Golfspy_CG2

Joining The Land of Spy's

Hi Everyone, I've been familiar with the site for a little while and decided it looks like a cool place to talk golf with fellow golf addicts and the like. Looks like some pretty good topics and discussion going on here. I look forward to jumping in and trying to navigate the landscape.

EDIT Updated Dec 2017...after seeing what a week intro that was!!

For a more detailed intro see my Stage 1 portion of the JPX Review  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20989-official-forum-member-review-mizuno-jpx-900-irons/?p=328942

I currently work in the golf industry as Tournament Sales Director for a 36 hole public course in Maryland, located closer to Baltimore than Washington, DC,  but between the two none the less.  I came to this job after 23 years with first Holiday Inn then Hilton Hotels.

During the slower winter months of our season, I cover college basketball by doing a weekly 15 minute segment on a local radio station.  This keeps me active during the winter when we don't have any outings and allows me to promote our course as well during the segments.

I love trying new equipment as most have seen/read about during the past 18 months.   Irons have known not to get comfortable in my bag before the next newest shiny thing comes along,  I intend for my current irons of AP1/AP2 combo to disrupt that trend.   

But based on the new model drivers due out in January, they could be the next revolving door!! 

Thanks for the welcomes!!

• Like 3

Welcome JR, from the Pacific Northwest. Glad you joined us. Put yourself on the golf map.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Where you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington, DC area
  • Like 1

nice! Philly here. Let's do a meetup half way sometime

Sounds good. I've been wanting to play a few courses near the border, Glen Mills or White Clay Creek. I have a buddy who goes up to Pilgrims Oak a lot. Not sure that's halfway enough for you though.

Is there a regional or local section where guys post meeting up to play?

Sounds good. I've been wanting to play a few courses near the border, Glen Mills or White Clay Creek. I have a buddy who goes up to Pilgrims Oak a lot. Not sure that's halfway enough for you though.

Is there a regional or local section where guys post meeting up to play?

not sure. I'm relatively new here myself. My other forum has a ton of people in Delmarva tho lol

not sure. I'm relatively new here myself. My other forum has a ton of people in Delmarva tho lol

Gotcha. I've got buddies from the Eastern Shore to north of Baltimore. We played as far north as Bulle Rock this year. It's pricey, but worth a once a year splurge.
  • Like 1

Gotcha. I've got buddies from the Eastern Shore to north of Baltimore. We played as far north as Bulle Rock this year. It's pricey, but worth a once a year splurge.

never played there but I've heard the same thing

Welcome JR, from the Pacific Northwest. Glad you joined us. Put yourself on the golf map.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Done, Thanks

Welcome to the forum! Hope you get to learn a thing or two around here

Did you ever get to play with Thainer?

Sent from #throwbackthursday

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum! Hope you get to learn a thing or two around here

Did you ever get to play with Thainer?

Sent from #throwbackthursday

LOL!!! missed this one yesterday...I've been Studded (couldn't think of a better term)  You know like You've been Moss'ed on ESPN     :rolleyes:

No, actually the round with Thanier and fellow spies  Philly Golf Guy and Jlukes....is still one I want to see happen at some point!!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard dude! Hmmmmmm don't I know you

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for the welcome    ;)

We may have run into each other on a nice course in GA one day!!  

• Like 3