SuperDave

Best Golf related movie?

What's your favorite golf movie and why? Movies with just one golf scene are allowed.

For best I say Caddyshack. Definitely, the funniest. I recently scene a deleted scene that I can't believe didn't make it in the final cut. Check it out on YouTube. It's another scene with Chevy Chase and Bill Murray.

• Like 2

I think you guys all know my answer!  But I will throw Tin Cup in the mix as well, very funny and is much more 'golf related'

• Like 4

I think you guys all know my answer!  But I will throw Tin Cup in the mix as well, very funny and is much more 'golf related'

That's my second fav movie, with Bagger Vance coming in 3rd.

• Like 2

I think you guys all know my answer! But I will throw Tin Cup in the mix as well, very funny and is much more 'golf related'

I will allow it, Judge. "Winter Rules"

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I have to go with Happy Gilmore. Loved that movie growing up. I do like Caddyshack but it was before my time.

• Like 3

Caddyshack and Tin cup are 1 and 2 for me. I do like both the Legend of Bagger, and the Greatest Game Ever Played as well. Happy Gilmore is awesome but for some reason I don't think about it as a golf movie. 

My wife and I quote Caddyshack ALL the time, so...   But one of my favorite golf scenes in a movie is Goldfinger.

• Like 6

Caddyshack is far and away my favorite movie ever.  I thnk that I quote a line from it just about every day and even have the dancing gopher in my office.

Caddyshack, Bagger vance, Bobby Jones story, greatest game ever played, happy gilmore, tin cup (would be higher but Peter Jacobsen wins).

Love the goldfinger scene but a special plug to golf mentions in Seinfeldt and Curb Your enthusiasm. I love the one where Larry David ticks off the clubhouse boy who then "mistakenly" sends David's favorite club to be buried with a dead guy.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

On rainy days we watch Caddyshack in the shop (course maintenance worker). Without a doubt the funniest and my favorite. Close second is Tin Cup

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

"Oooh he's doing that 'Arnold Palmer' thing again" Tin Cup is great, but love Bagger Vance

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I'll go Happy Gilmore because I grew up with that movie memorised in my head. Honourable mention to Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder!! Bender + Mini-Golf = Shenanigans!

• Like 1

Let's go old school...

Martin and Lewis in The Caddy....

And Glenn Ford in Follow The Sun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWATL2ATxaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojekw-2D16c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH3L7nFWmtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWqLXIkR1Y

• Like 3

Awesome. Great pick. I enjoy a little Dean and Jerry.

I may be in the minority. I hated bagger vance. I called the ending halfway through the movie. Tin Cup is great just because it's not the ending that you'd think Hollywood would love. Happy Gilmore is solid from an absurd point of view. Caddy shack is on another level though. Murray and Chase were amazing in those roles and just the solid jokes and bits were great.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority. I hated bagger vance. I called the ending halfway through the movie. Tin Cup is great just because it's not the ending that you'd think Hollywood would love. Happy Gilmore is solid from an absurd point of view. Caddy shack is on another level though. Murray and Chase were amazing in those roles and just the solid jokes and bits were great.

The best thing about Caddy Shack is at least 50% of the movie was ad libbed. And that may be short changing it a little. The whole movie was suppose to be about Danny Noonan and the others were just to be small part characters.

• Like 1