sell used clubs

stickswap_mike

Hey guys, wanted to take a minute to introduce to y'all - STICKSWAP.

My buddy and I created this golf club marketplace so people like you could easily buy & sell used clubs.  Just like eBay, but just clubs.  Also, we'll be spending money on advertising to make sure your clubs get seen, and ultimately sold. 

Check it out and let me know what you think. - www.stickswap.co

Best, 

Mike

Ping G25 X

Ping i20 17 degree hybrid X

Ping i20 3-PW X

Ping Tour Black Nickel 52

Ping Tour Black Nickel 58

Cleveland 64

Scotty

Good idea, but how is this better than ebay?

Ebay already has a huge user base including several companies like rock-bottom golf and 2nd swing. If I want to buy something I know ebay will have a ton of options and as a seller I know that I'd get the most eyes on my clubs by throwing them on ebay.

Thanks Mike,  I look forward to viewing your site 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Good idea, but how is this better than ebay?

Ebay already has a huge user base including several companies like rock-bottom golf and 2nd swing. If I want to buy something I know ebay will have a ton of options and as a seller I know that I'd get the most eyes on my clubs by throwing them on ebay.

Right now, you're 100% right. eBay is better.  They have a massive inventory. You can search for "cleveland wedge" and have hundreds to choose from. 

Our goal is to some day get there.  Where we aim to stand out is by providing full support on the marketing side of the coin.  Each and every listing will be shared and marketed across our marketing channels.  We have other golf related instagram accounts (brolife_golf) that have over 11k followers.  Not a big number by any means, but the followers are very engaged in golf.  They're a great audience that's very interested in this topic.  

Also, we charge less. 

We want to create a community of golf club buyers & sellers, provide them with occasional updates regarding new listings and so on and so forth.  

At the very least, perhaps we can give eBay some solid concentrated niche competition. 

Ping G25 X

Ping i20 17 degree hybrid X

Ping i20 3-PW X

Ping Tour Black Nickel 52

Ping Tour Black Nickel 58

Cleveland 64

Scotty

Right now, you're 100% right. eBay is better.  They have a massive inventory. You can search for "cleveland wedge" and have hundreds to choose from. 

Our goal is to some day get there.  Where we aim to stand out is by providing full support on the marketing side of the coin.  Each and every listing will be shared and marketed across our marketing channels.  We have other golf related instagram accounts (brolife_golf) that have over 11k followers.  Not a big number by any means, but the followers are very engaged in golf.  They're a great audience that's very interested in this topic.  

Also, we charge less. 

We want to create a community of golf club buyers & sellers, provide them with occasional updates regarding new listings and so on and so forth.  

At the very least, perhaps we can give eBay some solid concentrated niche competition. 

That sounds great - but how exactly do you plan on getting that inventory?  If I was a seller I do not really have any incentive to list on your site because there demand is so low.  I want to put my inventory where the action is, which, right now, is ebay.  Heck, there is more action on the Buy/Sell areas of sites like MGS and WRX.  And there are no fees at all on those sites.  Maybe if you became the official store site of a site like MGS or WRX you could make a dent, but I just don't see it.

The real question is - is there really a need for this type of site? Are their sellers of golf clubs that wish there was an outlet like this for their clubs?

Looking forward to taking a look at your site! 

Twitter: @EdmundCruz 

@ChiGolfAth 

What's In The Bag:

Driver:  Tour Edge Golf EX9 10 degrees, UST Mamiya ATTAS COOOL Stiff Flex
Hybrid:  Tour Edge Golf Exotics EX9 #3 Hybrid, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 670 F4 Stiff Flex
Irons:
:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47 KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Wedges:
:benhogan-small: TK 15 Wedges, 51, 55, 59. KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Putter: Buzelli Golf STA-1, Standard Loft/Lie
Ball:  Snell Golf My Tour Ball 

That sounds great - but how exactly do you plan on getting that inventory? If I was a seller I do not really have any incentive to list on your site because there demand is so low. I want to put my inventory where the action is, which, right now, is ebay. Heck, there is more action on the Buy/Sell areas of sites like MGS and WRX. And there are no fees at all on those sites. Maybe if you became the official store site of a site like MGS or WRX you could make a dent, but I just don't see it.

The real question is - is there really a need for this type of site? Are their sellers of golf clubs that wish there was an outlet like this for their clubs?

Spoken like a true numbers man

Archived