SuperDave

Best Golf related movie?

For me, Jenkin's DSP is the best, hands down. It was an HBO production only released on VHS and it's hard to find for less than $75. My Dad loves the film but hadn't seen it for 20 years so I gifted him the VHS release last Xmas. I think you can also watch it on YouTube.

You still have a VHS player??? And here I thought I was the only one... Lol

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Number 1: Caddie Shack

Number 2: Happy Gilmore

Number 3: Bagger Vance (I like the mysticism of the movie, like the Natural (weren't they both directed by Robert Redford?))

Number 985,896,081: Caddie Shack II.. What a waste of film...

MDGolfHacker

Can't wait till Tommy's Honour comes out on digital download.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

For me, Jenkin's DSP is the best, hands down. It was an HBO production only released on VHS and it's hard to find for less than $75. My Dad loves the film but hadn't seen it for 20 years so I gifted him the VHS release last Xmas. I think you can also watch it on YouTube.

I love this movie!  Me and my dad used to watch it all the time.  Whenever I would go play in a tournament my Dad would say, "good luck".  My response would always be, "piss on luck!"

I have been looking for this movie to watch again and cant find it anywhere (Netflix, Hulu, etc.)

Greatest game ever played is one of them for me, I also liked 7 days in utopia

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

+1 for 7 days in utopia!!

- Rhino

• Like 1

I also really enjoyed the squeeze...not top three but still a pretty good movie!

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up... but; Dead Solid Perfect I enjoyed. I'd like to watch it again soon.

agreed I really liked this movie.

• Like 1

Greatest games

Bagger

Caddy Shack

Tin cup

Cant stand "omg" Sandler

The best thing about Caddy Shack is at least 50% of the movie was ad libbed. And that may be short changing it a little. The whole movie was suppose to be about Danny Noonan and the others were just to be small part characters.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Nothing was written for Bill Murray at all. He was given an idea for a scene and then it was all him.

• Like 3

This is more of a "warning" than a choice for best golf movie. Anyway, if you rent the movie, "Looper", expecting a movie about caddying, you will be very disappointed. If you rent it for any other reason, you will also be disappointed.

• Like 3

This is more of a "warning" than a choice for best golf movie. Anyway, if you rent the movie, "Looper", expecting a movie about caddying, you will be very disappointed. If you rent it for any other reason, you will also be disappointed.

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I use the phrase from Bagger Vance "you lost your swing" to get back into my swing during a round.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for the tip. I never seen it. Hope I can find it. I know it was a made for TV movie.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

https://www.raredvds.biz/Dead_Solid_Perfect_DVD_p/dead_solid.htm

I ordered the DVD several years ago from this site.  It is also easily the best golf movie ever made in my opinion.  I watch the DVD at least once per year.

• Like 2

CaddyShack, Tin Cup, Greatest Game, Baggie pants, Happy Gilmore, Sopranos had a couple of episodes with golfing, cigars, booze, and hoooars.. LOL..